BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2012 7:05 am  #21

Re: So what would YOU give Sherlock for Christmas?

Any book by Christopher Hitchens, but probably his autobiography.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 7:17 am  #22

Great choice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 9, 2012 7:19 am  #23

Still can't look at pix of him without crying, I miss him so much it hurts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 4:51 pm  #24

tobeornot221b wrote:

horserider99 wrote:

I'd give him a book in ancient Hebrew to decipher.

Ancient Hebrew isn't that difficult to decipher - I learnt it within a few weeks.
Considering that even an ancient Chinese dialect wasn't a big problem for Sherlock you would have to choose something more complicated than this to please him...

You must be a genius then, because I'm trying to learn the current Hebrew and I still can't figure it out. >_<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 9, 2012 6:11 pm  #25

Violet Hunter wrote:

A Pocket Knife?
But in England these days that would be not a good idea, my relatives there cold not laugh when I showed mine.

No, a Pocket Irene.

October 9, 2012 6:26 pm  #26

I would give him a nice task he can deal with until next Christmas: "Find the squaring of the circle." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 23, 2013 2:46 pm  #27

Am I the only one who, whenever I get to that scene, I have to pause due to the awkwardness of it? It's litterally too much awkwardness for me to bear.

Having said that, I would buy him a fridge.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

February 23, 2013 2:47 pm  #28

He's got one of those!
But yeah I agree, very awkward all round!
I would give him a book by Christopher Hitchens.

February 23, 2013 3:00 pm  #29

A Pocket John, of course. Oh wait, what about red pants. He'll love it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 23, 2013 4:31 pm  #30

besleybean wrote:

He's got one of those!
But yeah I agree, very awkward all round!
I would give him a book by Christopher Hitchens.

I would have thought people on a Sherlock fansite would be more... perceptive. Of course he's got one. In which he constantly stashes severed body parts of deceased people along with edible stuff. John and Mrs. Hudson would be very thankful for two fridges don't you think? One for Sherlock's experimants and one for food. 

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

February 23, 2013 4:32 pm  #31

Well Mrs H has her own fridge, but I guess we could ask John!

February 23, 2013 4:35 pm  #32

Yeah, but she does the shopping for the boys. And cleaning. She uses their fridge quite a lot. 

May 27, 2013 12:49 am  #33

Well, I dressed as Christmas Glamour Fail Molly for a Halloween party, and my present contained a gruesomely realistic latex replica of a human heart (which I had lots of fun showing off to unsuspecting partygoers who asked "What's in the box?").  After all, what more symbolic gift could a socially awkward pathologist bestow? :D  Only hers would be the real thing, of course, on account of her morgue access.

Anna M.C.

---------------------------------------------------------

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

May 27, 2013 6:07 am  #34

I'd like to give hm a book to add to his collection.

May 27, 2013 7:03 am  #35

I'd like to give him me....but I'd also need to drug him first to get my wicked way with him x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

May 27, 2013 7:10 am  #36

No ruffies on this forum!    

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2013 7:23 am  #37

I'd like to give him a really nice set of Tupperware boxes for his body parts. Complete with little stickers which of course he's never going to use. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2013 3:29 pm  #38

Some shirts in various shades of purple. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 4:47 pm  #39

THIS!

And then I'd just wait for him to yell at me

Just like old times...

May 27, 2013 5:54 pm  #40

LOL, lovely and probably wasted 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera