BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2015 9:36 pm  #1581

Re: Mary – the subject of discussion

Oh, the flash drive. I didn't understand the word "the drives". 

Hm, now that IS interesting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 19, 2015 9:38 pm  #1582

Sorry for not making it clear. Yes, it is interesting. Here is one meta, I am sure there are others. The pics of the flash drives are at the end:

http://wellthengameover.tumblr.com/post/97682234962/john-read-the-flash-drive

Last edited by SusiGo (August 19, 2015 9:40 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 19, 2015 9:43 pm  #1583

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry for not making it clear. Yes, it is interesting. Here is one meta, I am sure there are others. The pics of the flash drives are at the end:

I like this one, quite plausible, and infinitely more preferable! :-D

August 19, 2015 9:51 pm  #1584

Thanks for the link.

It seems the inconsistency in the drive is from one shot to the next in the same scene. That would mean that John would have to show Mary the right one, and then through some sleught-of-hand, throw a fake one in the fire. It would be much easier to just show her a fake one to begin with. So this seems to me to be a continutiy error from the prop dept.

However, the rest of the meta is quite interesting, and raises several good points about John. Reading that meta just makes me even more intrigued about John, he is such an incredibly interesting and complicated character. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 20, 2015 4:12 am  #1585

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I like this one, quite plausible, and infinitely more preferable! :-D

Great link. Makes me think I should read the M-theory once more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 24, 2015 11:46 pm  #1586

So, err... did anyone notice that on Twitter, Amanda Abbington said that, " Mary is a psychopath." ?

It's there, on her Twitter page, and Tumblr just ...erupted.

August 25, 2015 4:12 am  #1587

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

So, err... did anyone notice that on Twitter, Amanda Abbington said that, " Mary is a psychopath." ?

I didn't, so thanks for sharing. For once, I fully agree with AA.
Did she comment any further on it, like "It was a joke" or something?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 25, 2015 4:16 am  #1588

Schmiezi wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

I didn't, so thanks for sharing. For once, I fully agree with AA.
Did she comment any further on it, like "It was a joke" or something?

Nope-- only that she loves the boys and can't wait for s4! And, actually she said "Mary is a F-----g psychopath" so, go figure!

Last edited by RavenMorganLeigh (August 25, 2015 4:17 am)

August 25, 2015 4:42 am  #1589

Actually, I don't really need a label for Mary. Calling her a psychopath seems to make sense. Nevertheless, I know and will never forget what she did in HLV anyway and yes, people tend to interpret her actions differently, but for me what CAM said about her nails it: She's a bad, bad girl. Somehow calling her a psychopath insinuates (for me) that she didn't have any other choice because, hell, that's what psychopaths do, isn't it? I'd like to believe that she did have another choice, but that she consciously decided to do what she did. As Mary, not as a psychopath.

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 25, 2015 4:43 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 25, 2015 4:50 am  #1590

Well, CAM did refer to her and John as "Mrs. and Mr. Psychopath. And I think he did that in the way guys will refer to men they are trying to say are henpecked, or "whipped" or whatever....so maybe he was talking about Mary? 

August 25, 2015 4:54 am  #1591

Well, Mary definitely is more of a psychopath to me than John, I'll grant you that.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 25, 2015 5:05 am  #1592

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, Mary definitely is more of a psychopath to me than John, I'll grant you that.

Totally! 

August 25, 2015 6:32 am  #1593

Oh wow...
For the first time I agree with TWO things Amanda says...
About her character AND about love for the boys..
My day can't get any better...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 25, 2015 6:53 am  #1594

Very happy to hear that. And I really hope she means psychopath in the true sense of the word and not in the careless way show usually throws about labels like "sociopath" and "psychopath". 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2015 7:01 am  #1595

Very interesting news.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 25, 2015 7:06 am  #1596

Well, she IS a bit careless in her twitter from time to time... Apart from her battle against tortured animals that is.

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 25, 2015 7:59 am  #1597

August 25, 2015 8:01 am  #1598

August 25, 2015 8:03 am  #1599

Well, Mary´s actions always spoke for themselves, I think... really no surprise there.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 25, 2015 8:03 am  #1600

Ah, well,...
That is just along the well known lines of "Oh, how well she fits into this world, how cool, such parents for a child..." and stuff...

Board footera