BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2015 12:49 pm  #1

It was a bad bad Tuesday.

Breaking news. Crashed my car yesterday on the way home from work. It was pretty bad. Some idiot in a huge SUV suddenly tried to cross the road right in front of me without looking both ways. I'm ok but beat to hell. The air bag went off and my seatbelt, while saving my life, tried to choke me. Spent most of the night in the ER. They erred on the side of caution. Doing several tests to make sure I had not hurt anything internally. They also gave me morphine for the first time. It's not as impressive as I thought it would be. It didn't take away all the pain but I did care a whole lot less.

I have many spectacular marks on my body today in vivid red, blues and purples.
 So, it was bad but I"m ok. Always grateful it wasn't much worse. 

And although it's not as important as being physically ok, I am grateful that the acident was not my fault.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 22, 2015 12:56 pm  #2

Re: It was a bad bad Tuesday.

Ow, that sounds horrible. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured (and that it wasn't your fault). I hope the guy in the SUV will get a penalty of some sorts for what he did!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 22, 2015 1:08 pm  #3

Oh tonnaree, so sorry to hear that! I'm glad that nothing worse happened to you.
This must have been quite disturbing. Hope your bruises will heal soon.

A hug, if you like 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 22, 2015 1:13 pm  #4

Yes, a really really careful hug from me too.
These idiots are everywhere and I am really glad that you got away with nothing more than bruises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 22, 2015 1:20 pm  #5

I hope you feel better soon!

What an awful experience!! Hope you get some rest and that you heal quickly! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 22, 2015 1:24 pm  #6

So sorry to hear that, dear, get well soon.

I really dislike these monstrous SUVs that look as if they could swallow a smaller car whole. Good you did not suffer any more serious injuries. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 22, 2015 2:00 pm  #7

Dear tonnaree, I'm glad to hear you're okay!
I hope you will soon feel better and not linger too much on what has happened.
These big cars scare the hell out of me, too. Always afraid they won't see me, be it in a car, on a bike or on foot...
I hope they at least stopped and took good care of you! (and learn sth from it, preferably getting a penalty, because for many this seems the only way to learn)

"It is what it is."

July 22, 2015 3:02 pm  #8

Oh my god, what a dreadful experience, tonnaree...! Some people really drive like total idiots, and I really have to say that most of those SUV drivers don't have the slightest clue how to handle such a car.
So it's good to hear that you're still in one piece, more or less, this could have ended much worse...
I hope you'll be feeling better soon!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 22, 2015 3:08 pm  #9

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 22, 2015 3:32 pm  #10

Good idea:

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 22, 2015 3:41 pm  #11

Well...

July 22, 2015 6:08 pm  #12

I'll take those doctors!!      Erf… but seriously…          Hate drivers like that… hope heal fast!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 22, 2015 7:09 pm  #13

I'm glad you're not seriously injured and I hope you will get better soon

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

July 22, 2015 9:19 pm  #14

What a dreadful experience, I'm so happy nothing more serious happened to you! Hope you don't have too much pain and you'll feel better soon! All my love and best wishes, dear!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 22, 2015 9:25 pm  #15

Poor girl, get well soon!! 
Although the shock must have been bad, I'm glad to hear it's nothing physically serious.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 22, 2015 9:28 pm  #16

That´s horrible news, tonnaree! Thank God that you were not seriously hurt. Wish you a nice recovery and quick return to full health and energy. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 22, 2015 9:58 pm  #17

Oh God, tonnaree! What terrible news! I'm ever so glad you're okay!
Get well soon, darling!

-Lily xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 23, 2015 12:09 am  #18

About the people in the SUV, hate to say it but I am totally disgusted with them.  I was hurt and in shock and they never even came over to see if I was ok.  We were surrounded by people who were in the area and I kept asking if the other people were ok, but they never checked on me.  

Also, they lied to the police to try and make it look like the accident was my fault!  Luckily the police could tell from the way the cars were positioned and my injuries that I was telling the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 23, 2015 7:37 am  #19

Oh, shame on them!    I'm glad the police saw through them  .

Will they get sued?

July 23, 2015 7:55 am  #20

UGH! What horrible people. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera