BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2016 6:35 pm  #1401

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

It's great to hear from Martin!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 9, 2016 7:34 pm  #1402

Nice interview, and yes, lovely to hear from Martin! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 9, 2016 8:01 pm  #1403

I never had any doubt that Martin would do press for Sherlock.  He's just not as "out there" as Ben.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 10, 2016 5:10 am  #1404

So the three titles have now all been officially announced

Who else thinks this must be Sherrinford?

Last edited by ukaunz (December 10, 2016 12:35 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2016 5:16 am  #1405

I know for sure he doesn't look like Sherlock. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2016 8:34 am  #1406

Twin or alter-ego?

December 10, 2016 12:22 pm  #1407

Also... now looking at the 'word pictures' they look like mugshots!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2016 2:43 pm  #1408

tonnaree wrote:

Interview with Martin at ew.com

Sherlock: Martin Freeman on how Baby Watson will change the show
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/09/sherlock-martin-freeman-season-4-baby-watson

Just wanted to add here that I think "He’s someone who truly turns Sherlock and John’s stomachs and who they really do want to bring down. They want to take him down." strongly implies that Sherlock and John will be working closely together in Ep2.  Or TLD, as I need to get used to calling it!

December 11, 2016 10:27 am  #1409

I'm bringing this over here .... we were discussing the new trailer and what episodes the different parts pertain to, and I realised I couldn't really talk about it without revealing setlock spoilers!   I was going to make a list of which episode I thought each part might be from, but somebody has kindly done it here:

http://thesetison.tumblr.com/post/154303177456/s4-trailer-2-setlock-breakdown

I had also speculated that the "I love you" room is part of the fort from TFP setlock.  Which possibly points to more of a Moriarty connection. 

I hadn't thought of it being Culverton Smith rather that John pushing Sherlock against the wall/door.  My guess is John, just because I see him as being a much more physical character in that way.  I know we don't know Culverton yet, but I bet he's going to have a more sinister way of going about things, rather than being physically threatening. 

Last edited by Liberty (December 11, 2016 11:40 am)

December 11, 2016 11:25 am  #1410

Thanks for the link, I was going slightly insane trying to piece everything together myself.

-----

December 11, 2016 1:58 pm  #1411

I can't remember where we were talking about Benedict's comments about the end of S4, but there's a little bit more in this article about the UK screenings: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/tv/sherlock-series-four-cinema-finale-12301385

"I think there will be a lull. I don't think it will be in a year-and-a-half necessarily, but we will wait and see and maybe it will be.

"First and foremost, we have got a fourth series for people to watch and understand and when they watch it they might go 'Oh yeah, maybe there does need to be a break now' because of what happens in it.

"No spoilers!"

Really curious about why there would need to be a break.  I know we're speculating about major events such as Mycroft dying, but that wouldn't need a break, would it?  They are already behind with the times, and could easily just jump ahead if say, Sherlock was in prison long-term.   I suppose I'm not going to know until I see it on screen!

December 11, 2016 2:04 pm  #1412

After watching the new trailer, I am kind of sure that we will all need at least two years to recover from S4. We will be wrecks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 11, 2016 2:06 pm  #1413

Very true!

December 11, 2016 2:57 pm  #1414

Lautrela wrote:

Well, it hasn't aired yet and I'm a complete wreck already. 

Me too!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2016 7:02 pm  #1415

Uh-oh.  Think we're going to survive the series? =)

December 11, 2016 7:12 pm  #1416

I doubt it. 

I'm more and more happy that I've arranged to watch this with my best friend. I need emotional support. 

On the other hand... I'm not sure how much support she will be. She's refusing to watch the trailer because she's afraid. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 7:24 pm  #1417

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I doubt it. 

I'm more and more happy that I've arranged to watch this with my best friend. I need emotional support. 

On the other hand... I'm not sure how much support she will be. She's refusing to watch the trailer because she's afraid. 

You'll have somebody to be afraid together, at least

-----

December 12, 2016 10:14 am  #1418

Official release, but contains major spoiler of the baby's name, so I'm moving it over to the spoiler thread just to be on the safe side for now!

Liberty wrote:

Not to distract from the trailer, but this appears to be an official release https://twitter.com/Sherlockology/status/808209874618355712

https://twitter.com/Sherlockology/status/808230983774457856

Very interesting!  And curious as Mary was apparently still pregnant on the 25th December in HLV!

Anyway, I wondered if the "television history" would involve some crossover between the real world and the fictional.  It seems like that has already happened (I suppose it was already happening with the blogs!  And yes, I did look to see if John had made an announcement there too, but he hasn't!).  I'm off to buy a Telegraph.

December 12, 2016 10:21 am  #1419

It is not in the online issue so it might be a fake. As for the date - this is indeed telling. There is something not right about the birth. And the pregnancy. And on the whole … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 12, 2016 10:29 am  #1420

I just love the ad even tho I have no idea what to make of it

-----

Board footera