BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2015 8:58 am  #1

Lars Mikkelsen Appreciation Thread

Well, yesterday I watched "Borgen" with hubby, a very recommendable Danish political drama series.. and imagine my squee when suddenly there turns up Lars Mikkelsen, playing a pretty darn attractive economist. His performance was once again great, and made me realize there´s no place to appreciate his talent and gorgeousness yet.. so here it is! 

Yum yum.. 

February 2, 2015 9:34 am  #2

Re: Lars Mikkelsen Appreciation Thread

He is really cool. A while ago I watched a documentary about his brother Mads, but there was a sequence in it where the two of them walk through... was it Kopenhagen?... together. They visited the part of town where they grew up, and both of them were just absolutely cool cats. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 2, 2015 5:36 pm  #3

I like everything about that photo.. I must confess that he was such a convincing creep in Sherlock that I never considered he could look so.. nice.  Now I´m intrigued to watch more of his stuff..

February 2, 2015 6:00 pm  #4

Lars is a very, very handsome man! I've known of him for a while... 

I even saw him live once. He's a true gentleman! (I've told this before... but he refused to start reciting 'Casanova' before he was sure that some of them women, myself included, were okay sitting on the floor in pretty ballgowns)

He's got a great acting talent... he can play nice, cruel and funny and you never doubt his acting. 

And I happen to think he's more handsome than his brother 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 2, 2015 8:22 pm  #5

The brothers definitely share eyes and cheekbones (not literally, obviously, that would be impossible.  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 2, 2015 9:19 pm  #6

There's something quite fascinating about him.

February 3, 2015 10:26 pm  #7

Thought I'd add a few more pics of this man... 

It's so strange how handsome I find him... he looks old enough to be my dad or grandfather... but he's just got a magnetism to him. (and he's such a fine gentleman!) when I saw him live you should have seen the women of all ages... all squirming! 

A younger Lars..

Chrome suits him!

Lars in action... with his wife, actress Anette Støvelbæk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2015 6:38 am  #8

Yes, I wondered about it, too.. and came to the conclusion it´s "something in his eyes" lol. He´s not handsome in the way Benedict is for example, but still.. definitely fascinating! 

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I even saw him live once. He's a true gentleman! (I've told this before... but he refused to start reciting 'Casanova' before he was sure that some of them women, myself included, were okay sitting on the floor in pretty ballgowns)

He's got a great acting talent... he can play nice, cruel and funny and you never doubt his acting. 

And I happen to think he's more handsome than his brother 

Yes, I remember your story.. that was very nice of him! He has such a pleasant voice, listening to him live must have been great! I can imagine all the ladies were smitten.. (Now I kind of want a record of that event, to go with my Benedict-Casanova-audiobook..^^)

I´d love to see him in something funny, do you have recommendations?

And I´m with you about his brother.. 

February 4, 2015 7:14 am  #9

I wish there was a recording of that event... gosh, he has a magnificent voice! And he was so down to earth too... (gosh I sound so in love!)

Grr, I've struggled with finding directly funny stuff with him... but he can do dry comedy quite well as he can be full on creepy. 

This is a short film called 'Spanish Fly' (warning there's an unpleasant scene towards the end) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDI9s9k9tHQ

This is a childrens movie where he plays a librarian... sadly not translated...
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw11se_lars-mikkelsen-in-max-pinlig-3_shortfilms

Not exacly comedy either, but I can recommend him in 'The Truth About Men'(In Danish 'Sandheden om Mænd') and 'The Caretakers Tale' (Viceværten)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2015 8:35 am  #10

Liberty wrote:

There's something quite fascinating about him.

Wow!. That's definitely cool!!!

There will be a new series on German TV in March. I'm really looking forward to it.
http://www.lars-mikkelsen.de/serien/the-team.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 4, 2015 8:49 am  #11

Cool, thanks for the heads up, gently!

February 4, 2015 8:52 am  #12

You're welcome.
The only pity is, I like to hear him speaking English. Won't happen there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

February 4, 2015 12:08 pm  #13

Oh yes, a pity to miss that voice.. but if it´s good we can still get the DVD! 

February 4, 2015 12:46 pm  #14

Yes, but it is a co-production with Denmark I think. To hear his voice ... well, my Danish isn't that good.

(Tony Hadley)

February 4, 2015 2:12 pm  #15

Right.. I automatically assumed it must be in English with so many countries involved.. Stupid, stupid!

February 4, 2015 4:29 pm  #16

Heey, what's wrong with Danish? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2015 5:00 pm  #17

Hm, a whole series without getting one word of it.. I'm afraid I'm not that dedicated..

But I watched an interview with him and his wife in Danish, it sounds really fab! 

February 4, 2015 5:27 pm  #18

I can't blame you! I'd get bored too, even with subtitles

In a way I think his voice is a bit different in Danish... can't decide which I prefer though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2015 7:07 pm  #19

I think it's so funny that he speaks English with a Cockney accent! 

February 4, 2015 7:21 pm  #20

Liberty wrote:

I think it's so funny that he speaks English with a Cockney accent! 

Cockney? 

(pictures Lars´ CAM as some kind of male Elisa Doolitle....)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera