BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2013 12:41 am  #781

Re: Go on then...what are your theories?

Sherlockian Always wrote:

Ok so what's with the crown inside Moriarty's teacup? I noticed that none of the other cups had it. Random coincidence? Poison? What do you guys think?

Sherlock's kitchen is apparently stocked with mismatched cups and saucers, and M got the crown one. Maybe the writers being clever and alluding back to when he broke into the Tower and put on the crown and robe and held the scepter and orb of The Crown?  "And honey, you should see me in a crown."

June 8, 2013 7:25 am  #782

No I think it's a proper tea set.
It has the Brirish Isles on the outside and rhe crown on the insideI

Last edited by besleybean (June 8, 2013 7:56 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 8, 2013 7:33 am  #783

besleybean wrote:

ot has the Brirish Isles on the outside and rhe crown on the insideI

...which - I think - Sherlock borrowed from Mrs Hudson:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2013 1:52 pm  #784

besleybean wrote:

But only one cup has the crown...
If it's a set shouldn't all the cups have one?

"In a world filled with locked doors, the man with the key is king, and honey, you should see me in a crown."

"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I, except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels."

"You're insane."
"You're just getting that now?"

"We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us." 

June 8, 2013 1:54 pm  #785

besleybean wrote:

Not necessarily. There's only one Queen, after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2013 2:05 pm  #786

We only see inside Moriarty's cup!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 8, 2013 2:13 pm  #787

tobeornot221b wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Not necessarily. There's only one Queen, after all.

Oh, Mycroft has been there too?!

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 8, 2013 2:14 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 8, 2013 2:16 pm  #788

Here's Sherlock preparing tea:

There's only one cup with a crown in it.

And here's the link to the site you can order this tea set from:

http://www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk/ali-miller-uk--ireland-map---home-sweet-home-teacup-and-saucer-5872-p.asp

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 8, 2013 2:17 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2013 2:18 pm  #789

Ah....so it must be the theory about the 1 crown and Moriarty is king.

Last edited by besleybean (June 8, 2013 6:28 pm)

June 8, 2013 6:25 pm  #790

But only one cup has the crown... If it's a set shouldn't all the cups have one?

Used to be a set, before Sherlock broke all the others using them for his experiments or from his sloppy dishwashing techniques. Now he only has one left. And the writers decided M should have it.

June 8, 2013 6:27 pm  #791

besleybean wrote:

Ah....so it must be the theory aboit the 1 crown and Moriarty is king.

Or queen, either one.

lol Thinking of Sherlock at the microscope, the first time he meets M, saying, "Gay," out of the corner of his mouth as he looked M up and down. lol again.

June 8, 2013 6:30 pm  #792

This is OT. But what I like best about that scene is Sherlock's face when he sees Jim has left him his phone number.
It's a real:  'I can't believe it, this guy is coming on to me' face.

Last edited by besleybean (June 8, 2013 6:36 pm)

June 8, 2013 6:35 pm  #793

besleybean wrote:

This is OT. But what I like best about that scene is Sherlock's face when he sees Jim has left him his phone numebr.
It's a real:  'I can't believe it, this guy is coming on to me' face.

That whole scene was magnificently written and acted. All of those actors are so talented, unbelievable.

June 12, 2013 2:00 pm  #794

Hi!  New here, but I thought I would post some thoughts:

1. Sherlock knows that Moriarty wants him to kill himself right after he walks out of Kitty's apartments (remember, he said "The only think left is for me to-" and he leaves to see Molly- where he says "I think I'm going to die."  So he knows.  He also knows that Moriarty can't be alive to see him jump (because then Moriarty would know he faked it just by looking down), so he says something to him (I think it has something to do with "one second") to make Moriarty think that his only chance of winning the game is killing himself.  It could have something to do with Bach, the way Sherlock sing songs "If I've got you", and with Moriarty's fairy tale riddle overall.

2. There are three IOUs- one in the flat (John), one outside 221 Baker Street (Mrs. Hudson), one across from Scotland Yard (Lestrade).

3. Sherlock was filming the conversation on the roof- he has the wireless camera from his flat, and it would be the only way to prove his innoncence when he came back.  He gets Moriarty to admit to his crimes and to setting Sherlock up.  I think Sherlock makes the call to John to "tell him" that he is faking his death.  "It's a trick, just a magic trick" and to also make sure that John was in the right position and watching him the whole time (just like a magician).

4. There's a mark right where Sherlock steps onto the ledge.  He survives because everybody on the ground are working for him.  Another body dressed as him has been pulled out and put into position.  Sherlock jumps, falls onto the airbag, and he and the people with the airbag run off to the opposite side of the small building that John is running around the other side of.  This gives Sherlock a few seconds to "get ready" with the blood and the ball in his armpit.  John only sees the body on the ground for a moment before he is knocked over by the bike.  In that split second, Sherlock runs and takes his position on the ground the other body is dragged away.  The "crowd" also starts gathering around him, and John gets up dazed.  The "doctor" taking Sherlock's carotid pulse is just acting to keep John from taking the carotid pulse- John has to take Sherlock's radial pulse instead, which has been masked by the squash ball in his armpit (magician's trick).  When Sherlock is taken inside, Molly takes care of everything inside the hospital.

5. I think Sherlock dropped his phone on the roof so that he could get it later and to keep it from getting broken in the fall- it may have the conversation with Moriarty on it, or it might have something important on it.  I don't think that Moriarty is alive, because 1. I don't think he would fake it, 2. I don't see how he could fake it in front of Sherlock, 3. Sherlock will be going back to the roof to get his phone- plus anything else that would give away what really happened.

I'm still a little confused about the kidnappers, why the girl screamed and who those assassins REALLY are (because Mycroft's explanation doesn't make complete sense).  I also want to know what Mycroft's involvement is, because he knows more than he says.

Last edited by sj4iy (June 12, 2013 2:13 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 12, 2013 3:35 pm  #795

I'm a bit puzzled by no 1, otherwise, I'm with you!

June 12, 2013 3:58 pm  #796

besleybean wrote:

I'm a bit puzzled by no 1, otherwise, I'm with you!

I think that Sherlock has figured out Moriarty's puzzle- and I think it has something to do with Bach and his music.  Sherlock sings "If I've got you", and it sounds a lot like he's singing it in the Bach motif (B flat, A, C, B natural).  Moriarty looks surprised when he does this.  Sherlock then starts talking about the angels, which there could be a connection to, but I can't figure it out...but then he emphasizes "One Second" when he's talking to Moriarty- which seems to convince Moriarty that Sherlock was playing him all along.  What if the Moriarty's riddle was the recall code and Sherlock had figured it out?

Obviously, these are all shots in the dark, but I can't stand it that I'm missing something that makes Moriarty decide that Sherlock has beaten him.  I don't think that Moriarty would be afraid of torture or death...because he's already been tortured and he wants to die.  The only thing that matters to Moriarty is beating Sherlock...and he kills himself to keep Sherlock from doing that.

Last edited by sj4iy (June 12, 2013 3:59 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

June 12, 2013 4:07 pm  #797

Possibly Moriarty just realises that if he's alive, somebody could make him reveal the recall code...so he'd rather kill himself.

June 12, 2013 4:51 pm  #798

Could be that, too.  Of course, I think Moriarty was suicidal anyway, since he said his problem was "Staying Alive" without anyone who equaled him.  If Sherlock had jumped while Moriarty was alive, I'm pretty sure he would have killed himself anyway.  So to keep Sherlock from making him say the recall code, he had to kill himself to force Sherlock to jump.  Torture or arrest wouldn't make him do it...so the only thing left is that Sherlock could somehow beat his game.  But how could Sherlock force Moriarty to give the recall code?  That's the mystery and the thing that I think everyone has missed.

June 12, 2013 5:59 pm  #799

Tho possibly Moriarty preferred the option of suicide to that of torture!

June 13, 2013 8:22 am  #800

sj4iy wrote:

Could be that, too.  Of course, I think Moriarty was suicidal anyway, since he said his problem was "Staying Alive" without anyone who equaled him.  If Sherlock had jumped while Moriarty was alive, I'm pretty sure he would have killed himself anyway.  So to keep Sherlock from making him say the recall code, he had to kill himself to force Sherlock to jump.  Torture or arrest wouldn't make him do it...so the only thing left is that Sherlock could somehow beat his game.  But how could Sherlock force Moriarty to give the recall code?  That's the mystery and the thing that I think everyone has missed.

Every person has a pressure point.

Board footera