BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2015 1:59 am  #41

Re: Times Talks, Feb. 16, 2015

Lola Red wrote:

I don’t believe centring himself was on the very forefront his mind when he left the interview

I just meant that he was probably trying very hard not to have a public accident! 

I don’t quite understand why the interviewer did not just give him a short time out and let Keira answer a few questions in the meantime, I’ve seen that done before when there was more than one interview partner. He was still quite good natured about it though. But yes, for me this goes right in with “thank you very good much”, which, coincidently, was followed by “I’ll see you in the loo”.

Yes I thought that too... The audience would still have enjoyed listening to more from Keira and it's almost an insult to her that they ended the interview just because Benedict had to go.

Overall, though, again very thoughtful answers. Not too much new stuff, but it was a pleasure to listen to them talk.

I'm still playing catch up for not knowing who Benedict was prior to about three weeks ago, so I can't get enough 

Keira keeps amazing me btw. I always knew she was beautiful, talented and successful (and being a bit narrow minded and hoping that virtues are relatively evenly spread over the whole population I thought that that was pretty much it) but through the recent interviews I have realized that she is also very smart, funny and humble. Not to forget she must have always had a good head on her shoulders to emerge from such early success (I had no idea she was that young in Pirates of the Caribbean) and all its side effects (just appalling what the paparazzi did to her) as a seemingly sane, well put-together person.

She is, very much so. I didn't know about that nightmarish paparazzi stuff either. It's a wonder celebrities don't all run for their lives and stay out of the public eye forever (not that it would be possible).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera