BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2015 9:05 pm  #1141

Re: Fan art

It's beautiful, Arwende!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 21, 2015 9:45 pm  #1142

I've just come across this on Tumblr...I really like the colours, and the sort of ethereal atmosphere, even if I find it a little too...hopeful (?) and not gloomy enough for such a character.

Original can be found here: http://nixxie-fic.tumblr.com/image/127093363169

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 21, 2015 10:07 pm  #1143

Nice find.  I like it.  I don't think it's too cheerful.  Just because there's white doesn't keep it from being dark in mood, at least to me.

Clueing for looks.

August 21, 2015 10:44 pm  #1144

"This elusive quality it is, which causes the thought of whiteness, when divorced from more kindly associations, and coupled with any object terrible in itself, to heighten that terror to the furthest bounds. Witness the white bear of the poles, and the white shark of the tropics; what but their smooth, flaky whiteness makes them the transcendent horrors they are?" Herman Melville, Moby Dick

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 21, 2015 11:26 pm  #1145

Huh. Didn't even consider it that way. Now you've pointed it out, though...

August 22, 2015 3:02 am  #1146

Wow….  niice!  But cheerful?  No, not really… can see how usually white/brightness lightens things, but it can also make it really stark.  Think about the descriptor of someone being 'ghostly pale'.  And wow… you just happened to remember that whole quote, Harriet?  Nice… 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 22, 2015 8:30 am  #1147

(No, I just knew it existed and fit, and Project Gutenberg was my friend  From there Melville comes to reflect on the whiteness of Moby Dick.)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 23, 2015 3:47 am  #1148

(Ah.. of course…  know of that place and sounded like a great idea, but never used!)

And oh… wow…  intrigued by the last pic, went to look at other art edits in that girl's tumblr… and found this.     Love it… and the continued theme of time and London.  (time running out for London?)

(big version here:  http://nixxie-fic.tumblr.com/post/126946419024/brand-new-edit-jim-moriarty-from-a-s2-promo)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

August 23, 2015 7:43 pm  #1149

Very cool!

Clueing for looks.

August 23, 2015 7:54 pm  #1150

Nice!

August 27, 2015 6:48 pm  #1151

Ok, silly brain moment with being so used to seeing a ton of different fandom stuff posted often on boards, with so many character favorites/pairings out there.  Scrolling past this on pinterest, you can probably guess who I thought the artist was drawing at first, right?  (and no, not Steve Rogers and Tony Stark (another favorite ship), despite the obviously more techy tablet)          Ha.

On the other hand, this is just plain gorgeous!  I love how they melded 'old' and 'new'!  Wish it had been credited!

Last edited by Russell (August 27, 2015 7:21 pm)

August 27, 2015 7:00 pm  #1152

LOL, Kiss the Chef! 

I like both of them ... 

August 27, 2015 11:59 pm  #1153

I love the Reichenbach Falls one.

Sorry, but I'm not sure about the other one... Is it Sherlock and John, or...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 28, 2015 3:44 am  #1154

Sorry, my sentence wasn't clear?  By the joking assumption of who it was, I figured you guys would also guess it looks a lot like Sherlock and John (since so many fandom pairings and similar ones!), so was kinda amused when realized by the techier tablet and original caption, it was actually Steve and Tony.

August 30, 2015 5:54 pm  #1155

The Reichenbach Falls one is great!

Clueing for looks.

August 30, 2015 9:15 pm  #1156

No, Russell, it was my fault, I didn't know who Steve Rogers is, so I didn't understand... I should have looked it up. Sorry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 30, 2015 9:52 pm  #1157

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 30, 2015 10:10 pm  #1158

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 31, 2015 7:52 am  #1159

LOL, this is sweet and funny 

September 3, 2015 10:06 am  #1160

I just found a lovely Johnlock drawing on tumblr. Unfortunately, I haven't worked out how to post the actual image from tumblr here so here's the link
http://anotherwellkeptsecret.tumblr.com/image/127199843529

Board footera