BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2013 6:18 pm  #761

Re: Go on then...what are your theories?

Schmiezi wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Ern...Sherlock has to ' commit suicide', to save his friends.

Yeah, but he didn't know that his friends were in potential danger before he had the chat with Moriarty on the roof.

Are you sure? I think it's safe to say that Sherlock has considered everything Moriarty could possibly use against him long before meeting him on the rooftop. He must have realised that his few friends were high on top of that list.

Pretty much this ^, knowing Sherlock, he would've at least known (or suspected) something...he might not have known everything, but I believe he must've known that his friends would somehow be in danger and prepared for that possibility, also knowing his own life could potentially be at risk from Moriarty as well. Still, knowing Sherlock, he probably knew a lot more than he let on in the show.

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (May 24, 2013 6:19 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

May 24, 2013 6:24 pm  #762

Neeahhhh that's all too high for me.  *I said high* *sobs*
I can't think properly at the moment, just saw Ben on big screen again.
Yes, he had to consider it, but still, may I remember that Sherlock chosed to 'commit suicide' first? Another possibility was not to meet with Moriarty and prove the world otherwise that he wasn't a fraud without putting his friend's and his own life into danger. And then get rid of Moriarty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 4:09 pm  #763

I was just thinking....
I can't help but feel as if the fact that Moriarty wrote IOU on the apple is important. 
Since he is into the whole "fairytale" thing, I was thinking that perhaps it relates to Snow White in some way.
Completely far-fetched?
-JM

"In a world filled with locked doors, the man with the key is king, and honey, you should see me in a crown."

"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I, except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels."

"You're insane."
"You're just getting that now?"

"We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us." 

May 26, 2013 4:17 pm  #764

Sherlockian Always wrote:

I was just thinking....
I can't help but feel as if the fact that Moriarty wrote IOU on the apple is important. 
Since he is into the whole "fairytale" thing, I was thinking that perhaps it relates to Snow White in some way.
Completely far-fetched?
-JM

However, the possibility that there's another fairytale involved is not too far-fetched in my opinion. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 10:20 pm  #765

Fellow Sherlockians, look what I found!!!!! The theories presented about IOU are entirely plausible. It's amazing!
http://eva-christine.tumblr.com/post/27733467733/iou-explanation-53-8-92-grimms-fairy-tales-cipher

-JM

"In a world filled with locked doors, the man with the key is king, and honey, you should see me in a crown."

"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I, except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels."

"You're insane."

"We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us." 

May 29, 2013 7:10 pm  #766

Fellow Sherlockians, look what I found!!!!! The theories presented about IOU are entirely plausible. It's amazing!
http://eva-christine.tumblr.com/post/27733467733/iou-explanation-53-8-92-grimms-fairy-tales-cipher

-JM

I've had a glimpse on it. To be frank, that's just people having too much freetime and therefore starting to theorise (without all the facts). Imagine Sherlock explaining all this to John. Once again a theory that's too far-fetched for me. Why would Moriarty give Sherlock so many clues? I nice read, though. 
You can spot a certain reference to all the fairy tales actually.

However, my father is convinced that Sherlock used a rescue net and the people we see gathering around him were the ones to prepare the net. I must say, I don't like the thought. ("No, no, nooo, that's too easy, that's too easy!")

My theory is that Sherlock's cheekbones broke his fall and it's the pavement that's bleeding.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 29, 2013 7:17 pm  #767

It did seem pretty far fetched but it was a cool theory! Anyways, a net is a bit simple. I believe it needs to be clever to have cinematic value.
And I have heard the cheekbone theory before. It seems the most plausible.
-JM

"You're insane."

May 29, 2013 7:37 pm  #768

My father and I just made up another incredibly plausible theory. Sherlock told Molly that he needed her, right? Maybe she just stood there, caught him in her arms and carried him away. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 29, 2013 7:44 pm  #769

Mary Me wrote:

My father and I just made up another incredibly plausible theory. Sherlock told Molly that he needed her, right? Maybe she just stood there, caught him in her arms and carried him away. 

First of all- what about the body on the ground? Assuming it was indeed Sherlock, of course.
Secondly- wasn't it a five story building? It would hurt Molly if Sherlock fell into her arms from that distance. She would break some bones at least. 
-JM

"You're insane."

May 29, 2013 7:47 pm  #770

Mary Me wrote:

First of all- what about the body on the ground? Assuming it was indeed Sherlock, of course.
Secondly- wasn't it a five story building? It would hurt Molly if Sherlock fell into her arms from that distance. She would break some bones at least. 
-JM

Oh, would she?  Maybe that's not the solution then... what a pity

*Sorry, apparently you took this serious, but I was just joking

Last edited by Mary Me (May 29, 2013 8:05 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 29, 2013 8:24 pm  #771

Mary Me wrote:

-JM

But Sherlock himself pointed out she had put on 3 pounds. All he had to do is land on her and bounce back up....ahem....cough....cough x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

May 29, 2013 8:26 pm  #772

nicbooful wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

-JM

But Sherlock himself pointed out she had put on 3 pounds. All he had to do is land on her and bounce back up....ahem....cough....cough x

Yeah, maybe he was using her as jumping sheet. Or she had used a drug that gave her superior strenghts.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 4:57 am  #773

Here a quick summary of my favourite theories:

May 30, 2013 7:24 am  #774

The only problem that I have with the net theory, is the fact that we actually do see him land on the pavement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

May 30, 2013 9:27 am  #775

sherlockian111 wrote:

The only problem that I have with the net theory, is the fact that we actually do see him land on the pavement.

Do we? Or is it just a vision of what John believes he sees; what his mind does to fill in the parts he couldn't see? Was it really Sherlock we see land on the pavement?

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 9:30 am  #776

Mary Me wrote:

sherlockian111 wrote:

Do we? Or is it just a vision of what John believes he sees; what his mind does to fill in the parts he couldn't see? Was it really Sherlock we see land on the pavement?

Well, I suppose that could be the case but then that's kind of cheating. Sherlock's face when he's on the ground and there's the blood and stuff, then that could also be simply what John expects to see.
In all honesty, I don't think that's the case

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 30, 2013 9:36 am  #777

To be honest, that scene is also causing problems for me. This scene is actually showing a very soft landing. If he landed in the same position as he was falling then there wouldn't remain much of his face. It would have burst open like a tomato.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 9:47 am  #778

Yeah, there's also no actual wound anywhere on his head, there's just "blood". Grrrrrr, everthing I come up with seems to point to a dead end. And the clues that I've managed to pick up on, I have no idea what they mean! (if they mean anything)

June 7, 2013 8:37 pm  #779

Ok so what's with the crown inside Moriarty's teacup? I noticed that none of the other cups had it. Random coincidence? Poison? What do you guys think?

"You're insane."

June 7, 2013 8:48 pm  #780

Random.
Certainly not posion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera