BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2015 2:17 pm  #1

Eurovison Song contest 2015 in Vienna

We had one last year, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread for this year, too.

http://www.eurovision.tv/

As everyone (who is interested in it) has already heard, Australia was invited to take part in this years ESC. It's a one time thing because of the 60th Birthday of the ESC. I like that idea, the ESC has a big viewership there and I think it will revive the event a bit.
Some comments 

In Germany we already had a little "scandal" with our voted participant. I don't get the drama the media has started, there are obviously no bigger problems than that in the world.

What do you think? I usually don't take this contest seriously, but who does? It's mostly fun, and once in a while there are one or two really good songs.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 8, 2015 7:22 pm  #2

Re: Eurovison Song contest 2015 in Vienna

I really want Australia to win - only to see what happens next year.

A lovely idea to let them take part.

Last edited by Schmiezi (March 8, 2015 7:22 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 8, 2015 9:03 pm  #3

haha, me, too.

----------

March 9, 2015 10:40 pm  #4

Ivy wrote:

In Germany we already had a little "scandal" with our voted participant. I don't get the drama the media has started, there are obviously no bigger problems than that in the world.

What do you think? I usually don't take this contest seriously, but who does? It's mostly fun, and once in a while there are one or two really good songs.

The only thing I don't understand is, why Andreas Kümmert took part at the voting though he didn't want to go. But beyond that I am ok with our song. Ann Sophie has a great voice and personality IMO. But I have to admit, I hadn't a real favourite at the show. LAIN's first song was great.

I like to watch the ESC and hope for a good result for Germany but I don't take it very seriously as well. Usually the songs I like end up with little points, so my taste in music doesn't seem to be very representative 

I very much like the idea of Australia being part of the show this year 

This is the German song, by the way...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5BJ_eowcM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 23, 2015 6:00 pm  #5

Mark is ready 

----------

May 23, 2015 6:09 pm  #6

Lol, that's funny!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 23, 2015 6:40 pm  #7

This is gross!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 23, 2015 7:15 pm  #8

LOL, I love him 

----------

May 23, 2015 7:55 pm  #9

Watching the ESC while reading Mark's and Ian's tweets is quite entertaining 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 23, 2015 11:03 pm  #10

And once again... my favorite song (Latvia) didn't won  . Congratz to Sweden. I am very sorry for Ann-Sophie and the German team. I hadn't expected a high position but zero points, that's a bit of a shock  . Was it really that bad?

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 23, 2015 11:10 pm  #11

I didn't like the German song, but there were others I find to be much worse. Have no idea why Albania could get any points, my ears are still bleeding from the wailing of her (and countless others, that seemed to be the theme this year).

My favorite was Montenegro, and most of the songs I liked was on the left side of the voting board, so I'm happy. And Norway got a reasonable position, so I'm happy.

The Swedish song was a bit smooth and calculated, but I preferred that they won over Russia. (Also, it made me happy to see the pure joy on the singer's face).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 24, 2015 11:21 am  #12

I wasn't a fan of "our" song (I never was since I watch the ESC), but Ann Sophie did it very well. The ESC isn't really about best voice.
The Swedish song was average, the performance itself and the fact that he's cute did it. But nevertheless I'm happy for Sweden. 
But there wasn't really a song that I want to hear again.

I always cringe at the rehearsed conversations/jokes of the hosts  I liked Nikolaj and Pilou last year, though. And the Swedish comedian in Malmö.
And it's always funny that some of the people who present the points seem to still live in the 1980s with their clothes and hair.

Who was that elderly lady that presented the Australian points? She looked and did it so strict. 

----------

May 24, 2015 11:59 am  #13

----------

Board footera