BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2013 1:10 pm  #721

Re: Go on then...what are your theories?

horserider99 wrote:

http://eva-christine.tumblr.com/post/27733467733/iou-explanation-53-8-92-grimms-fairy-tales-cipher
I just found this and I thought it was a very interesting theory...

I followed the link and read this theory - both versions of it. I must admit that it was pretty interesting. I can see where the author is finding parrells, but like some others here it does seem a bit elaborate. There could very well be some truth to it however. Some of the conclusions were sound.

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 7, 2013 7:26 pm  #722

horserider99 wrote:

http://eva-christine.tumblr.com/post/27733467733/iou-explanation-53-8-92-grimms-fairy-tales-cipher
I just found this and I thought it was a very interesting theory...

I read both of them and I love the idea with the elements and the fairy-tales. It would be awesome if it was true. The Rumpelstielzchen Theory is good as well but I think Mofftis said that all the clues are in ep.6.

March 7, 2013 7:37 pm  #723

Doctor_Watson's_Girl wrote:

How did he fake his death that is what is confusing me lol

How does he pick endless numbers of facts about a person, seemingly out of thin air? The man is a wizard-- that's what it has to be, lol.

March 7, 2013 8:39 pm  #724

KeepersPrice wrote:

Well, I'm not speaking for everyone, but for me, the ultimate or 'Mother of all Questions' is what will happen when John sees Sherlock again'. Sherlock faking his death was a trick and magicians trick us all the time. It's the emotional toll of the trick and how that will be resolved that interests me the most.

Yes, exactly! My only "real" question is: how will they pull it out without ruining the emotional toll of TRF (I don't even want to think "if")!

March 7, 2013 9:32 pm  #725

ancientsgate wrote:

How does he pick endless numbers of facts about a person, seemingly out of thin air? The man is a wizard-- that's what it has to be, lol.

Well it's a bit of a cross over but in LOTR Gandalf says there are 5 wizards but we only meet 3 so Sherlock could certainly be one of the other ones.

I'm not sure what I want to know more. How Sherlock survived or how he will come back and how John will respond!

================================================================

March 7, 2013 9:47 pm  #726

Michele wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Well it's a bit of a cross over but in LOTR Gandalf says there are 5 wizards but we only meet 3 so Sherlock could certainly be one of the other ones.

I'm not sure what I want to know more. How Sherlock survived or how he will come back and how John will respond!

Well, as for the first suggestion: This is possible since Gandalf mentioned the 'blue wizards'. 

For me it's very clear what I want to know: When and how Sherlock will come back. John's response is also important, of course. God, how will he...?  This is a bit too dramatic for me.  MOFFAT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 7, 2013 11:11 pm  #727

miriel68 wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Well, I'm not speaking for everyone, but for me, the ultimate or 'Mother of all Questions' is what will happen when John sees Sherlock again'. Sherlock faking his death was a trick and magicians trick us all the time. It's the emotional toll of the trick and how that will be resolved that interests me the most.

Yes, exactly! My only "real" question is: how will they pull it out without ruining the emotional toll of TRF (I don't even want to think "if")!

As I said earlier, the emotional toll question could be nothing - or it could be everything. It has the ability to influence the mood and tone across all 3 episodes of Series 3.  The writers could have John quickly overcome his shock and surprise in E1 and then have the two of them go right back to the way things were - all in the space of a few minutes.  Or it could take all 3 episodes of back-and-forth and who-knows-what for Sherlock to eventually win back John's trust and admiration. The relationship dynamic could turn very angsty, involving both humor and pathos, especially if Mary Marsten is brought into the picture.  Don't know - but am eagerly anticipating whatever this is going to be....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 8, 2013 3:07 am  #728

KeepersPrice wrote:

As I said earlier, the emotional toll question could be nothing - or it could be everything. It has the ability to influence the mood and tone across all 3 episodes of Series 3. The writers could have John quickly overcome his shock and surprise in E1 and then have the two of them go right back to the way things were - all in the space of a few minutes. Or it could take all 3 episodes of back-and-forth and who-knows-what for Sherlock to eventually win back John's trust and admiration. The relationship dynamic could turn very angsty, involving both humor and pathos, especially if Mary Marsten is brought into the picture. Don't know - but am eagerly anticipating whatever this is going to be....

I think John will be pissed. He went through hell, and Sherlock made him watch. Yeah if he doesn't chin Sherlock I will be absolutely shocked. 

There could be emotional carry-over from episode one but I hope not. Since there are only three episodes in a season I would be pulling my hair out if they didn't get back to the friendship that we all fell in love with until the last episode. That will drive me crazy waiting another year or even two for a fourth season.

Who is Mary Martsen?

March 8, 2013 6:44 am  #729

John's wife.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2013 11:20 am  #730

Morstan. Mary Morstan. The person who inspired my name 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 8, 2013 1:20 pm  #731

I am not so much thinking about the "How" in the future episodes - like "how do they meet together", "how is there friendship like then", "how does John Watson react" andsoonandsoon -, it might be quite disappointing or confusing to me then. That´s also one of the reasons why I am not reading fancic or even producing it myself in my head ("How did he survive the fall" is something different to me, that has already happened and, yes, I like riddles ).
To me the most important thing is, that writers, directors, composers and of course the actors find the right tone, the right balance and mixture again for everything in series 3. Romantic "kitsch" would be as well shocking to me as a very sober "going-back-to-daily-routine" after one minute, or, even worse, a very bad explanation about what has really happened. I want to have it funny, a little mean also, some black humour, no political correctness, not too much sorry from Sherlock´s side , etc. But, of course, it should move me again (like e.g. the apology in THoB), but, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, no romantic kitsch!

Last edited by anjaH_alias (March 8, 2013 1:23 pm)

March 8, 2013 4:03 pm  #732

besleybean wrote:

John's wife.

John's wife, in the orginal  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle canon, not in BBC canon. She died prematurely in the ACD work, leaving him a widower, from what I understand.

March 8, 2013 4:05 pm  #733

anjaH_alias wrote:

.... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, no romantic kitsch!

Are you kidding? They haven't even ever given us a S/J hug, much less "romance"; I think you can set your worries about this at rest now.

March 8, 2013 4:23 pm  #734

ancientsgate wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

.... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, no romantic kitsch!

Are you kidding? They haven't even ever given us a S/J hug, much less "romance"; I think you can set your worries about this at rest now.

true

March 8, 2013 5:03 pm  #735

I am on record as saying if we didn't get a hug between the boys this time...well, I dunno what I will do.  I may just have to put up with it, tho!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2013 5:07 pm  #736

besleybean wrote:

I am on record as saying if we didn't get a hug between the boys this time...well, I dunno what I will do.  I may just have to put up with it, tho!

Agreed, on both counts. Sigh.

March 8, 2013 5:35 pm  #737

I don't know, given the way both these men are potrayed, I don't really see either of them as the hugging type. They would show there emotion about being reunited more in their eyes I would think, in looks that they exchanged or private smiles over what someone else might say such as Anderson or Donovan.

Lestrade - now to have him walk up to Sherlock and hug him with Sherlock looking all terribly uncomfortable, and John off to to side throughly enjoying the whole thing - Now that I could see.

Off Topic - Does anyone know if there is a way for me to set my thing up so that the words in these posts are way bigger? The writing is so small that I have trouble sometimes reading all your brilliant comments. I know I can adjust the size of my own posts which I try to remember to do, but how do I adjust the size of your comments?

March 8, 2013 5:37 pm  #738

Use your browser settings, Alice!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 8, 2013 5:43 pm  #739

AliceI wrote:

off Topic - Does anyone know if there is a way for me to set my thing up so that the words in these posts are way bigger? The writing is so small that I have trouble sometimes reading all your brilliant comments. I know I can adjust the size of my own posts which I try to remember to do, but how do I adjust the size of your comments? 

Once you're on the forum page you're trying to see, go up to the upper left in your browser menu and hit "View". Move down to "zoom" and then repeatedly hit "zoom in" until you get the size you want. You might have to do that for every single page, but that will make it quite huge, big as you need, I think.

March 8, 2013 5:45 pm  #740

Depends on what browser Alice uses 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera