BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2015 7:48 am  #1

True Detective

I have just finished watching this amazing first series/season. Absolutely first rate! Definitely NOT for the faint-of-heart as it has some genuinely distressing moments and disturbing (nay shocking)  content but aside of that I can unreservedly recommend it. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are amazing in this (was never much of a fan of either before but they have won me over in this!) Stunning performances, beautiful cinematography, really well-written. Has anyone else watched it? If so, what did you make of it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2015 10:30 am  #2

Re: True Detective

I thought it was fantastic!  High quality work all around.  My husband loved it too, until the end.  I liked how they wrapped things up but hubby was dissapointed.  He felt like the ending should've been darker in line with the rest of the story.

Excited for the next season even if it won't be the same characters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 28, 2015 10:41 am  #3

Waves! Xxx I thought the ending was very touching. It was such an excellent series. I am also keen to see the next one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2015 11:10 am  #4

I loved the first season. The only thing that I would have to complain about is that

in the end the problem was once more solved with a shoot-off.

I found the show too smart to end like that. Otherwise, this show was just absolutely excellent  

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

May 28, 2015 1:29 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

Waves! Xxx I thought the ending was very touching. It was such an excellent series. I am also keen to see the next one.

LOL  My husband will usually choose dark over touching in his entertainment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 17, 2015 11:26 am  #6

The next one looks very, very promising. Colin Farrell! 

Board footera