BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2014 5:39 am  #101

Re: The amazing Louise Brealey - discussions, interviews & work

Yeah!   So, whichever organization thought of the neat idea/started it is apparently making it a frequent thing perhaps.  Just seemed pretty soon after the last one, but still, neat.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 17, 2014 7:29 am  #102

Is it about a year?  I really don't remember!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 17, 2014 6:23 pm  #103

Oh?   I could have sworn remembering hearing about the neat little moment on stage with Ben and Gillian late last fall/early winter.  But yes, they seem to be doing them as a series of charity events for the same organization… wonder who else will join Louise in this one? 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

April 17, 2014 6:29 pm  #104

Oh god you're right.
Cos it was October when I bumped into Neil and Gillian, on Charing Cross Road!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 18, 2014 8:54 pm  #105

Hee…  humble brag, there?      But in all seriousness - awesome.
I hope we get to see a decent clip of Louise's part, too!

April 18, 2014 8:58 pm  #106

Sorry, I should have said SEEN them, I didn't speak!
Incidentally, delighted though I am about this wonderful event...
Did anybody actually hear about it?
Fist I heard, was to be told it was sold out!

May 31, 2014 2:52 pm  #107

lucky ones attending the Letters Live readings today! 

May 31, 2014 5:42 pm  #108

Tee Hee.

May 31, 2014 8:28 pm  #109

With all the talk of Benedict's performance at letters live, let's not forget lovely Loo!!  She was amazing today and the chemistry with Ben when reading the 'filthy' WW2 letters was so special to watch.

She also delivered Virginia Woolf's suicide note with such emotion and feeling, it will stay with me for a long time to come.  Truly spectacular 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 3, 2014 9:01 pm  #110

Here is Louise reading Virginia Woolf's letter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEXNs-ty4Dc&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2014 1:17 pm  #111

I just found this and it was hilarious. Louise is perfect!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 4, 2014 3:56 am  #112

Sherlockology has such a nice, new interview with Loo, about her latest film!

http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2014/8/1/interview-with-louise-brealey-010814

(they also already reviewed the film itself, in a previous entry)

March 7, 2015 10:56 pm  #113

Here is Louise reading an amazing letter by Clementine Churchill:

http://cumberbatchweb.tumblr.com/post/113008188469/louise-brealey-reads-a-letter-from-clementine

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2015 11:00 pm  #114

So well done - thanks for sharing! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 31, 2015 3:18 pm  #115

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 31, 2015 4:08 pm  #116

Thanks for posting this article REReader.  I read it this morning before coming to this board and found it very interesting.  Loo seems like a wonderful woman who is on the right track about a lot of things.  Her dedication and passion for so many important things in life really shine through in this piece.  I can easily see why Ben and her are close friends.

Her comments about BC and MF were spot on to me.  You can tell she adores working with both of them.  Her observation about Ben - that "he has a technical brilliance that you then entirely forget when you’re seeing his work” is so true.  He definitely seems to work so hard that it appears naturally brilliantly easy.

And her comment about MF - “The man’s a robot, but in the most brilliant way. He’s so precise: everything is thought through.”  shows how automatic Freeman's precision for character is.  Must be a joy to work with in every regard.

Thanks again for posting this. It's a keeper!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 31, 2015 4:38 pm  #117

My pleasure--and I mean that! It's easy to see why they keep growing Molly's character, Loo is so intelligent and perceptive that she has to make it easy!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 29, 2016 6:32 pm  #118

Happy birthday....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 29, 2016 8:29 pm  #119

Nice dog.

April 18, 2016 2:42 pm  #120

New kind of Dalek:

Board footera