BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2013 2:12 am  #701

Re: Go on then...what are your theories?

Mary Me wrote:

Nobody knows. Well, Moffat does. I hate him. No, I love him. *sigh* It's complicated...

Totally agree with this!
I know ages ago he said he'd looked online and said that no one had worked it out but I'm sure I read something from maybe Martin (?) that said that some people have worked it out.

I agree that the truck seems a bit to obvious. It was a long way to jump. But who the hell knows! I bet Gatiss and Moffat are loving our torment!!!

My theory is that this will eat at me until Season 3 comes out and I'll sit there feeling like a total idiot when the answer is obviously brilliant! (I'm also equally exciting to see how Sherlock survives and how John reacts when he comes back)

================================================================

March 1, 2013 6:25 am  #702

With the season 1 cliffhanger, although there weren't many clues, there sort of was one. Remember when they're at that flat, and there are the shoes, and Sherlock's down on the ground inspecting them (and everyone is all silent), and then the phone rings? that was sort of a clue. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

March 1, 2013 6:43 am  #703

No it wasn't.  They ended Season 1 having no idea what the solution was going to be.
But when they eventually thought of the solution(which came from Sue Vertue), they realised a phone theme was entirely appropriate for Moriarty,
I'm keepinmg my views to myself this time, having made an a--e of myself by publicaly stating my ideas for season 1(altho not on this board,)
Something broke Sherlock's fall and Molly, Mycroft and the Homeless network are involved...is all I'm prepared to say.
Tho I am actually more interested in the Reunion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 5, 2013 6:54 pm  #704

New topic:

There is something that I'm surprised nobody seems too find important. Of course I don't know wheather that's right because I haven't read all of the theoriey, but so far none of the ones I did read mentioned it. Maybe you think it's too trivial, but I think it's worth getting mentioned at least once.
It's that Sherlock chose to jump from the roof of the pathological department of St. Bart's. He could have chosen any place to meet Moriarty. And he chose the roof of a house that is full of dead bodys and which also is the place where Molly works.
When I noticed this first I thought that Molly could have thrown a corpse out of a window but the windows seem to be a little small for that. Still there are lot's of oportunities.
It supports the theories that say that it's not Sherlock who lies on the ground.
What do you think?
As you probably notice I'm not entirely sure what to think of it myself I just don't think it's a coincidence.
I'm sure it is very important for the solution.

March 5, 2013 8:10 pm  #705

I think that the fact that HE chose the rooftop for the meeting could not be a chance: he already knew Moriarty wants him to commit suicide and it must have been obvious for him that he would be expected to jump down. However, I really prefer not to dwell too much on this, because I love this scene so much and it kind of fear the "clever" explanation that will spoil the emotional tension of the falll...

Last edited by miriel68 (March 5, 2013 8:12 pm)

March 6, 2013 1:19 am  #706

http://eva-christine.tumblr.com/post/27733467733/iou-explanation-53-8-92-grimms-fairy-tales-cipher
I just found this and I thought it was a very interesting theory...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 6, 2013 9:10 am  #707

Myraya wrote:

New topic:

There is something that I'm surprised nobody seems too find important. Of course I don't know wheather that's right because I haven't read all of the theoriey, but so far none of the ones I did read mentioned it. Maybe you think it's too trivial, but I think it's worth getting mentioned at least once.
It's that Sherlock chose to jump from the roof of the pathological department of St. Bart's. He could have chosen any place to meet Moriarty. And he chose the roof of a house that is full of dead bodys and which also is the place where Molly works.
When I noticed this first I thought that Molly could have thrown a corpse out of a window but the windows seem to be a little small for that. Still there are lot's of oportunities.
It supports the theories that say that it's not Sherlock who lies on the ground.
What do you think?
As you probably notice I'm not entirely sure what to think of it myself I just don't think it's a coincidence.
I'm sure it is very important for the solution.

I think some people have mentioned that, and yes, it probably did assist Sherlock in one way or another. The perfect clue is placed so that it fits in, so no-one notices it (e.g. a phrase in a conversation) or one that stands out so much that everyone sees it, but either doesn't think it's a clue, or doesn't understand what it means

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 6, 2013 9:25 am  #708

The only solution that I can come up with, that more or less, fits the facts, is that somebody else jumped. And I cannot think of a single person who would jump off a building, just to save Sherlock Holmes(except John). Because jumping off a building like that, you could be dead before you hit the ground. So if Sherlock did jump he would have to be wearing some sort of strap or something to protect his spine. And yeah, this is getting way too complicated

March 6, 2013 9:43 am  #709

"the message could be an illustration, Snow White in the coffin for example". That could totally be a clue for John. Because, as we know, we all supposedly see Sherlock dead, but then find out he wasn't. And when Snow White was in the coffin, everyone thought she was dead, but she wasn't.

March 6, 2013 12:35 pm  #710

horserider99 wrote:

http://eva-christine.tumblr.com/post/27733467733/iou-explanation-53-8-92-grimms-fairy-tales-cipher
I just found this and I thought it was a very interesting theory...

I read that months ago, but honestly I think it´s so much over the top. Its structure of that theory is so complicated - that doesn´t fit to Moffat and Gatiss. Thank God, I have to say .

March 6, 2013 12:40 pm  #711

sherlockian111 wrote:

The only solution that I can come up with, that more or less, fits the facts, is that somebody else jumped. And I cannot think of a single person who would jump off a building, just to save Sherlock Holmes(except John). Because jumping off a building like that, you could be dead before you hit the ground. So if Sherlock did jump he would have to be wearing some sort of strap or something to protect his spine. And yeah, this is getting way too complicated

It was Sherlock jumping down - one can see him on the ground. And Steven Moffat said: "We see him dying (nearly) in the arms of his friend". There was nobody else, no dummy, no other living person. So something must have stopped his fall, in these minute, in which John couldn´t see him. I still think the truck has something to do with it, whatever. But something has stopped his fall, I think that´s clear.

March 6, 2013 1:21 pm  #712

anjaH_alias wrote:

It was Sherlock jumping down - one can see him on the ground. And Steven Moffat said: "We see him dying (nearly) in the arms of his friend".

Not only that, we can see him in the air; that was clearly Ben himself who did that stunt. So unless Sherlock had his Oh-So-Helpful identical twin hidden away on that rooftop, then.... that was Sherlock who fell.

March 6, 2013 4:24 pm  #713

Yes, in the documentary included in the dvd BC talks about filming this scene and how he jumped - there was a wire to slow him down in the end.

March 6, 2013 9:30 pm  #714

How did he fake his death that is what is confusing me lol

March 6, 2013 9:44 pm  #715

Doctor_Watson's_Girl wrote:

After all, you could call this The Mother of all Questions!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 6, 2013 10:41 pm  #716

Yes I agree lol

Last edited by Doctor_Watson's_Girl (March 6, 2013 10:42 pm)

March 6, 2013 11:17 pm  #717

ancientsgate wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

It was Sherlock jumping down - one can see him on the ground. And Steven Moffat said: "We see him dying (nearly) in the arms of his friend".

Not only that, we can see him in the air; that was clearly Ben himself who did that stunt. So unless Sherlock had his Oh-So-Helpful identical twin hidden away on that rooftop, then.... that was Sherlock who fell.

Also the landmarks in the background match where Sherlock was standing while talking to John. So we can't say that it was someone else there and Sherlock was standing elsewhere.
Although could you imagine a Sherlock twin? That would be brilliantly sexy!

Last edited by Michele (March 6, 2013 11:17 pm)

March 6, 2013 11:20 pm  #718

tobeornot221b wrote:

Perhaps we could say the ultimate question? Although I'm not sure how 42 explains everything!

March 7, 2013 6:28 am  #719

Michele wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Perhaps we could say the ultimate question? Although I'm not sure how 42 explains everything!

The final question 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 7, 2013 1:05 pm  #720

Well, I'm not speaking for everyone, but for me, the ultimate or 'Mother of all Questions' is what will happen when John sees Sherlock again'. Sherlock faking his death was a trick and magicians trick us all the time.  It's the emotional toll of the trick and how that will be resolved that interests me the most.  Could be nothing - could be everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera