BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2016 3:49 pm  #1941

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

I'd say lipstick on the pipe too... but it's hard to tell!

Very interesting! 

I missed quite a bit while I slept in, I see! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 28, 2016 4:06 pm  #1942

Love Martin! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2016 4:10 pm  #1943

That's great! :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 28, 2016 4:10 pm  #1944

Very sweet

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 28, 2016 4:14 pm  #1945

Clever smart-arse as ever! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 28, 2016 4:16 pm  #1946

There is apparently a spoilery USA Today article out there. "Calamity strikes" or something.

-----

December 28, 2016 4:25 pm  #1947

Ah that's true ewige, I wonder whose lipstick it is.

The building looks a little singed, maybe it's the big burning house from the trailer.

Phantom, yeah you can't sleep nowadays who knows what you'll miss!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 28, 2016 4:28 pm  #1948

ewige wrote:

There is apparently a spoilery USA Today article out there. "Calamity strikes" or something.

I'be read it, and being a spoiler whole I don't think it is too bad. ;-) No plot details, at least.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 28, 2016 4:28 pm  #1949

Mary nor Molly wears bright red lipstick, do they? They usually go for a more toned down shade? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 28, 2016 5:08 pm  #1950

I immediately thought Irene to be honest. But who knows, maybe Sherlock's branching out...

-----

December 28, 2016 5:11 pm  #1951

It seems the Chinese promo pics have not been created by the BBC. On Twitter Mark at least pretended not to know anything about them. Which does not mean that they do not contain some truth if we assume that they have been made a broadcaster who have seen the episodes.
It is fascinating how official BBC promo, official promo abroad, leaked trailers, etc. seem to blend together until nobody knows what is true anymore. Bit like the show itself, isn't it?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 28, 2016 5:12 pm  #1952

I did think Irene too... but why? Maybe it's the Lady in Red... who knows. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 28, 2016 5:17 pm  #1953

Yes, it could be Mycroft's house - his is rather grand and seems to be on fire in the trailer. 

I'm not sure what the lipstick could mean - kind of odd because Sherlock doesn't actually smoke a pipe, but it's still one of his symbols outside of the show ... Does it mean there will be a female detective, temporarily?  Mary?  Yes, the red lipstick reminds me of Irene, but also of Molly in ASIB.  Mrs Hudson not so much. Of course, it could be Uncle Rudy!  There seems to be a female (police) detective actually cast, but I don't remember her having red lipstick in the publicity picture.

If it's blood, I don't know - my first thought with the pipe-smoking and blood was TB (coughing up blood), which made me think of the dying detective.  But it seems kind of morbid to have it on the pipe like that - although any blood from the mouth seems strange.  I'm going to go with lipstick, I think.

December 28, 2016 5:17 pm  #1954

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 28, 2016 5:23 pm  #1955

Oh, I read the USA Today article, and it's mostly stuff we already knew, except this maybe points strongly in a particular direction - I'm actually going to put in spoiler tags in case it's too much!

Watson is also in for a change, from the show’s “stable, reliable, solid rock” to a man dealing with temptation and guilt, Freeman says. “It’s good to have that moral compass go off pole a little bit.”

I think this, combined with "Cheating" IIRC on the soundtrack, seems to indicate the source of the Watsons' marital discord. 

And then, not really a spoiler, but:So should fans wonder about Sherlock’s fate?“Everyone should worry, shouldn’t they?” Gatiss says with a laugh. “I think we should all be worried.”

December 28, 2016 5:25 pm  #1956

nakahara wrote:

Oh my.....neck and stretched button alert....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 28, 2016 5:26 pm  #1957

I like how you think, Liberty

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 28, 2016 5:28 pm  #1958

Spoilery speculation: 

This is indeed very interesting. And I really wonder who the person in question will be ... because there will be a rift between him and Sherlock. And John will feel guilty. I do not really see him breaking up with Sherlock over an affair with a random woman. If, however, he gave in to temptation with Sherlock and something happened to the child or Mary did something bad in the meantime … well.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 28, 2016 5:32 pm  #1959

SusiGo wrote:

Spoilery speculation: 

This is indeed very interesting. And I really wonder who the person in question will be ... because there will be a rift between him and Sherlock. And John will feel guilty. I do not really see him breaking up with Sherlock over an affair with a random woman. If, however, he gave in to temptation with Sherlock and something happened to the child or Mary did something bad in the meantime … well.

I like to think that

John betrays Mary (and Sherlock) with Victor Trevor

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 28, 2016 5:46 pm)

December 28, 2016 5:40 pm  #1960

Why not LeStrade? Why does he never get a look-in on the romance front? 

I don't think it will be Sherlock, but I'll keep an open mind - I have to admit I'm clutching at straws for anyone else.   Molly is probably still besotted with Sherlock, so it's unlikely to be her.   I'm not aware of a new character in TST apart from the new police detective.   We'll see!

The more I think about lipstick on the pipe, the more it seems to be very strong, and surprisingly specific, sexual symbolism.  Is it just me?  (Oh, and I forgot about the Lady in Red, Phantom!  Maybe she's another possibility).

Board footera