BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2014 10:10 pm  #1

John or Sherlock

Who do you prefer?

Sherlock or John

Could be dangerous.

December 22, 2014 10:12 pm  #2

Re: John or Sherlock

Can´t choose - I like both equally.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 22, 2014 10:20 pm  #3

I want to be in a sanwhich between them.  

..............and speaking of unwritten fan fiction ideas. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 22, 2014 10:21 pm  #4

It is hard to choose because they are such brilliant characters which are played fantastically.

Could be dangerous.

December 22, 2014 10:36 pm  #5

chloejellybean5 wrote:

It is hard to choose because they are such brilliant characters which are played fantastically.

Not to mention they are both dead sexy.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 22, 2014 11:29 pm  #6

tonnaree wrote:

I want to be in a sanwhich between them.  

..............and speaking of unwritten fan fiction ideas. 

Write it, Tonnaree!!

December 22, 2014 11:53 pm  #7

I immediately chose Sherlock (because I just can't imagine voting against him and BC is so much of a favourite of mine!!) but I have to be honest when I clicked on the button to view the voting it broke my heart to see that no one had voted for John...  

I really felt like trying to vote again!  I do adore John.  He is such an important part of Sherlock and the two of them are more like "one" entity rather than competing elements.  It's almost unfair to have to make a choice!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 23, 2014 5:51 am  #8

Ah-chie wrote:

I immediately chose Sherlock (because I just can't imagine voting against him and BC is so much of a favourite of mine!!) but I have to be honest when I clicked on the button to view the voting it broke my heart to see that no one had voted for John...  

I really felt like trying to vote again!  I do adore John.  He is such an important part of Sherlock and the two of them are more like "one" entity rather than competing elements.  It's almost unfair to have to make a choice!

-Val

And that made me vote for John Watson. 

Sherlock wouldn't be anything without John - and vice versa. I love them equally.

When I started watching BBC Sherlock, I admit I saw only Benedict. He eclipsed the entire show, and I couldn't really see anything else. But after a couple of episodes, I saw this awesome Dr. Watson on the screen. And these days, I watch the show just as much for Martin as I do for Benedict. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 7:23 am  #9

I remain both a Benedict and Sherlock fan,....but John is a good character and Martin plays him masterfully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 23, 2014 7:52 am  #10

I choose Sherlock, although he is not thinkable without Watson.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

December 23, 2014 8:24 am  #11

I don't vote. They belong together. Though Sherlock and Benedict is my ultimate fave there is no way to decide one against.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 23, 2014 12:07 pm  #12

I"m with you gently.  You can't make me choose!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 23, 2014 12:09 pm  #13

gently69 wrote:

I don't vote. They belong together. Though Sherlock and Benedict is my ultimate fave there is no way to decide one against.

Brilliantly put.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 23, 2014 12:27 pm  #14

I applied the philosophy "What Would Sherlock Do?" and then voted for John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 23, 2014 12:42 pm  #15

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I applied the philosophy "What Would Sherlock Do?" and then voted for John.

Aw, this made my day. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 2:36 pm  #16

I found a way to ease my guilty conscience (for not voting for John) - I voted for him on my iPad (registered in my hubby's name).

It was just tearing me up a bit, sort of like a "Sophie's Choice" sort of thing.

I think both the "boys" are just so brilliant!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 31, 2014 1:43 pm  #17

difficult choice ! Sherlock is very intelligent but he is not a robot because he has feelings for Irene ; he takes care of his friends (John,Molly,Mrs Hudson and Lestrade !)
John lives more in the real world !  as he says, no one would know them if he doesn't write his blog! he takes care of Sherlock too  even if sometimes he is late in Sherlock's deductions !
I don't choose for the moment

January 1, 2015 9:59 pm  #18

I think it is hard to choose as they are one of the most well known pairs, with out the other person, they would be nothing. They are both halves which make a well known whole.
They are inseparable, no matter how much they argue.

Could be dangerous.

January 1, 2015 10:36 pm  #19

When I was reading the ACD stories as a child, I always wanted to be Watson, so I could hang around with Holmes. How could I possibly choose one of the two?

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

Board footera