BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 26, 2015 5:10 pm  #121

Re: The Big Special Picture Thread (spoilers)

*steps away from nakahara before the lightening strikes*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 26, 2015 5:58 pm  #122

nakahara wrote:

Ariane DeVere wrote:

Loving this:

http://taters169.tumblr.com/post/131825808740

Yes, that was hilarious.

Somebody has already done a more eleborate picture out of this joke:

http://vilonal.tumblr.com/post/131897720788/got-inspired-by-the-new-promo-pic

I see I'm not the only one who thought it was funny that they made Holmes and Watson the same height in the promo photo.

Clueing for looks.

October 26, 2015 6:00 pm  #123

Heh… nope.  Was going to post the same cool 'look how similar' gif nakahara did, as my first thought with it was 'Oh, Watson! How you've grown!'   ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 26, 2015 6:31 pm  #124

Russell wrote:

Heh… nope. Was going to post the same cool 'look how similar' gif nakahara did, as my first thought with it was 'Oh, Watson! How you've grown!' ;D

I would pay money to hear Sherlock growl that at John.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 27, 2015 3:23 pm  #125

I made a screenshot because this is quite interesting:

The shooting bride seems to shoot herself as well. It is the same dress she is wearing and there is a gun in her hand. There has been some speculation if she may be an actress because of the glaring make-up not worn by Victorian ladies. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 27, 2015 6:50 pm  #126

The white 'ghost' makeup did also say actress to me! Interesting what it will mean! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2015 9:35 am  #127

I find it interesting that the lady obviously shoot herself into her head, just like Moriarty in TRF. Could there be any connection between them?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 28, 2015 9:37 am  #128

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 28, 2015 9:46 am  #129

nakahara wrote:

I find it interesting that the lady obviously shoot herself into her head, just like Moriarty in TRF. Could there be any connection between them?

How do you know she shot herself in the head? It cannot be seen from the pic, can it? Setlock? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 28, 2015 9:48 am  #130

That art is amazing! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2015 9:56 am  #131

SusiGo wrote:

nakahara wrote:

How do you know she shot herself in the head? It cannot be seen from the pic, can it? Setlock? 

There was a Setlock pic showing the bloodstain on the curtain behind the shooting lady - in the same height as her head. I think it was a visual cue that she shot herself in the head.

October 28, 2015 9:59 am  #132

Ah, thank you. And it fits my screenshot as she seems to be lying on the floor, feet towards the window, as if she had fallen straight back. 

October 28, 2015 10:01 am  #133

Yes, and the big red bloodstain seems to indicate she managed to kill herself exactly as Moriarty - put the gun into her mouth and BANG!

Edit: There were some more Setlock pics confirming that:

Last edited by nakahara (October 28, 2015 10:05 am)

October 28, 2015 10:14 am  #134

Brilliant, thank you again!

The pics do not really look like a stage set, do they? 

Btw, someone said that her bridal headdress and Mary's are identical or very similar except the veil. I am not sure, there seem to be little flowers in both. Any thoughts?

October 28, 2015 10:18 am  #135

I do see some similarity....

Last edited by nakahara (October 28, 2015 10:21 am)

October 28, 2015 10:25 am  #136

Indeed. Good job. 

October 28, 2015 1:12 pm  #137

The bride had reminded me of Mary, I see it even clearer now. 

Wonder if it's on purpose??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2015 1:19 pm  #138

What about mind palace though? Could she be an image in Sherlock's mind palace?

By the way, this is the picture thread and we're talking about content, that's a bit unfortunate, don't you think? Shouldn't we talk about this in the "What is the Special about"-thread...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 28, 2015 10:37 pm  #139

Off with your moustache, Watson!

October 28, 2015 10:51 pm  #140

Ha, ha!  Good one, nakahara!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera