BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2015 3:11 am  #1

Sherlock Jeremy Brett

I have a question, is this forum for the original series of Holmes or a dicussion of the modern t.v. shows to which I only saw one time. I have the complete collection of the Granda shows that stared Jeremy Bret and have enjoyed them so much. Were there any episodes in reference to A Study I Scarlet or The Valley Of Fear?

March 21, 2015 3:53 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Jeremy Brett

Hi there

If you look through the forum index you will see that while this board is called the BBC Sherlock Fan Forum, there is room to discuss the original works of Arthur Conan Doyle, and also to discuss other adaptations including the Jeremy Brett series (here) , so welcome!

I haven't read the original stories (well, I'm most of the way through A Study In Scarlet but haven't finished it yet), or seen any other adaptions except for the Robert Downey Jr. films, so I'm probably not the best person to answer about references, but I can tell you that the BBC Sherlock writers are big fans of the originals and say that their show follows the canon closely. The first episode is titled A Study in Pink, and it is definitely a version of A Study in Scarlet, there are clear references that even I, a newbie, have spotted. I don't know about The Valley of Fear, I'm sorry.

I hope you get a chance to watch the BBC series so you can judge for yourself, but I think it is great, and it has inspired me to read more of ACD work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 21, 2015 7:56 am  #3

Welcome. Or welcome back, I shall say. I've seen that you are a member for quite some months already. If you are missing a thread about some of the Granada stuff or Canon stories, feel free to open one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 22, 2015 10:27 pm  #4

We do have a thread on Jeremy Brett in the Other Adaptations section, but you can open another if you want to ask something really specific. I love the Granada serious, it's genius.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 23, 2015 11:43 pm  #5

Thank You For The Input.

March 25, 2015 4:51 pm  #6

Ok....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera