BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2014 10:31 pm  #1

The year is almost over... How did you spend it? What was the highlights, will this be a year you will miss or will you be glad it is over already?
And what about hopes for 2015?

I will go first...

I have already mentioned somewhere that my New Years resolution was to say Yes to everything and take some chances... I have always held myself back in fear of messing up. 

The year started with getting a job interview as a volunteer Delegation Host for Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen... after having written a crappy application in the middle of the night thinking I would never get the job anyway. I almost declined the interview... but I bit my lip and went... I was very insecure at the interview but turns out I actually got the job! 

First 5 months was spent traveling to copenhagen for training, getting an insight in the show I had been a fan of for so many years (and when I was 10 I declared to my mum that the next time the show was in our country I was going to work there...) And when the show was finally in town I made a lot of friends and had a blast, it was hard work... 16 hours of shifts sometimes (oficially my shifts were only 8 hours) for 2 weeks and an hour by train there and back again... But I got the experience of a lifetime! 

a week after the Eurovision madness was over the hospital where I finished my education as a healthcare service secretary offered me a position for 9 months... the first 3 unpaid and still getting paid my benefits... 

I also met a man earlier in the year... he turned out to be a master who turned me into his slave and well... it wasn't healthy at all. He got me into a lot of stuff and it was just about to break me in august when I met my guy who finally gave me the strength to leave the master. 

It's been a roller coaster with my guy... mostly because I am deeply in love, and I think I will love him for the rest of my life... but he's a broken man and he needs a lot of repairing and time before he is ready to love a woman again (he keeps telling me that when he is; I am the woman he wants...) but honestly... I have my doubts. But he's amazing to know and he can always make me so happy. He knows exactly what to say. I mean when do you meet a man who tells you "I love your brain"

This was also the year when my back got to be a complete mess. I have had chronic pains since the end of January (and my doctor still isn't really doing anything other than giving me the same meds that don't work)
I found an amazing way to deal with the pain though... because in January I decided to finally break my 'rule' of not watching this one TV show with this dazzling handsome young detective because I knew just from watching a trailer with him going 'Laters..' I could get so addicted. 
I think I saw the episodes a million times... especially before I got my pain relief. 
And a few months in I fell in love with this handsome actor playing said detective. 

Oh. and in August I managed to fulfill my dream, I got tickets to see Benedict in Hamlet in London! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 29, 2014 10:32 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera