BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2015 1:41 pm  #1

Good morning, London!!!

Well, greetings to you, my dear Sherlockians . I would like to join your team :-).
My name's Sabine and my nick "kornmuhme" refers to an ancient German demon: a witch sitting and waiting in a field for naive kids to come ... I myself come from Germany, too, and to be honest, I came across "Sherlock" a few weeks ago - when the German TV programme repeated the episodes from the 3rd series. Well, what can I say apart from totally being sherlocked :-)!! Mainly I'm fascinated by the two charakters Sherlock and John - they are brilliantly played by the actors and I couldn't imagine any other actors playing them than Cumberbatch and Freeman! I love the "chemistry" between them!
So I bought the complete series 1-3 on DVD and can now watch them from the beginning - haven't watched all episodes yet, started today with S1E01 - GREAT!! OVERWHELMING! Especially liked the scene when they first met :-).
I've been already following this forum for a while, and I think now it's the right time to appear on stage - I feel an urgent need to talk to other fans and discuss :-). So, I think you'll hear from me in the coming days and weeks ;-).
Good bye for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

June 28, 2015 3:18 pm  #2

Re: Good morning, London!!!

Great to have you around, and isn't it fascinating that Sherlock can get people like that? Welcome! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 28, 2015 4:08 pm  #3

Welcome to the forum, Sabine!
Yes, sometimes reruns on German television can be a good thing, that's exactly how I came across "Sherlock" almost exactly two years ago. And the rest is history, as they say.
And I completely agree with you, the chemistry between Benedict and Martin is extraordinary, that's what I call champagne casting.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 28, 2015 4:16 pm  #4

Wise decision to join us, Sabine!
Welcome and make yourself at home.
Tea?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 28, 2015 4:35 pm  #5

So glad to you have you join us!  Welcome! The show is amazing and has grabbed our imaginations like no other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 28, 2015 4:45 pm  #6

Thanks for your warm welcome!
My English seems to have got a little rusty, so please forgive possible mistakes. I can understand written texts quite well, but I've got some problems with writing and listening. That's why I'm watching "The pink lady" in German now again (thanks to the iTunes!) although having started with the English original this morning. Sometimes the guys talk a little too fast :-).

"Welcome and make yourself at home.
Tea?"

Yes, please! But only herbal tea - Earl Grey's too strong :-).

June 28, 2015 4:47 pm  #7

SolarSystem wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Sabine!
Yes, sometimes reruns on German television can be a good thing, that's exactly how I came across "Sherlock" almost exactly two years ago. And the rest is history, as they say.
And I completely agree with you, the chemistry between Benedict and Martin is extraordinary, that's what I call champagne casting.

That's exactly what I say :-)! Good to "meet" some Gerans here. Can I read anything about this forum's history? Gosh, there's so much to explore here !

June 30, 2015 11:01 am  #8

Welcome to the forum from another German.

My aunt always told me about the "Kornmuhme" when I was a child. Mainly to stop me from running into the farmer's fields, which I did anyway. Also the tales about the "Maishexe", probably a relative of hers, didn't stop me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 30, 2015 12:48 pm  #9

Welcome Sabine!
As kids we loved to build complete flats in the fields by rolling around in them, but I never met the Kornmuhme. But an very angry farmer once! 

So you've watched all the episodes in German and started watching them in English just now?
Did I get that right?

And isn't it even better in English? Those voices....... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 30, 2015 12:53 pm  #10

Voices...? What the heck are you talking about, Mattlocked? Are you hearing voices...? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 30, 2015 1:09 pm  #11

Welcome, Sabine, nice to have you here.

I watched two episodes when they aired first and liked them but did not get hooked. Then I bought the DVDs, heard THE VOICE and the original dialogues and now, three years later … well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 30, 2015 1:12 pm  #12

Hello Sabine, welcome to this astonishing place here. Hope you will have a lot of fun.

Yeah, Susi, THE VOICE ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 30, 2015 2:11 pm  #13

Hell, what's with the voice, what's with THE VOICE...??? 

June 30, 2015 2:27 pm  #14

It's just ... there. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 30, 2015 6:09 pm  #15

It's here, it's there, it's everywhere 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 1, 2015 5:00 pm  #16

Schmiezi wrote:

Welcome to the forum from another German.

My aunt always told me about the "Kornmuhme" when I was a child. Mainly to stop me from running into the farmer's fields, which I did anyway. Also the tales about the "Maishexe", probably a relative of hers, didn't stop me.

HA! In my case it was my father telling me about the "Kornmuhme", and he had it from his mother, my grandmother. The expression "Maishexe" also sounds familiar to me. Nice chance!

July 1, 2015 5:06 pm  #17

Mattlocked wrote:

Welcome Sabine!
As kids we loved to build complete flats in the fields by rolling around in them, but I never met the Kornmuhme. But an very angry farmer once!

So you've watched all the episodes in German and started watching them in English just now?
Did I get that right?

And isn't it even better in English? Those voices.......

Well, never met the "Kornmuhme" either ... But be careful :-)!
Yes, you're right, I just started watching the German episodes and I still do - to be honest, I'm quite satisfied with the synchro, Martin's and Benedict's as well. Of course, I have to admit, BC's original voice has an extraordinarily HOT timbre , and I'm glad to habe the original series here, but as far as I'm concerned I need as much understanding as possible to follow the single cases developed in each episode. So at the moment I'm watching German and English as well.
A serious question: Can't you really stand the German synchro?

July 1, 2015 5:12 pm  #18

SusiGo wrote:

Welcome, Sabine, nice to have you here.

I watched two episodes when they aired first and liked them but did not get hooked. Then I bought the DVDs, heard THE VOICE and the original dialogues and now, three years later … well. 

hey Susi,
I think I'll be exactly led into this direction *ggg*. Well, I accidently zapped to the middle of one of the episodes last year, but as you said, I didn't get hooked. Strangely enough that this happened some weeks ago ...
And good to habe found this forum and you guys to share and deepen my addiction .

July 1, 2015 5:14 pm  #19

I think, they often did quite a good job with the synchro, but also made some embarrassing decisions.
And nothing compared to the original voices 
But I came also from the dubbing version and imho there is nothing wrong about that way. I needed a little help, too.

You can find details about the episodes in German in several threads.

Last edited by Harriet (July 1, 2015 5:15 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 1, 2015 5:17 pm  #20

Harriet wrote:

I think, they often did quite a good job with the synchro, but also made some embarrassing decisions.
And nothing compared to the original voices
But I came also from the dubbing version and imho there is nothing wrong about that way. I needed a little help, too.

You can find details about the episodes in German in several threads.

Oh, interesting, can you give me a link, maybe?

Board footera