BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2015 3:30 am  #1

It will be "Sherlock homebody" soon... Feb.19/15

Here's an article by Baz Bamigboye about Ben's plans for the next few month - which will centre on "nesting time" with Sophie and their new baby. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2960782/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-ll-Sherlock-homebody-soon-Benedict-Cumberbatch-reveals-t-wait-prepare-arrival-child.html

Good for him!  He deserves to have homelife (he has been working so hard all year pouring a lot of passion into TIG, Sherlock, Richard III and much more!).  I love that he is insistent on setting aside some quality time for this important aspect of his life.  As he said in the article "It's a real-life role, not a part".

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 20, 2015 5:14 am  #2

Re: It will be "Sherlock homebody" soon... Feb.19/15

And the article includes some more information on the 10 pounds tickets and the NT live broadcast for Hamlet. Thanks for posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 20, 2015 10:25 am  #3

I'm glad he get to have at least a month or two off, he really deserves that. Poor man been working like crazy for what seems like years without a break. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 20, 2015 11:05 am  #4

*sighs happily* So happy to hear that, so well deserved! 

I wish him all the best! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 20, 2015 11:08 am  #5

Actually, he had quite some time off the first months of last year, which made all of us wonder when on earth he'd start working on another project again. And yes, he's constantly been flying around the world lately, doing lots of promotional work, but I'm sure in the end that's what he wants, what he likes to do (well, maybe the promotional work not so much), what he signed up for and what he basically enjoys doing. "Poor man"...? I don't really think so.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 20, 2015 11:11 am  #6

No matter if you love your job, it can still sometimes be very hectic, busy and tiring. I have no trouble at all understanding that he wants a break now.

Last edited by Vhanja (February 20, 2015 11:13 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 20, 2015 11:14 am  #7

That's true, Solar, anyway, he looked a bit pale and exhausted from time to time. And within a matter of little years heading to the Olympic of actors, finding love, engaging, marrying, becoming a father would make everybody a wreck. But a positive wreck nonetheless. 
I just hope Sophie will quit flying around that much, it's like an x-ray for tiny cumberbatch each time...
And when we attend to see him in Hamlet we need him at the peak of his powers, don't we??

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 20, 2015 11:15 am  #8

Vhanja wrote:

No matter if you love your job, it can still sometimes be very hectic, busy and tiring. I have no trouble at all understanding that he wants a break now.

I think we all understand that.
But still: "poor man"? Really?

Last edited by Mattlocked (February 20, 2015 11:15 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 20, 2015 11:16 am  #9

That's part of his job. And I think he copes very well.

Last edited by gently69 (February 20, 2015 11:17 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 20, 2015 11:16 am  #10

*sighs*

It's just an expression. 

Team Hudders!

February 20, 2015 11:19 am  #11

At the moment he is a "busy man". An expression I choose.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

February 20, 2015 11:19 am  #12

I don't mean to sound cynical here, and I'm sure it goes without saying that I wish him and his family all the happiness in the world, but I agree, Mattlocked: He undoubtedly is a man, but poor...? He has work and lots of it, there are thousands of actors out there who have to struggle to pay their monthly rent. Benedict has said it himself, he knows how priviledged he is, and of course he will be tired and exhausted and unhappy from time to time - as we all are. I really can't view him as a "poor man" though, just an expression or not.

Last edited by SolarSystem (February 20, 2015 11:20 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 20, 2015 12:55 pm  #13

HAMLET BROADCAST IN THE STATES ON OCTOBER 15TH!!!

*swoon*
*thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 20, 2015 1:12 pm  #14

Yes, I too am very pleased that the article mentioned this.  Because of this piece I checked into the locations that the NT is broadcasting the play to and I found out that a theatre not too far from me will be showing BC's Hamlet.

It's only about 45 minutes away from where we live so it isn't too far of a drive.  I know it isn't the same as gong to see him in person but it is better than I ever expected (which was to only live vicariously through the lucky few who get to see him live) so I am really chuffed about this.

-Val 

-Benedict Cumberbatch

February 20, 2015 1:20 pm  #15

Where exactly did you find the venue? Did you search for earlier screenings of NTLive? Because details are going to be on the NTLive website from Monday 16 March, as far as I know.

(Tony Hadley)

February 20, 2015 1:56 pm  #16

On the Cineplex Odeon website they have a whole section dedicated to the NT Live events and list all the movie houses in Canada that participate in that programme (they seem to show all the plays that are done in that fashion by the NT).  It breaks them down by provinces and then cities. 

I assume they will be showing Hamlet too.  Because they can make a lot of money with fans of theatre and BC in this kind of "outreach" programme.  Now you got me worried - maybe they won't?  Oh well, I still can hope it will be somewhere near me...

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

February 20, 2015 2:21 pm  #17

I'm sure that if they usually broadcast all the NT Live stuff, they most certainly will broadcast "Hamlet" as well. At least that's how it's been so far with the theatre where I usually watch NT Live.

February 20, 2015 2:59 pm  #18

That would be great, Solar. There is one of those theatres nearby where I watched Frankenstein.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 20, 2015 3:14 pm  #19

Vhanja wrote:

Oh, totally agree with your empathetic comment Vhanja.  I think that comes in loud and clear in the quotes from BC himself in the article.  He enjoys what he is doing but is looking forward to some family time as well because of the hectic pace he has been keeping lately.  

It's nice to see that he is quoted as determined to be jealously guarding his "nesting period".  It seems he is passionately committed to being the best father/husband he can be.  I am so happy for him to succeed in all arenas of his life.

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

February 20, 2015 3:17 pm  #20

Schmiezi wrote:

That would be great, Solar. There is one of those theatres nearby where I watched Frankenstein.

I think I know.
I'm pretty sure it will happen.

Board footera