BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2016 4:00 pm  #81

Re: Do you ship Johnlock?

ewige wrote:

Liberty wrote:

... It's one of the things that makes him uniquely Sherlock.  I think the show has actually stuck quite closely to that, even in the "relationships" with Irene and Janine - he's very guarded, never lets himself go down that route.   Personally, I don't want to see him go there with anyone.  And if they did go there (with John, or anybody, I suppose), there's no going back - we'd have lost "our" Sherlock.   

Yeah, that's the proverbial cake for me. Sherlock is so guarded, it's a delight to see his resolve take a hit from time to time. An acknowledged relationship would ruin the fun but I don't see Moftiss being too cowardly and not addressing this subplot at all in the end (whenever the end may come).

His aloofness, coldness and contempt for emotions were a uniquely Sherlock characteristics too in S1 and S2 (and in the canon). And yet in the S3 and TAB Moftiss changed that with ease and the Sherlock was not lost because of that. If they could go that way concerning his emotions, they could do same thing with his relationships if they would be so inclined....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 4, 2016 4:04 pm  #82

Indeed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2016 4:30 pm  #83

They could, but lets hope not!   Do we really want him to have a girlfriend (or a boyfriend) when we're not even too happy with Mary?  Maybe when he retires ...

January 4, 2016 4:33 pm  #84

I tell you, if he ends up in that cottage with Janine...
I will personally scream!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2016 4:37 pm  #85

I need an option "I honestly do not care either way" 
For me John and Sherlock are soul mates, they complete each other. For me, the only difference between the most beautiful form of friendship and the most beautiful form of romance is the sexual attraction. And for me the story of Sherlock Homes and John Watson is just so beautiful that it does not make a difference, neither on the show not in a well-written fanfic.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 6, 2016 12:44 pm  #86

YES.

January 6, 2016 12:58 pm  #87

As I've pointed out on this board before, I'm absolutely no Johnlock-shipper nor do I ship any of those other fan-fantasies floating around (I somehow never understood those, not in other fandoms and not in this one). I really don't want to see them as a couple, I don't want them to have a relationship and I don't want them to go to bed with each other. All that is for me, is that they have a very deep and very close friendship.
I of course love the fact they sometimes are mistaken as a couple or they make jokes about how close they are what could be mistaken as being a romantic couple but no, honestly.

Last edited by James Norrington (January 6, 2016 2:01 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

January 6, 2016 1:03 pm  #88

I ship Johnlock with the burning fire of a thousand suns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera