BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2016 5:55 pm  #1901

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Mothonthemantel wrote:

TLD beginning sounds a lot like the ACD version. Holmes @ Watson having been apart a while and Mrs Hudson rushing to Watson with the tale of Holmes dieing of a tropical disease.

Yes, that would fit well with them falling out in TST - of course John would come running back if he thought Sherlock was fatally ill.   And I remember one of the descriptions of TLD suggested that Sherlock and John were working as a team against Culverton.   There's still that scene in the mortuary to explain, though - if it's actually real!

December 27, 2016 6:18 pm  #1902

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 27, 2016 6:22 pm  #1903

Oh dear!  Seven years bad luck!  I keep thinking that Sherlock and Mycroft's relationship is going to be a big deal and seems to keep being confirmed!

December 27, 2016 6:25 pm  #1904

Liberty wrote:

Oh dear!  Seven years bad luck!  I keep thinking that Sherlock and Mycroft's relationship is going to be a big deal and seems to keep being confirmed!

I hope a broken mirror won't be the reason for the seven years hiatus after this season O.o
But yeah, I remember them saying something about giving more background to the brothers' conflict.

-----

December 27, 2016 7:02 pm  #1905

Liberty wrote:

Mothonthemantel wrote:

TLD beginning sounds a lot like the ACD version. Holmes @ Watson having been apart a while and Mrs Hudson rushing to Watson with the tale of Holmes dieing of a tropical disease.

Yes, that would fit well with them falling out in TST - of course John would come running back if he thought Sherlock was fatally ill.   And I remember one of the descriptions of TLD suggested that Sherlock and John were working as a team against Culverton.   There's still that scene in the mortuary to explain, though - if it's actually real!

Yes. I have a horrible idea that John will unfairly blame Sherlock for the death of Mary or baby .
And that TLD might be about prooving different - Culverton.

But every time I see the punch I remember John has anger issues and always hears punch me in the face as subtext  when Sherlocks talking.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

December 27, 2016 8:03 pm  #1906

Liberty wrote:

I am definitely getting more worried about their relationship, I hope nothing happens to Mycroft!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 27, 2016 8:24 pm  #1907

That picture is quite worrying

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 27, 2016 8:28 pm  #1908

I know there has been a lot of speculation about Mycroft dying and TAB seemed to foreshadow that.  I really hope he doesn't. What gives me hope is that Mycroft dying doesn't really fit into all the words they've bandied about, like "groundbreaking", "television history", "difficult to come back from", etc.   Mycroft doesn't feature greatly in the original canon, and not terribly much in adaptations either - it would be easy enough to continue without him.   If the big thing is Mycroft's death, then it would need some added drama, such as Sherlock killing him. (I do think the big thing has to focus on Sherlock). Or maybe John.  And possibly Mycroft as the over-arching big bad (although I'm not too keen on this, as I'm fond of him). 

December 27, 2016 8:37 pm  #1909

Hmm, they can't all start dying now, can they? I mean, this show has 8 regulars and there have been two deaths already (three actually if you count both Sherlock's fall and flatlining). Now it could be Mycroft or Mary or both but wouldn't that be a shade melodramatic? It's like, 50% of the show's population. I think Moftiss will find a new way to create drama.

-----

December 27, 2016 8:45 pm  #1910

ewige wrote:

Hmm, they can't all start dying now, can they? I mean, this show has 8 regulars and there have been two deaths already (three actually if you count both Sherlock's fall and flatlining). Now it could be Mycroft or Mary or both but wouldn't that be a shade melodramatic? It's like, 50% of the show's population. I think Moftiss will find a new way to create drama.

For a second, I was thinking about the last series of Lost ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2016 9:20 pm  #1911

ewige wrote:

I think they will, too, and I agree that killing off some of the main characters would be much too melodramatic.  And unless Mark Gatiss has decided that he no longer wants to play the role of Mycroft Holmes, his character will not be killed off, and I haven't heard that he's decided to quit that role.

Last edited by kgreen20 (December 27, 2016 9:21 pm)

December 27, 2016 9:58 pm  #1912

New stills, guys!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 27, 2016 9:59 pm  #1913

Well, they would not tell us in advance if Mycroft died, would they? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 27, 2016 10:02 pm  #1914

Scruffy John! Heh. That's the reality check for you, new Dad.

-----

December 27, 2016 10:03 pm  #1915

SusiGo wrote:

Well, they would not tell us in advance if Mycroft died, would they? 

I think they said they'd kill off Mycroft if the plot called for that.
Which tells us nothing at all.

-----

December 27, 2016 10:45 pm  #1916

I'm just wondering how they manage to keep a lid on the plot, seeing how many people are involved into making the show. I mean, for example those camera crews must have family members DYING to know what's going to happen next! Just imagine the Christmas dinners in those families after such pictures come out and the crew members saying someting like "Nope, I've seen a pic of that cellar already, thank you very much!"
I can imagine the strain it's putting on the families.
Lol
Our pain is probably nothing against knowing that your boyfriend KNOWS - has known for freaking months! - but can't tell you.

-----

December 27, 2016 11:05 pm  #1917

I really don't know how I'd cope if someone in my family worked on the show and knew everything but couldn't say, although I think I'd end up bugging them so much they would end up telling me just so I left them alone! 

We're nearly there now though, we can do this!

The photos/clips of John/Martin with the baby are very cute and Sherlock really is constantly on his phone, he looks like a teenager at a family thing not at all caring what's going on around him haha. Do we think that's him tweeting?

December 27, 2016 11:17 pm  #1918

Oh, there is a short video too, apparently where the last stills have been taken from:
https://www.facebook.com/cumbercollectiveunite/videos/1212650178825345/

You are right, Sherlock it on his mobile all the time! Is it even possible? That was remarked on in the birth ad, too. Maybe it's a storytelling device of sorts. Maybe he's tweeting about it but none of it actually happens?

Last edited by ewige (December 27, 2016 11:17 pm)

-----

December 27, 2016 11:30 pm  #1919

"Impending baby" sounds a bit ominous, I know it can mean something that will happen soon but the first thing that comes to my mind is impending doom! Though maybe that says something more about me...

December 28, 2016 12:35 am  #1920

It was bugging me too, the 'impending' part. 

English is my second language (and mostly self taught) but I feel like I've never heard 'impending' unless it was accompanied by 'doom'... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera