BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2016 8:06 pm  #1461

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Maybe Sherlock put it in there, and didn't want it to seem like he cared xD 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 8:09 pm  #1462

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Maybe Sherlock put it in there, and didn't want it to seem like he cared xD 

True true

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 8:10 pm  #1463

Liberty wrote:

It's the baby that's off for me, in the photo.  .

Yeah, same for me. John IS holding her rather strangely.

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 8:15 pm  #1464

I think the bit about Sherlock is just meant to be funny.  But yes, somebody else could have put it there.  Kind of odd that it wasn't mentioned at Christmas, but at the moment we don't really know what happened in the weeks before Christmas.  But if the person had called the baby that, I doubt John and Mary would use that name ... I'm getting confused because of the announcement being before Christmas, before Mary has delivered!   But it's an interesting possiblity.   Somebody might also be using it to communicate.  A secret code in the announcement.  That would be right up Mary's street!

Yes, Sherlock could have put it there too!  But I still wonder why any of them would want the publicity.  Unless there's some deflection going on. 

December 13, 2016 8:51 am  #1465

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 13, 2016 8:52 am  #1466

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 13, 2016 9:02 am  #1467

Oh my O.o

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 13, 2016 9:03 am  #1468

These are great!  Very clever!

December 13, 2016 9:06 am  #1469

There is a lovely gif as well, not sure if I can post it here. You see the original pic and the word "no", then Mary is replaced by Sherlock and it says "yes". 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 13, 2016 9:10 am  #1470

It's lovely!

I saw that gif and while I'm not a strong Mary hater (I technically find the character interesting... but yeah it's not my otp) but the Sherlock version seems a lot less scary in a weird way

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 13, 2016 9:15 am  #1471

SusiGo wrote:

There is a lovely gif as well, not sure if I can post it here. You see the original pic and the word "no", then Mary is replaced by Sherlock and it says "yes". 

What about posting it over at the Fan Art thread?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 13, 2016 9:18 am  #1472

I was not sure if gifs work in here. But here is the link:

https://shawleyleres.tumblr.com/post/154383006536/all-is-well-with-the-world

Last edited by SusiGo (December 13, 2016 9:19 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 13, 2016 1:49 pm  #1473

I also this fan picture of John and Sherlock and baby but John was holding a cute puppy instead of a baby. LOL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 13, 2016 4:22 pm  #1474

December 13, 2016 4:29 pm  #1475

I like that very much.

December 13, 2016 4:43 pm  #1476

This is perfection!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 13, 2016 5:12 pm  #1477

Oh, I quite like that theory, and the more I stare, the more it could fit! 

We'll see soon! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 13, 2016 5:54 pm  #1478

Here is an interesting thing about the "I love you". BBC Entertainment Latin America has released the trailer with Spanish subtitles. They translated it with "Te amo". Which means love in the romantic sense and is the singular form, i.e. directed at one person only. 

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/154427394291/marcespot-klarksbelomi

December 13, 2016 6:03 pm  #1479

Sometimes the subtitles can get it wrong, but I have had a gut feeling this is directed at one person (even though, in English, it can be singular or plural). 

December 13, 2016 6:30 pm  #1480

I know, Liberty, but these subtitles were made by the BBC themselves. They should know what they are doing. 

Board footera