BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2016 5:54 pm  #1821

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Very strange indeed.

Also... that Moffat quote gives me hope

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 23, 2016 5:55 pm  #1822

Although it does raise an interesting question. 
Do we think they really cast an actor to play an actual character named "Sherringford?"
Or do we think the name will have some other significance? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 23, 2016 5:58 pm  #1823

Well they say the tweet has been taken down immediately so it still may be true (I'm on twitter only since yesterday, I can only observe things like different logos without really knowing whether the same logo is shown for everybody, for example).

It's just that I really don't like the news that are coming from that corner. Being a Russian fan must be frustrating business.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 23, 2016 6:00 pm  #1824

tonnaree wrote:

Although it does raise an interesting question. 
Do we think they really cast an actor to play an actual character named "Sherringford?"
Or do we think the name will have some other significance? 

I hope they won't bring yet another new face into the show, DI Hopkins is already plenty to get used to.
I like to think that Sherrinford is connected to the core of Sherlock's character like Redbeard and is more of a symbol that a face.

-----

December 23, 2016 6:14 pm  #1825

I once read this fanfic that had an interesting take on the Sherrinford/Sherlock idea.

They were identical twins and grew up very close. As teenagers they developed different interests and had a huge quarrel that ended up with Sherrinford drowning (an accident). Young Sherlock was so traumatized by this that he internalized Sherrinford's personality and basically ended up with some kind of split personality disorder.

Not that I think they will go that route, but I got to thinking of it when you, ewige, mentioned Sherrinford as being "connected to the core of Sherlock's character".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2016 6:19 pm  #1826

Have to say, the fic was very good. After Sherlock's fall/"death", John meets "Sherrinford" and managed to fall in love with him, leading to a huge amount of conflicting emotions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2016 6:36 pm  #1827

Vhanja wrote:

Have to say, the fic was very good. After Sherlock's fall/"death", John meets "Sherrinford" and managed to fall in love with him, leading to a huge amount of conflicting emotions.

Uhm, do you happen to have a link?

To stay on topic:

-----

December 23, 2016 6:45 pm  #1828

Just to finish the OT, here is the link (now that I've spoiled the entire fic ):

http://archiveofourown.org/works/635439/chapters/1150378

And that was a beautiful set of pictures, ewige!

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2016 6:47 pm  #1829

I think it would be interesting to see how scenes between the three brothers would play out if Sherringford were to actually appear because we could see "what happened to the other one" discussed but I could definitely see him/it as being something from Sherlock's past like Redbeard.

The fanfic with Sherringford sounds interesting Vhanja!

Last edited by Lis (December 23, 2016 6:49 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 23, 2016 7:05 pm  #1830

Lautrela wrote:

We all want to know what happened to the other one !!!!!!

Just imagine Moftiss going all Empty Hearse on us: You've waited for YEARS but NOPE, we won't tell you.

-----

December 23, 2016 7:10 pm  #1831

Vhanja wrote:

Only found this one:

Molly stalking Sherlock... I love it!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2016 7:21 pm  #1832

Loo has posted the picture she's actually been taking:

-----

December 23, 2016 7:23 pm  #1833

Wow, cool! 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2016 7:33 pm  #1834

But you can see Benedict is a little self-conscious about the whole affair. It's really sweet.

-----

December 23, 2016 7:39 pm  #1835

Yes, his face is priceless! 

December 23, 2016 7:53 pm  #1836

Love him. 

December 23, 2016 7:55 pm  #1837

December 23, 2016 7:58 pm  #1838

Ooh I like the photo by Loo and Benedict is adorable!

It's funny how we're getting some sort of new content ever day, do you think we will right up until Jan 1st?

December 23, 2016 7:59 pm  #1839

He's gorgeous in the gif; so obvious that it's Ben there!

And so cool that it's the origin of that shadow picture!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 23, 2016 8:07 pm  #1840

In the clip from that interview where they are walking down the isle in the church Lestrade doesn't seem very happy at all.

Board footera