BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2016 11:45 am  #1321

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

An Australian morning show screened a Sherlock promo interview with Benedict and Martin, I just found it on twitter!
http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/today/today-takeaway/2016/december/is-benedict-cumberbatch-headed-for-australia/
(You might need to view it with an unblocker VPN proxy like Hola)

Screen capture:

Last edited by ukaunz (December 6, 2016 11:46 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6, 2016 11:49 am  #1322

Wonder when this was filmed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6, 2016 12:02 pm  #1323

I wish I knew how to rip it and reupload it to YouTube! Surely someone else will do it soon...

Oh, here it is, a non geo blocked upload on Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/194487072

Last edited by ukaunz (December 6, 2016 12:07 pm)

December 6, 2016 12:11 pm  #1324

And very quick! I've edited my above post to include a Vimeo link, probably just should have made a new post 

December 6, 2016 12:16 pm  #1325

Our fandom works quickly, luckily! Thank you

(I'm actually impressed they used the Heartbeat clip!) 

But a lovely interview! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2016 4:41 am  #1326

OMG there was 4 minutes of special footage screened after TAB in the cinemas and someone filmed it. It's basically Mark talking very carefully about S4 without giving anything away, and some amazing behind the scenes stuff and anyway here it is!!

December 8, 2016 7:12 am  #1327

Whoa.
Thank you so much! I do love Mark. All the bits and snippets are very exciting.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 8, 2016 7:51 am  #1328

Thank you!  Actually quite a lot of hints/clues there, I thought, specifically about each episode.   I have to rush off to work, but will be thinking about this! 

December 8, 2016 7:57 am  #1329

I've transcribed Mark for a friend of mine but I'm still uncertain of the exact wording in "And a certain thing which came to fruition in this episode which we've been building for an awfully long time as a (up to??? what?) twenty-five year old spoiler, see what you can make of that." - EDIT: got it, thank you Liberty!

Here's the whole thing in case anybody's interested:

Good evening. I hope you enjoyed the Abominable Bride as much as I did or as much as we enjoyed making it.
 But now for series 4 of Sherlock we are returning to contemporary London where we all belong. And I have got four minutes apparently to tell you... absolutely nothing about the new series. What can I tell you in the next three minutes and thirty seconds? Well. Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson are back in the Baker Street as is Mrs Mary Watson, and there is a new arrival in form of a baby.
 Three minutes to go. So we have a new team in Baker Street, maybe we could have called it The Adventure of the Three Watsons, but we haven't. We've called it The Adventure of the Six Thatchers. There's a clue there if you know your Arthur Conan Doyle. You could go back to the original story and find out precisely as much or as little as you want to.
 Two minutes and thirty seconds to go. And a certain thing which came to fruition in this episode which we've been building for an awfully long time, hundred twenty-five year old spoiler - see what you can make of that.
 Two minutes to go. Well, Sherlock and John and Mary are tested as never before, they are put through an emotional wringer leading into episode two which is based on the Arthur Conan Doyle's The Adventure of the Dying Detective, now called The Adventure of the Lying Detective - two minutes and fifteen seconds - starring the great Toby Jones as Culverton Smith, one of the scariest baddies we've ever had and probably one of the scariest baddies ever committed to the television screen.
 Episode 2 is an extraordinary emotional punch in the guts. I think it's quite unlike anything we've done before and I'm very very proud of it. Leading to the episode 3, which we don't have a title for yet - yes we do but we're not telling you 'cause it's something of a give away. It's a combination of everything we've been building up for for the past six years of Sherlock. All kinds of clues and red herrings - one minute to go - finally paid off in episode 3, which features lots of extraordinary things I can't tell you anything about, but possibly things will never be the same again. But in the next thirty seconds perhaps I can speculate on how they might alter. Sherlock will come to a shattering climax, like a great piece of music, I hope. Whether there will be another concert to enjoy - who knows. We all certainly'd like to. But perhaps if you come to the cinemas more often and watch it there might be a fifth series, who can say? Fifteen seconds to go, I'm enjoying this. Well, I hope you have a lovely time. I think series 4 of Sherlock is the best one we've done. I'm very proud of it. I think everybody is on top of their form and I think it's going to be quite something. God bless.

And I personally prefer to interpret the "Sherlock will come to a shattering climax" bit not in the sense of literary composition but in the sense of biology and johnlock *ducks and runs*

Last edited by ewige (December 8, 2016 8:22 am)

-----

December 8, 2016 8:06 am  #1330

Normally I'm against those kinds of videos... but this time, considering not everyone were even given the chance of seeing it... well. 

Thank you for posting it! 

My heart is still racing. I'm thrilled, I'm excited... and I'm scared. My head is buzzing with all kinds of theories. I have reason to believe every single word Mark said was loaded

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2016 8:14 am  #1331

I thought he said "a hundred and twenty-five year old spoiler".  Thanks for the transcript!  Will catch up when I get back!

December 8, 2016 8:17 am  #1332

Liberty wrote:

I thought he said "a hundred and twenty-five year old spoiler".  Thanks for the transcript!  Will catch up when I get back!

THANK YOU! HUNDRED and twenty five year old spoiler! That makes so much more sense!
*throwing glitter around wrong topics less than discreetly*

-----

December 8, 2016 8:18 am  #1333

You know what happened 125 years ago? The original Reichenbach fall. So I think we are indeed going back very far, to TRF. The spoiler being that Holmes never fell down the waterfall. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2016 8:22 am  #1334

Thank you for the transcript. With my silly ears I always fear missing certain things. 

I heard 105 year spoiler, but it might have been 125!

Speaking of this... does anyone know if the BBC Iplayer have closed captions on the Sherlock episodes, even if it's the next day? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2016 8:23 am  #1335

SusiGo wrote:

You know what happened 125 years ago? The original Reichenbach fall. So I think we are indeed going back very far, to TRF. The spoiler being that Holmes never fell down the waterfall. 

But is it something they've been building up to for six years of Sherlock?
I think it's more about Watson's "there's always two of us" - I just hope they move it from Sherlock's MP to reality

Last edited by ewige (December 8, 2016 8:26 am)

-----

December 8, 2016 8:26 am  #1336

I keep coming to the conclusion that it's Moriarty related. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2016 8:28 am  #1337

I think it will be about Sherlock and John becoming a couple, Sherlock's past, Sherlock's mind, and all other stuff we have been getting so far. And I am not sure that Moriarty will matter very much which would be fine with me. He was a great villain but not the only one and I am really excited for someone new. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2016 8:30 am  #1338

I'd love for that to happen! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2016 8:33 am  #1339

We know that he will appear again but since they have filmed it publicly, I think it will not be a big surprise. More of a flashback maybe or Sherlock's memory or something like that. 

December 8, 2016 8:35 am  #1340

Oh I don't think he'll be alive... but I think something about Moriarty will have an impact somehow... 

Or maybe that's what the team wants us to think (maybe that's even why the leak of the episode title happened... to distract us) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera