BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2015 1:57 pm  #1

Dear John and The Hybrid fanfic (Johnlock - adult)

I have been told that I have to use this topic for the fanfictions, I had a mistake to post my message on different topic about this, so here we are! I have to copy my message from different topic and paste it here.

First of all, I strongly do not support Johnlock, but I respect people who loves Johnlock. I look it up on Johnlock, because I wanted to see why is it so popluar. I strongly stun the sexual tensons or smut, so I skipped this parts on the fanfictions. The reason why I read it is because I views them as brothers and I look for inspirational for my project drawings of Sherlock related.

These fanfics are not mine, but I just read "Dear John" fanfic last night, and it was quite emotical and sad, but in the end, as for Johnlock fans, its happiness of joy. It's basically about dating site. It was the time when Sherlock is away from London to do on the several cases and John believed that Sherlock is already dead. But as soon as Sherlock finds out that John is using the dating site so Sherlock have to pretends as someone else and talk to him. It was interesing. I found this through the YouTube on "Dear John". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmq_ycQg5GA I like this video better than fanfic because it gives more vision and more knowing on their backgrounds of their life, while they were talking each other on the site. The fanfic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2647979 (63 chapters - completed)

The Hybrid. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10426675/1/The-Hybrid  (43 chapters and still in progress) because I love hybrids, I don't know why but they are interesting. It's also Johnlock, but I so love hybrid Sherlock. Its cute when he purrs. ((It is the only one who inspired me to draw him as hybrid, which I already did, but I haven't colour it yet. I also did the comics as well, heavyily based on this fanfiction. I will show you a few of sketch drawings of hybird Sherlock later. ))

Enjoy! Please note, I did this because it's for Johnlock fans out there, its not for me. It's something I want to share with of what I did read or watch.

Last edited by BabyRose (July 15, 2015 1:57 pm)

"I like detective stories - and detectives. Brainy is the new sexy." - Irene Adler
"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain....You're on the side of the angels." - Jim Moriarty

July 15, 2015 6:55 pm  #2

Re: Dear John and The Hybrid fanfic (Johnlock - adult)

I thought we had a thread of it's own for fic recs? 

I've read Dear John and I loved it. It was a unique way of posting it, where the author posted each chapter in real time so people could follow their chat and posts to each other in the same space of time Sherlock and John would have to wait themselves. To read the comments that were posted at the time for each chapter is almost as entertaining as the fic itself. I read the entire fic the day after she posted the last chapter, so I got to follow it almost in real time.

Have you read her sequel in the same series?

Hybrid I haven't read. It's probably good, but that isn't a tag for me, I'm afraid.

Last edited by Vhanja (July 15, 2015 6:56 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 13, 2015 2:35 pm  #3

Vhanja wrote:

I thought we had a thread of it's own for fic recs? 

I've read Dear John and I loved it. It was a unique way of posting it, where the author posted each chapter in real time so people could follow their chat and posts to each other in the same space of time Sherlock and John would have to wait themselves. To read the comments that were posted at the time for each chapter is almost as entertaining as the fic itself. I read the entire fic the day after she posted the last chapter, so I got to follow it almost in real time.

Have you read her sequel in the same series?

Hybrid I haven't read. It's probably good, but that isn't a tag for me, I'm afraid.

First of all, I am sorry that I didn't reliped to your message! 

"Dear John" is already been told on the topic ? Or do you mean this topic has to be discussing about our fanfictions? If so, well, the mod asked me to posted it here, so...but you can share with the fanfictions that you have read. Because why's not?  

Yes, I did after finished reading Dear John, but it has shown sexual explict, which I am not interested in. But Dear John is so far, so good. 

That's alright, it's cute actually! The way Hybrid Sherlock make noisy like the cat. XD But that's fine, though. Thank you for the comment!

Last edited by BabyRose (August 13, 2015 2:37 pm)

"I like detective stories - and detectives. Brainy is the new sexy." - Irene Adler
"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain....You're on the side of the angels." - Jim Moriarty

August 13, 2015 9:49 pm  #4

That Hybrid fanfiction looks sweet, thanks for the heads up, I´ll give it a try. I once read a very good series of "catlock" fics, penned by beautifulfiction:

http://archiveofourown.org/series/58826

and found it playful and funny. Good to know that more fics with similar theme exist. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera