BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2014 7:30 pm  #1

Hello!

Hi,

I'm Katherine. I live in Ilkley, West Yorkshire AKA Up t'North, though I don't have the typical Yorkshire accent (tragically or thankfully, depending on your POV).

I've been in the SH fandom since series 1, though my base has been my deserted tumblr (gymkirk.tumblr.com).

I'm here as a observer, really; any attempts at fanfic on my part have remained unfinished or wholly shit-tastic. Additionally, any character analysis I provide usually gets shot down within minutes of posting, (more often than not, it's being shot down by me) so I apologise if I appear as a recluse.
That being said, however, I am okay at editing so if you want a fic beta, I'll be happy to help!
I'm also open for "Brit-pick" requests- a term I absolutely adore- and will tell you straight if you've overused the term "loo" or accidently made someone's diet purely Earl Grey tea. 

Look forward to being on the forum!

Last edited by endine (December 28, 2014 7:36 pm)

December 28, 2014 7:52 pm  #2

Re: Hello!

Hi Katherine, I'm Kate and I live in Guiesley (15 mins away from Ilkley)! I'm always shopping in Ilkley. I became a fan of BBC's Sherlock in September 2013 and I've been hooked ever since. Have fun! 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 28, 2014 8:18 pm  #3

Welcome to the forum!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2014 8:32 pm  #4

Hi, warm welcome! 

You may also repeat your offer here:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3541

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 28, 2014 8:36 pm  #5

Welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 28, 2014 8:39 pm  #6

Bronte89 wrote:

Hi Katherine, I'm Kate and I live in Guiesley (15 mins away from Ilkley)! I'm always shopping in Ilkley. I became a fan of BBC's Sherlock in September 2013 and I've been hooked ever since. Have fun! 

No way, that's such a coincidence! I'm guessing you go to Thought Bubble then?

December 28, 2014 10:38 pm  #7

endine wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

Sorry, what's Thought Bubble? Are you in love with BC like me?

Last edited by Bronte89 (December 28, 2014 10:41 pm)

December 28, 2014 10:58 pm  #8

Bronte89 wrote:

endine wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

It's this comic con held in Leeds every November. I'm not one for comics but a lot of visitors come and cosplay and it's fun to people watch, you should defintely check it out! it's held in the Royal Armouries/around there.
Oh gosh who isn't  Like many, at first I respected him only for his stellar acting and performance, but then an even greater admiration of his looks and general persona grew *sighs wistfully*. How about you, immediate attraction or gradual?

December 29, 2014 7:07 pm  #9

endine wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

endine wrote:

It's this comic con held in Leeds every November. I'm not one for comics but a lot of visitors come and cosplay and it's fun to people watch, you should defintely check it out! it's held in the Royal Armouries/around there.
Oh gosh who isn't  Like many, at first I respected him only for his stellar acting and performance, but then an even greater admiration of his looks and general persona grew *sighs wistfully*. How about you, immediate attraction or gradual?

I've never heard of the comic con in Leeds, before but thanks for letting me know. I'll look out for it next November.
Before I'd watched Ben in Sherlock, I'd only seen him in Atonement and Small Island. I thought he was a good actor but I didn't know his name or anything about him. Then one day in 2013, I watched Sherlock Series 1 and thought, "Wow that man is gorgeous! Who is he?" After A Study In Pink, I was in love! I suppose it was a immedate attraction after 2013.

Board footera