BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2016 9:12 pm  #1881

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Oh dear! I haven't been online most of the day (spending a few days with my parents tends to keep me away from the internet lol) and I now feel like I need to stay awake late at night to catch up with everything I missed during the day.

Edit: even more content coming soon...

Last edited by diva (December 26, 2016 9:40 pm)

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 27, 2016 7:42 am  #1882

Whee! Will it be recorded to listen to later? Or is it more like a stream?

Windswept Sherlock:

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 27, 2016 10:54 am  #1883

I've got next weeks (paper) Radio Times, and here's the episode description for TST:

"Scotland Yard is baffled by a mysterious person who is defacing images of Margaret Thatcher.  Sherlock focuses on a minute detail ans is convinced there is a more sinister purpose at work behind these acts of vandalism - which may have its roots buried in the dark past of Mary Watson".

Now, I think all the signs were pointing to this episode exploring Mary's past and it coming back to bite her, but I don't know if we'd been explicitly told that it was going to be part of the Thatchers case.  So quite a spoiler!  I have a feeling this must have already been posted somewhere, as the Pick of the Day section was posted, but I've missed so posting again for anybody else who missed!    Incidentally the Pick of the Day section says that Sherlock and John's partnership "looks like it could be sundered for ever".    Obviously, it won't be, but I'd expected that the test of their friendship would come later in the series, not in TST. 

There seems to be a lot going on one episode!  Thank goodness it's 90 minutes!

December 27, 2016 11:40 am  #1884

Here is the official summary for TLD which ties in with the break between Sherlock and John:

Full synopsis for The Lying Detective
“Sherlock faces perhaps the most chilling enemy of his long career: the powerful and seemingly unassailable Culverton Smith - a man with a very dark secret indeed. Estranged from his best friend John Watson, Sherlock seems to have descended into hell. Is there any way back from the abyss into which the detective has fallen?”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b088ppll

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 27, 2016 12:59 pm  #1885

"Estranged" I'm guessing whatever the event is that seems to come between Sherlock and John happens, possibly at the end, in TST and continues into TLD.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 27, 2016 1:27 pm  #1886

Yes, the TLD description helps clarify it, and I think you must be right, Lis. 

I'm also thinking of what Amanda said about

real life events paralleling what was happening in the show.   If John is separated from both Sherlock and Mary (and Rosie?) by the end of the episode, then he's completely on his own.   I'm worried about him.

I'm wondering what on earth could make this happen.  Bearing in mind the comment about John being more of a dick, I suspect he's the one at fault, but what could make him separate from Sherlock?  He has always been so steadfast.   As this seems to be the Mary episode, is it Mary-related?

December 27, 2016 2:11 pm  #1887

Yeah I think John might, wrongly, blame Sherlock for what ever happens and he kind acts out and shuts himself away. Saying that though, in the gif of Sherlock looking sad in 221B he also looks kind of guilty so maybe John does have a valid reason to blame Sherlock.

Whatever happens I know (hope!!) that they'll overcome it quickly and remember they are much better together than apart, especially as they are going to come up against what has been described as one of the most evilest of villains (and who knows what else!).

December 27, 2016 2:36 pm  #1888

Screen from TLD:

Maybe John was all teary because of Sherlocks "death"?.. (again...) It does look like his funeral shirt, doesn't it? I'm not sure if it's a texture on John's back here or the pic's quality is bad.

Also, in the matching video of Sherlock fighting back tears Sherlock wears a lighter shirt, probably a white one so the sobbing bits seem to be really unrelated.

EDIT: found the picture in a better resolution. John's shirt doesn't look plain black anymore.

Last edited by ewige (December 27, 2016 3:11 pm)

-----

December 27, 2016 2:51 pm  #1889

Fashionable Mrs. Hudson and more of the strange delapidated building behind 221b's walls:

Last edited by ewige (December 27, 2016 2:51 pm)

-----

December 27, 2016 2:54 pm  #1890

Well. Then we know what the "next step" in their relationship will be - enstrangement. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 27, 2016 3:03 pm  #1891

Vhanja wrote:

Well. Then we know what the "next step" in their relationship will be - enstrangement. 

That could be a little disappointing since we had Angry!John in TEH already.

-----

December 27, 2016 3:18 pm  #1892

Yeah, but that only lasted about 24 hours - if that much. This seems to run a bit deeper.

However, I am confident it wil be solved by the end of the third episode.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 27, 2016 4:09 pm  #1893

Ooh not seen that pic of John and Sherlock before ewige. I'm sure whatever the issue is between them it will be resolved but I don't think it's going to be a quick fix!

I wonder if the abandoned looking place in the background of the 221B promo pics is supposed to represent the tower type place from the trailers?

December 27, 2016 4:14 pm  #1894

Estranged sounds so... hmm. well sad, and official... and hell. I believe it. 

Now I'm already sad again! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 27, 2016 4:23 pm  #1895

Yeah, the estrangement sounds devastating; but the make-up sex is going to be great. LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 27, 2016 4:39 pm  #1896

TLD beginning sounds a lot like the ACD version. Holmes @ Watson having been apart a while and Mrs Hudson rushing to Watson with the tale of Holmes dieing  of a tropical disease.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

December 27, 2016 4:42 pm  #1897

KeepersPrice wrote:

Yeah, the estrangement sounds devastating; but the make-up sex is going to be great. LOL

This. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2016 4:56 pm  #1898

KeepersPrice wrote:

Lol! 

Edit: Also, these are my thoughts exactly:

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/221bsweetheart/155025014663

Last edited by Vhanja (December 27, 2016 5:01 pm)

Team Hudders!

December 27, 2016 5:11 pm  #1899

That is a clever thought, Vhaja. Good find!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2016 5:31 pm  #1900

KeepersPrice wrote:

I don´t know what I want to see more: this or Sherlock retaliating and punching John back! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera