BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2013 8:13 am  #561

Re: Fan art

Up way waay too late again, thanks to evil Evil tumblr!!          Gah... you browse one cool artist, you find a dozen others.  And one picture struck me in particular, thanks to a recent comment on here, I think by Silver, talking about a melancholy Sherlock shot and a song I had never heard but sounded sweetly perfect with?  So before bed, without further adieu, here's 'The Scientist' for you..... 

(the link, since it's rather big)   http://sash-kash.deviantart.com/art/The-Scientist-280035512

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 2, 2013 4:03 pm  #562

Highly distracting right hand column on that page!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 2, 2013 6:36 pm  #563

Are you kidding??  DeviantArt's right-hand-column recommendations is just as Evil as the Youtube version, or clicking through one tumblr's reposts to the next person's!  Next thing you know, a couple hours have gone by....  (surely that's not just me....)     It's like Tumblr was even laughing at me, getting lost in some great art blogs last night, and one of them even posted this, in affectionately sardonic commentary:

Yup...  that's me in different areas.   Hard to resist, when it comes to such nice portrayals of our boys.....     

(by 'Ireallyshouldbedrawing', again)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 2, 2013 6:39 pm  #564

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 5, 2013 5:28 pm  #565

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 5, 2013 5:59 pm  #566

Me too! The ones with the figures are so cute! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 5, 2013 8:30 pm  #567

I´m hungry....let´s have dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

September 5, 2013 10:13 pm  #568

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 6, 2013 5:40 am  #569

Brilliant.

September 25, 2013 4:53 pm  #570

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 25, 2013 5:16 pm  #571

Aw.

September 25, 2013 6:12 pm  #572

My god. That just brought tears to my eyes :D Truly gorgeous. Even in black and white you can feel the love...
I just wanna throw a blanket over them, start a fire and go bake something now....nrfffff

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (September 25, 2013 6:14 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

September 25, 2013 7:26 pm  #573

Yes, it's pretty overwhelming, isn't it? I could stare at it without end...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 25, 2013 8:04 pm  #574

Awwwwwwww! *smiles* Very lovely 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2013 8:49 pm  #575

*sighs happily*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 25, 2013 9:38 pm  #576

*prays to the fan art gods*  And may you always be blessed by such accidents and be generous enough to share them with us.

That's gorgeous. Intriguing. Sherlock with his eyes open, doing what-- thinking everything to death, keeping watch, what? I *love* this.

September 25, 2013 9:42 pm  #577

I think I just spontaniously ovulated again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 25, 2013 9:52 pm  #578

ancientsgate wrote:

*prays to the fan art gods*  And may you always be blessed by such accidents and be generous enough to share them with us.

That's gorgeous. Intriguing. Sherlock with his eyes open, doing what-- thinking everything to death, keeping watch, what? I *love* this.

Well, let's see about those accidents, but I promise to definitely always share them whenever they should happen to me.

Glad I was able to delight you with this link, ladies. God, I can't believe how captivated I am by the way in which our boys are curled up there within each other...

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 25, 2013 9:56 pm)

September 25, 2013 10:03 pm  #579

SolarSystem wrote:

Glad I was able to delight you with this link, ladies. God, I can't believe how captivated I am by the way in which our boys are curled up there within each other...

You know what would have been even more intriguing? If Sherlock has been the one fast asleep, exhausted beyond even his capacity to stay awake for one more minute, while John was the one with eyes open, keeping watch, having Sherlock's back, as always.

The magic of the pen of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle lives on-- I give him all the credit in the world for having created those two characters. To me, that's the true measure of talent, to have created something that lives on and on and on and who still fires our imaginations, well over a century after John and Sherlock fired his.

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 25, 2013 10:04 pm)

September 26, 2013 12:20 am  #580

ancientsgate wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

You know what would have been even more intriguing? If Sherlock has been the one fast asleep, exhausted beyond even his capacity to stay awake for one more minute, while John was the one with eyes open, keeping watch, having Sherlock's back, as always.

The magic of the pen of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle lives on-- I give him all the credit in the world for having created those two characters. To me, that's the true measure of talent, to have created something that lives on and on and on and who still fires our imaginations, well over a century after John and Sherlock fired his.

...and how is it that a predominately straight woman (such as myself) can find such a picture so damned beautiful and sexy at the same time? What is it about this curled up sleeping that that kicks us in the guts?

I can't get that picture out of my brain...I am literally fighting with myself to only write one fanfic at a time, but there's something so poetic about that image I can't shake it. (Just like the one where they are hugging and Sherlock's face is tucked against John's neck.) It needs words....

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

Board footera