BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2012 5:08 am  #201

Re: Go on then...what are your theories?

I  was just on another site,  where there were images of John's and Sherlock's  phone convo when Sherlock  was on the rooftop.  Guess what I saw?   Something strange!!   One of the images showed the "dead"  Moriarty,  laying on the  pavement of the roof,  with his gun  in his RIGHT  hand.   Didn't M  shoot himself with his left hand?   so  how did it get into his right hand?   Oh,  I'm having a brain freeze at the moment!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 1, 2012 5:21 am  #202

He did indeed use his left hand and the gun never ravelled anywhere else The pic must be a reverse one or someone has manipulated it .

The only way to see these things is to watch the original footage; there will be a lot of garbage gping around now that all the world's 'funster's have no doubt jumped on board.

*note, excessive use of exclamation marks will not make things right*
*winks*

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 1, 2012 5:46 pm  #203

My theories are ever-changing.  Depends on what brilliance you guys present.

I agree that it was set up, that Molly and the Homeless Crew were in on it (probably Mycroft, too), that it was really Sherlock who took the dive, Moriarity is dead.

So when I watched it yet again, viewing through the lens of my theories, I'm perplexed at why Sherlock seems so surprised and unsure at times (on the roof).  Just his demeanor. 

And if he was certain he could get the code from Moriarity, and conceivably get M to call off the assassins, why did he set up the ruse in the first place?

June 1, 2012 6:34 pm  #204

Maren wrote:

My theories are ever-changing.  Depends on what brilliance you guys present.

I agree that it was set up, that Molly and the Homeless Crew were in on it (probably Mycroft, too), that it was really Sherlock who took the dive, Moriarity is dead.

Totally agree.

So when I watched it yet again, viewing through the lens of my theories, I'm perplexed at why Sherlock seems so surprised and unsure at times (on the roof).  Just his demeanor.

It's an act. He is stroking Moriarty' s ego the whole time, hoping that this would force Moriarty into a mistake. It certainly does the trick.

And if he was certain he could get the code from Moriarity, and conceivably get M to call off the assassins, why did he set up the ruse in the first place?

The code to call off the assassins was something he didn't know about when the whole rooftop scene started. He didn't even know there would be assassins. Sherlock knew there was a key code to get into the banks etc, but not this 'latest' one

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 2, 2012 6:52 am  #205

I know he didn't know about the assassins but he knew that Moriarty was going to force him to jump and I always think he must have known he would use a more interesting technique than just holding a gun to his head and saying "kill yourself now", so even though he didn't know exactly what that would be, I'm pretty sure Sherlock had an idea there would be some kind of situation Moriarty would use to force him into it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 2, 2012 7:26 am  #206

ok.  Here's a question:   What happened to that "dummy"  that sherlock had hanging in his living room,  huh?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 2, 2012 8:59 am  #207

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I know he didn't know about the assassins but he knew that Moriarty was going to force him to jump and I always think he must have known he would use a more interesting technique than just holding a gun to his head and saying "kill yourself now", so even though he didn't know exactly what that would be, I'm pretty sure Sherlock had an idea there would be some kind of situation Moriarty would use to force him into it.

Yes but Sherlock isn't a fortune teller. There are a lot of possibilities that would have been available to Moriarty. Maren was asking why go through it all if Sherlock knew he could get 'the answer' to the problem. The thing is, he didn't know what the 'question' would be.

sherlockskitty -  the dummy is probably propped up in the flat somewhere at the moment with Sherlock's coat and Deerstalker on it. I would venture to say that that would be a good use for it. I'm betting we will see it in the next episode in just such a position. Or knowing Moftiss, in a darn comical place!

(yes, when you think about it, that was the perfect sentence for an exclamation mark)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 2, 2012 1:08 pm  #208

kazza474 wrote:

the dummy is probably propped up in the flat somewhere at the moment with Sherlock's coat and Deerstalker on it. I would venture to say that that would be a good use for it. I'm betting we will see it in the next episode in just such a position. Or knowing Moftiss, in a darn comical place!

Yes...all set up ready for The Empty House!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 2, 2012 1:48 pm  #209

Oh don't be so boring SH.
THINK!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 4, 2012 2:00 am  #210

I think the dummy should be sent to Congress (uh, Parliament?). It could be like a family reunion thingy.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 7, 2012 3:56 am  #211

and what about that rubber ball,  huh?   I  read somewhere that it was part of a magic trick done by none other than the Great Houdini.  Hmmmmm...  Yes,  I  know  the details,  but...spoilers,  everyone!!  spoilers!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 7, 2012 5:17 am  #212

It is a pretty well known trick.
Even Patrick Jane has used this one.
Considering his falling style, he would have had to have taped that ball into position because his arms were outstretched & moving around; was it actually big enough to achieve the desired result?
Was the ball being bounced over & over again a bit like over-killing a red herring?
One thing for sure, no-one missed it.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 8, 2012 7:43 pm  #213

Just now my thirteen-years old son and I watched the fall three times and the discussion is still going on . My son opts for a body who had plastic surgery during the night in order to look like Sherlock. This body was placed on the pavement and the helpers prevented John from examining the body too closely. I think it is great how this show can trigger animated discussions within the family .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 8, 2012 7:54 pm  #214

When I waited at the tram station this morning suddenly something occurred to me and I scribbled it down (strange looks by the people around me ) ... must think it over .... could be interesting ...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2012 8:06 pm  #215

I'm sure it is...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 8, 2012 8:21 pm  #216

Please share it with us once you have sorted it out …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 9, 2012 6:21 am  #217

could this episode have just been a DREAM?  like--  parts of it never happened?     On  one hand,  it  explains  some of it;  but on the other hand.....I  hope not!!!   I'll be sorely disappointed---
Moftiss  did say  they wanted to  give us the most amazing twist of the whole series--  and do  ACD  one better.....oh  the suspense!!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 9, 2012 6:27 am  #218

Moffat also said that Sherlock’s faux-demise at the end of series two would likely go down as one of the most cunning in history when its method is revealed to fans. “We know what we’re doing. If Sherlock Holmes is going to fake his own death, it better be the best faked death of all time. I think it’s pretty good,  he said.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-05-16/steven-moffat-promises-a-puzzling-climax-to-sherlock%27s-third-series

DREAM? We had this kind of thing back in the eighties.... remember DALLAS?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 9, 2012 7:37 am  #219

No, it won't be dream. The writers are far too good for that. Plus people will string them up if they come up with that old one!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 9, 2012 11:32 pm  #220

Uh, I think at some point we ought to make a big summary of all the theories.

Board footera