BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2012 7:15 am  #1

So what would YOU give Sherlock for Christmas?

Well he cannot be the easiest person to buy a present for can he! I wonder what the present that Molly bought him actually was?

So...what present would you buy Sherlock for Christmas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 3, 2012 10:13 am  #2

Re: So what would YOU give Sherlock for Christmas?

Body parts? Lab equipment? A very tight shirt?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 3, 2012 11:06 am  #3

Very difficult to buy for! For a start off he'd just shake the present and know instantly what it was....maybe a reference book of some kind, or a new scarf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 3, 2012 11:38 am  #4

I think I would get him some new, high quality Pirastro Oliv gut-core strings and some professional grade rosin for his violin.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 3, 2012 12:01 pm  #5

a pair of new sock?

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

May 3, 2012 2:02 pm  #6

Ha! Good one! That will make him reorganise his index!

May 7, 2012 11:05 pm  #7

I'd get him the 2-DVD set of the Star Trek movie (2009) with loads of commentaries and extras.

or a book on bee keeping.

May 8, 2012 6:56 am  #8

LOL. I love the way he has a sock index. I can barely even find two socks that match, an index seems like quite a good idea, if a little geeky.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 8, 2012 11:56 pm  #9

David Tennant has a solution for sock problems...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 26, 2012 2:40 pm  #10

A Pocket Knife?
But in England these days that would be not a good idea, my relatives there cold not laugh when I showed mine.

May 27, 2012 3:41 pm  #11

As a fellow string player I would probably buy him a really comfortable shoulder rest. Nothing is worse than one that doesn't feel right.

Thinking about Molly, I bet she probably got him some cute novelty item, like maybe a deerstalker or a teapot (or a deerstalker tea cozy!). Or a scarf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 27, 2012 6:49 pm  #12

I agree with the scarf idea. Maybe one she knitted herself?

(happy

May 27, 2012 6:54 pm  #13

Pretty sure the Moff said it was cocaine during one of those typathon session he did last week.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 27, 2012 8:25 pm  #14

A different kind of snow at Christmas!

May 27, 2012 9:24 pm  #15

As a fellow Brit I'm sure you'll understand:

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 28, 2012 9:47 am  #16

Sniff! Sniff!

October 6, 2012 8:05 am  #17

Nothing, I don't do Christmas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 4:02 am  #18

I'd give him a book in ancient Hebrew to decipher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 9, 2012 4:14 am  #19

horserider99 wrote:

I'd give him a book in ancient Hebrew to decipher.

Ancient Hebrew isn't that difficult to decipher - I learnt it within a few weeks.
Considering that even an ancient Chinese dialect wasn't a big problem for Sherlock you would have to choose something more complicated than this to please him...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 9, 2012 5:10 am  #20

Medieval hebrew handwritings with all the abbreviations with hidden meanings might do.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera