BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2016 5:59 pm  #1961

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Lautrela wrote:

At least, with every theories going on, we're prepared for the worse to happen.

Yes, we are. And somehow I love expecting the worst.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 28, 2016 7:51 pm  #1962

Haha that's the thing, with so many different theories I keep thinking well one of them has to be right but who knows, we could all be completely way off the mark.

If something were to happen to Mary and/or the baby or they leave him because he somehow chose Sherlock over them I could see that as being the reason why John would feel guilty and blame Sherlock which would lead to them becoming estranged but that seems almost too simple.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 28, 2016 8:57 pm  #1963

Lis wrote:

Haha that's the thing, with so many different theories I keep thinking well one of them has to be right but who knows, we could all be completely way off the mark.

If something were to happen to Mary and/or the baby or they leave him because he somehow chose Sherlock over them I could see that as being the reason why John would feel guilty and blame Sherlock which would lead to them becoming estranged but that seems almost too simple.

Blaming Sherlock for his own choices, being estranged from him for that reason and beating him as a result of that?
But in that case, why would he choose him at all? 
Wouldn´t John look like a violent bully then?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 28, 2016 9:11 pm  #1964

You know, maybe John has been Moriarty's agent all along. Now that would be really revolutional. And would put their friendship to a test. And explain the punch. And be the dark secret from the past for the first ep (if it's about John).

Not entirely serious here, just going crazy from all the anticipation.

Last edited by ewige (December 28, 2016 9:12 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 28, 2016 9:15 pm  #1965

It would be revolutional - but would it be a good story as well?
Wouldn´t it actually destroy the very thing that made this show successful - John´s and Sherlock´s friendship and its depiction? Since it would practically delete any scene of Sherlock´s and John´s bonding from the very beginning of the show....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 28, 2016 9:22 pm  #1966

Well, is it possible that the writers want to see the friendship between John and Sherlock destroyed? And that would be "the groundbreaking" thing they were speaking about?
Nobody before them made a SH adaptation in which John Watson actually hated SherlockHolmes and wanted to see him suffer.... so maybe they would?

December 28, 2016 9:37 pm  #1967

I think it will be a temporary setback that will be resolved at the end.  I don't think John has been working for Moriarty ... but like you, Ewige, I keep thinking of wilder and wilder things that it could be.  I'm aware that they have changed the game from series to series so it's very difficult to predict, and that they may turn what we think we know on it's head. 

December 28, 2016 9:45 pm  #1968

Liberty wrote:

Yes, it could be Mycroft's house - his is rather grand and seems to be on fire in the trailer. 

I'm not sure what the lipstick could mean - kind of odd because Sherlock doesn't actually smoke a pipe, but it's still one of his symbols outside of the show ... Does it mean there will be a female detective, temporarily?  Mary?  Yes, the red lipstick reminds me of Irene, but also of Molly in ASIB.  Mrs Hudson not so much. Of course, it could be Uncle Rudy!  There seems to be a female (police) detective actually cast, but I don't remember her having red lipstick in the publicity picture.

If it's blood, I don't know - my first thought with the pipe-smoking and blood was TB (coughing up blood), which made me think of the dying detective.  But it seems kind of morbid to have it on the pipe like that - although any blood from the mouth seems strange.  I'm going to go with lipstick, I think.

If the red stuff on the pipe is blood it could be a reference to an incident that is mentioned by Sherlock Holmes in The Empty House:

"... Mathews, who knocked out my left canine in the waiting-room at Charing Cross,..."

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 28, 2016 10:45 pm  #1969

nakahara wrote:

Blaming Sherlock for his own choices, being estranged from him for that reason and beating him as a result of that?
But in that case, why would he choose him at all? 
Wouldn´t John look like a violent bully then?

People blame other people for consequences brought about by their own choices all the time, especially when they're hurting and not thinking straight, and that would back up the interviews we've had that said John is going to be more of a dick this series. It's clear something happens between them to cause the rift in their relationship, I just have no idea what. 

December 28, 2016 11:40 pm  #1970

Writers being puzzled over Chinese posters. LOL!

December 28, 2016 11:46 pm  #1971

Love it!

-----

December 28, 2016 11:53 pm  #1972

Hah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2016 12:06 am  #1973

Haha! Looks like another international promo team is in trouble.

December 29, 2016 7:32 am  #1974

It could mean that they've made their own promo materials which give something away (which is what we're puzzling over) or it could mean they've made promo materials which are misleading.   We can only wait and see!

If anybody missed the Piccadilly Circus thing, there's a video here:
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/sherlock/news/a817853/sherlock-teaser-moriarty-return-series-four/

I'm kind of excited because my feeling was that they were going to overlap with "real life" somehow for S4, and I wonder if this is leading up to it.  There's the Telegraph announcement as well.  And whatever we're getting instead of the blogs. 

December 29, 2016 11:16 am  #1975

Liberty wrote:

It could mean that they've made their own promo materials which give something away (which is what we're puzzling over) or it could mean they've made promo materials which are misleading.   We can only wait and see!

If anybody missed the Piccadilly Circus thing, there's a video here:
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/sherlock/news/a817853/sherlock-teaser-moriarty-return-series-four/

I'm kind of excited because my feeling was that they were going to overlap with "real life" somehow for S4, and I wonder if this is leading up to it.  There's the Telegraph announcement as well.  And whatever we're getting instead of the blogs. 

http://jon-lox.tumblr.com/post/155069525377/mofftiss-putting-bags-of-coins-on-mr-city-of

December 29, 2016 11:33 am  #1976

Advertising at Piccadilly Circus is ridiculously expensive though so probably not far from the truth!

December 29, 2016 11:35 am  #1977

Aaaw!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2016 11:52 am  #1978

December 29, 2016 12:18 pm  #1979

*lifts an eyebrow* Interesting... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2016 12:18 pm  #1980

Not our eyebrows? lol

I thought the big tam-tam around the Piccadilly Circus was a huge let-down for the fans that actually appeared there. It seems they were sort of misused for the ad campaign. I get it that the screen time must be very expensive but why not show something new (while not necessarily more meaningful) in those three seconds? Wouldn't cost more but would make people very happy.

-----

Board footera