BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2015 2:47 pm  #61

Re: Benedict is a Married Man!

Ah-chie wrote:

There has been an official announcement from Ben's PA spokesperson, Karon Maskill, on his marriage confirming that they had wed this past weekend, surrounded by family and close friends. She described it as a "magical day".

-Val

How lovely! I'm so glad they had the wedding they wanted.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

February 15, 2015 2:54 pm  #62

Congratulations to the newly weds, I feel very happy for them and I wish them all the best and I''m so glad it seems they had the most beautiful day, everyone deserves it for their wedding.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

February 15, 2015 3:54 pm  #63

Congratulations, nice to hear that seemed to have been the kind of day they wished for.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

February 15, 2015 6:18 pm  #64

stoertebeker wrote:

That they don't like each other is a bit exaggerated I suppose. After all Martin usually said in interviews that they are friendly with each other and when seeing them together on set or during Sherlock premiers they behave nice to each other as well.

I don't see why they should not get well together and they always have nice words to say about each other. I think it is rather that Martin seems a bit irritated that he keeps being asked about Benedict in interviews all the time. And such piece of news as that that he was supposed to be B. best man, could be irritating too. As well as the assumption that Martin & Amanda would be surely invited to the wedding.
What is very clear, IMO, that since thay have passed quite a lot of time together doing Sherlock and have not become friends in private life so far, they evidentely don't share that kind of affinity that would inspire a bound of deeper friendship.

Last edited by miriel68 (February 15, 2015 6:20 pm)

February 16, 2015 11:57 am  #65

They look like a beautiful couple :-)
That's all I can say, because private life of actors isn't really my cup of tea, and I don't know much about Sophie Hunter - but marriage is always a beautiful thing :-)

"It is what it is."

February 16, 2015 12:02 pm  #66

I find it amusing that some people just assume that simply because Ben and Martin work together on Sherlock and ACT as best friends for the show, then they are of course best friends in real life. To me, it seems as though they get on perfectly well and enjoy each other's company when they are working, but outside of the work environment, they don't hang out or mix socially. They aren't "not friends", but they aren't "friends" either. They're just friendly work colleagues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 16, 2015 12:37 pm  #67

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I find it amusing that some people just assume that simply because Ben and Martin work together on Sherlock and ACT as best friends for the show, then they are of course best friends in real life. To me, it seems as though they get on perfectly well and enjoy each other's company when they are working, but outside of the work environment, they don't hang out or mix socially. They aren't "not friends", but they aren't "friends" either. They're just friendly work colleagues.

That assessment seems exactly right to me!

February 16, 2015 1:46 pm  #68

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

This is more or less the same (only in slightly different wording) that Martin has said himself about their relationship. They aren't friends, but they have a friendly, caring and good working relationship when they do work together.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 16, 2015 8:24 pm  #69

Last edited by Ivy (February 16, 2015 8:25 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 16, 2015 8:35 pm  #70

Aaaaawh how sweet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2015 11:56 pm  #71

Sweet and also beautiful...

March 2, 2015 6:30 pm  #72

Speaking of honeymoon (weren't we? Oh, well): Apparently Benedict and Sophie motored up the Coast, went whale watching, and are now in Bora Bora. I know this because of the wonder that is Google alerts, so anyone interested can Google them, but I haven't clicked on any of the 700 links because I sort of feel icky invading their private time. (Yes, I know my looking makes exactly no difference to them as the invasion has already occured, and I make no judgements--but I choose not to look.)

Last edited by REReader (March 2, 2015 6:30 pm)

March 17, 2015 12:50 am  #73

WELL BUTTER ME UP AND CALL ME A BISCUIT!

October 19, 2015 6:44 pm  #74

I wasn't sure where to post this, I think that's funny, especially the comment below the gifs

http://mental-leaps.tumblr.com/post/131482578663/sooner-and-nearer-than-you-think

By the way, do you think it would make sense to open a Ben/Sophie thread, for all the stuff regarding both of them, projects or appearances (official photos of course no pap pics)

----------

October 19, 2015 6:55 pm  #75

I'm sorry, I don't mean this to sound weirdly pervy...especially as I'm certain there's a very prosaic solution:
But I just find it a tad odd that I have never ever seen any comment from Benedict on the fact that he and Sophie had already worked together.
There just seems to be a kind of subtext that they met and fell in love last year...only half of that is true!
But I know it's none  of my business...just ignore my ramblings!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2015 8:51 pm  #76

I never thought about whether that was implied or not.  Honestly I never really felt that that was understood.  Perhaps implied that they only really fell in love relatively recently, but I never felt it was implied that they only met recently.  Probably because the fact that they've worked together before is known by people or can easily be found out (as people on the Internet have already pointed out).

While I've never seen their performances in the gifset posted above, I do find it fun to see the words of that dialogue reflecting on the current situation, even if it means nothing in the context of the actual story.

Clueing for looks.

October 19, 2015 8:54 pm  #77

Yeah I've never seen the Burlesque fairytales...but they look so right together in that gif.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2015 9:19 pm  #78

Quite an interesting short film. You can borrow it online for 24 hours or so. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2015 5:36 am  #79

They spoil us! 

October 20, 2015 7:10 am  #80

@besleybean: but why should he mention it? He barely mentions her, sometimes when he is asked and then he just keeps it short and says how wonderful and talented she is. As long as they don't have an interview together with Oprah and she would (for sure) asked "How did you meet?" there is no reason to give the public the whole story. I wouldn't either.

----------

Board footera