BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2012 4:50 am  #141

Re: Go on then...what are your theories?

Ahhh, the fake Sherlock who put on the similar coat probably didn't know that Sherlock always put his collar up. Clever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 28, 2012 4:52 am  #142

Yeah, and it is simple; no need for elaborate masks at all.

Always apply the KISS theory!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 28, 2012 11:37 am  #143

It's a theory, a decent one too.

Just be prepared to apply the GIGO process if it turns out fruitless Kazza ;)

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 28, 2012 12:54 pm  #144

Lol, what's GIGO?

March 28, 2012 12:57 pm  #145

"Garbage in, garbage out".

I always use it when people try to apply "Keep it simple stupid" in matters where it could indeed be complex set of simple issues.

Especially during a guessing game with the likes of Moffat and Gatiss at the wheel 

-m0r

March 29, 2012 9:27 pm  #146

Some time ago I said I was going to post some screen grabs of the handshake, I know it's been a while, but I didn't really have the time to do it. So, now I was trying and I seem to be unable to make a decent screen grab through Windows Media Player. So I just printed the screen. And here you have two pics from that moment... I still can't see that object that sherlocked was mentioning (I think it was you?). Anyway, if someone knows of a better way of making this kind of screen grabs please tell me and I will do it. My DVDs are bought from Amazon.uk, so they come directly from BBC (I suppose)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 29, 2012 11:12 pm  #147

Irene, those screen grabs are great; and they show exactly the little hooked metallic object, I tried to describe all the time.I just can't understand, why so many people can't see it. In the first picture it kind of looks like a white or metallic tube. In the second picture it has turned a bit and you see the tiny hooked tip sitting on Sherlock's second smallest finger. It can't be a ray of light between fingers because his fingers and finger tips are closed and the object covers the finger just a bit. Also the bright area is too wide and too defined for it beeing just a ray of light .My husband says, it looks like a tiny metal utility tool, key tip , clasp... whatever. Anyway I found a video I'm going to post, where you can see this thing turn and glitter a bit, when the hands of Jim and Sherlock move.
But thanks for posting the grabs again. I'm not going to say anything more about it, because everybody can see and decide for himself. Also I don't have a really bright idea, what it is and if it's relevant at all; I'm just sure it's there.

March 29, 2012 11:29 pm  #148

LOL, I still can't see it. I must just be half blind or something.

March 29, 2012 11:34 pm  #149

I'm waiting for the video. I can't see it either.

-m0r

March 29, 2012 11:56 pm  #150

http://ourfinalproblem.tumblr.com/post/16092008479/inevitable-destruction-thank-you-sherlock

As I said, I'm not going to comment anymore, lol! We just have to wait patiently for season 3!   
Good night, here it's two o'clock in the morning!   

Last edited by sherlocked (March 29, 2012 11:57 pm)

March 30, 2012 2:00 am  #151

Okay I can see it. What you're seeing is the negative space between Benedict's ring and pinky finger. There's not an object. It's the background behind them. The first time I saw screen grabs from this I initially thought there was something there but there's not. Look again. It's negative space

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 30, 2012 4:50 am  #152

Yes Wholocked, the whole time this theory has been posted, I knew that the space between the fingers was what they were referring to.
Yes, the fingertips appear to be almost touching, but that is not the case. In the first pic, the small finger is slightly behind the others, a natural movement; the smallest finger has not moved as fast as the other into the grip.
Look at a normal man's hand, the fingertips of the smallest finger and the one beside it (ring finger) are never going to touch at the fingertips without there being a bend at a different degree to the others hence forming a gap between the fingers.

People are saying the gap (as I call it) is a different colour to the rest of the background. Yes it will appear different, the hands are between the two men, and therefore in shade and in the background you can see in teh second pic, a building sloping upwards just where Sherlock's sleeve ends. That is contributing to the dark appearance of the 'gap' area.

People are seeing what they want to see regardless of natural human anatomy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 30, 2012 5:53 am  #153

kazza474 wrote:

Yes Wholocked, the whole time this theory has been posted, I knew that the space between the fingers was what they were referring to.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but it does make one wonder why you didn't simply answer the question if you "knew all along"?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 30, 2012 5:57 am  #154

I am quite sure I tried to explain several times but any explanation has been dismissed.
The series of screenshots I posted took a lot of time & effort on my part I assure you. I was as thorough at trying to explain it as I could be. So I've now posted a pic with the area pinpointed and the explanation to go with it.
This is my last post on this, it has always been a non-event to me.

Last edited by kazza474 (March 30, 2012 5:59 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 30, 2012 9:50 am  #155

Pity, I was really wanting to see something, I was convinced Sherlock wanted to give Moriarty his little camera back. But I can't see anything and I didn't know you could be refering to the space between fingers.

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 30, 2012 10:34 am  #156

I've often wondered what happened to the little camera...probably nothing of course.

March 30, 2012 10:39 am  #157

It might have been Mycroft's or the CIAs little camera. Still looks like space between fingers to me. Have been holding mine up in the same position and there's a gap.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 30, 2012 10:52 am  #158

Yes, I don't see anything but a gap between fingers. But I still wonder if Sherlock wanted to give Jim the camera back. I don't buy it was the code (how can you give back something you have in your head?)

April 6, 2012 1:02 am  #159

OK, so tonight I watched this ep with my husband who was watching it for the first time, and afterwards we spent about 2 hours discussing theories and researching chemical symbols on the internet, it was SOOO much fun. Also, I was really interested to hear his theories because it's always good to get a fresh opinion from someone who's not completely entrenched in the Sherlock world...but basically, we both thought exactly the same thing which was cool...

Little Girl Screaming = Mercury poisoning made her confused & shown pictures of Sherlock

Actual Fall = landing on some kind of net surrounded by assistants from Homeless Network. Splash fake blood on. John knocked off bike on purpose, disorientated, not allowed to take Sherlock's pulse properly. Sherlock taken away, Molly arranges autopsy results/dead body for coffin etc.

One of the interesting aspects we discussed was the fact that the assasin at the hospital must have had his view blocked too, otherwise he would have seen the faking going on. So was he just relying on the sight of Sherlock falling? Would he just presume that no one could survive the fall? And he wouldn't even consider it could be faked? We discussed the phone call, Sherlock's "note", and I've always thought it was a little weird that he was so emotional over the phone and telling John that he was a fake and that he should tell everyone...it always seems to me like he thought someone might be listening. If Moriarty had his apartment bugged with a camera why not tap his phone too? Or why not have cameras and microphones hidden somewhere on the rooftop?

Also, it still just strikes me as a little odd that Sherlock should drop his phone...I know that a "dead" man doesn't need a phone but I just can't get it out of my head...like there's something else about that bit...something on the phone that's of importance, and maybe he's arranged for Molly to collect it for him afterwards because he doesn't want it to get damaged at all in the fall.

AND WHAT HAPPENED TO JIM'S BODY??! His death isn't reported so they obviously didn't find a body.

April 6, 2012 6:47 am  #160

I've really enjoyed all the theorising, but I've noticed that a lot of people are starting to over-analyse things that were probably just script or directorial decisions and aren't necessarily a part of the whole thing. But then knowing Moftiss maybe they are. So I've pretty much decided to enjoy other people's theories and just wait and see. But it's such a looooooooong wait!!!!

Board footera