BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2015 2:32 am  #1

Hello everyone!

Hi all!
I found the forum earlier today while looking for reference images for a story... and thought I might join!

I have only recently gotten into the BBC television series but I have enjoyed the stories for years. Hmmm what to say? I'm currently in school studying to be a Pharmacy Assistant. I am a mother of three (and my older two, both boys, enjoy the show as well!) and I work in retail. I am drawing a blank as far as what else to say...so feel free to ask.

Oh, here's something cool. In my current class at school - which involves writing - my first major assignment was an essay. I wrote it on who is the better Sherlock - Ben or RDJ. My instructor must have enjoyed it because she said in front of the whole class that it was "beautiful".

May 8, 2015 3:00 am  #2

Re: Hello everyone!

Hello and welcome to the forum Well done on your essay, what a good topic. Which actor did you conclude was the better Sherlock Holmes? I'm fairly new to Sherlock fandom myself, having watched the show for the first time this year. I had seen the RDJ films before, but hadn't felt the need to go and read the original stories until after seeing the BBC version. My personal preference is for Benedict, although having recently watched a few of Jeremy Brett's episodes, his portrayal is spot on for authenticity.

Which part of the world do you hail from, may I ask?

Have fun here!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 8, 2015 6:05 am  #3

I live in Canada...outside Vancouver.
I own both of RDJ's movies and have watched all 9 eps on Netflix... I thorougly enjoy Robert's performance, but I found after I thought about it I prefer Ben.
Thanks!

May 8, 2015 8:12 am  #4

Hi, warm welcome here! You must have a full life, so enjoy taking some time off here 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 8, 2015 8:26 am  #5

Welcome, sherlocksbride, nice to have you here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 8, 2015 10:28 am  #6

Warm welcome from me as well, looking forward to hear from you! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 8, 2015 2:23 pm  #7

Welcome, sherlocksbride, fellow Canadian! I'm from Ontario, north of Toronto.  I'm sure you're busy, but I'll look forward to reading what you have to say in the future.

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2015 6:13 pm  #8

Hi everyone! Thank you for the welcome!
That essay I mentioned in my first post? I got an A! And a B in the class overall.
If anyone would like, providing there is a place for it...I can post the essay. Just tell me where is a good spot.

May 15, 2015 11:40 am  #9

Hello and welcome! Vancouver is one of my favourite cities! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera