BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2015 9:47 am  #1

RIP Patrick Macnee

I loved you in the The Avengers and had my first fandom moments with you. Thank you so much! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 26, 2015 12:13 pm  #2

Re: RIP Patrick Macnee

Same here.  He was my very first definition of suave and dapper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 26, 2015 2:43 pm  #3

And a bonus from wikipedia 

Macnee appeared in Magnum, P.I. (1984) as a retired but delusional British agent who believed he was Sherlock Holmes, in a season four episode titled "Holmes Is Where the Heart Is." He played both Holmes and Dr. John Hamish Watson on several occasions. He played Watson three times: once alongside Roger Moore's Sherlock Holmes in a TV film, Sherlock Holmes in New York (1976), and twice with Christopher Lee, first in Incident at Victoria Falls (1991) and then in Sherlock Holmes and the Leading Lady (1992). He played Holmes in another TV film, The Hound of London (1993). He is thus one of only a very small number of actors to have portrayed both Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson on screen. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Macnee)

Last edited by Harriet (June 26, 2015 2:46 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 26, 2015 4:20 pm  #4

I wanted to be Emma Peel when I was a kid and I had a Purdey haircut. R.I.P. to a true gent!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera