BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2016 9:31 pm  #1281

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 30, 2016 9:59 pm  #1282

I wish I was better at 'Emoji-speak' now, xD. 

But something tells me there's some trolling there 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 30, 2016 10:04 pm  #1283

November 30, 2016 10:32 pm  #1284

Some information on T6T:

A statement said: “Sherlock waits to see where Moriarty will make his posthumous move. One mysterious case in particular baffles Scotland Yard – but Sherlock is more interested in a seemingly trivial detail. Why is someone destroying images of the late Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher? Is there a madman on the loose? Or is there a much darker purpose at work? Something with its roots deep in Mary Watson’s past…”

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-11-30/a-flood-comes-to-baker-street-as-new-details-of-the-sherlock-series-4-opening-episode-are-revealed

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 30, 2016 10:34 pm  #1285

SusiGo wrote:

Some information on T6T:

A statement said: “Sherlock waits to see where Moriarty will make his posthumous move. One mysterious case in particular baffles Scotland Yard – but Sherlock is more interested in a seemingly trivial detail. Why is someone destroying images of the late Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher? Is there a madman on the loose? Or is there a much darker purpose at work? Something with its roots deep in Mary Watson’s past…”

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-11-30/a-flood-comes-to-baker-street-as-new-details-of-the-sherlock-series-4-opening-episode-are-revealed

Wow, that's more than anything we've got thus far on the new season!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 30, 2016 10:36 pm  #1286

* gasps *

That's actually a lot of info at once!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 30, 2016 11:03 pm  #1287

The teasing glimpse of the plot has now been released by the BBC, along with a new image of the show which will raise more questions than it answers.

The photograph, starring Sherlock and Watson, sees water rising around their ankles and a series of strange items floating around them.

They include a music score entitled “Miss Me?”, a copy of Shakespeare’s Henry V, a teacup, a sequinned Persian-style shoe, a yellow face drawn on the mirror, and a violin.

A model RNLI lifeboat is also perched on the shelf, indicating something of a water theme.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/30/revenge-lefties-bbcs-sherlock-special-probe-vandalism-margaret/

Obviously the yellow face is reflected in the mirror. But a music score entitled “Miss Me?”, a copy of Shakespeare’s Henry V, and a model lifeboat? I can't see that much detail on my screen! Can anyone else verify these clues?

Last edited by ukaunz (November 30, 2016 11:10 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 30, 2016 11:17 pm  #1288

Liberty wrote:

I thought this bit of the GQ interview was interesting
(http://fuckyeahshockblanket.tumblr.com/post/151481238741/is-benedict-cumberbatch-too-big-to-fail-by)

“Just wait and see. It’s wonderful, it’s very exciting. It’s exceeded all kind of expectations for how we top what we’ve done before, and it’s ramped up the whole thing. It just gets better and better and better.”

More than other series, he says, this one feels more like one story in three parts - with a villain who “comes slamming into the centre” by the end of the first episode, “and carries on into the second and resolves in the end. It’s f***ing ridiculous, it’s so exciting”.

It is, he says, “one of the best pieces of drama I’ve ever had to do, some of the best sequences I’ve ever had to shoot”.

I wish this was just transcribed rather than quoted, but he seems to be saying here that the villain has a role in all three episodes.  This is interesting, because as far as we know Toby J was only confirmed for Ep2.  So either he has been secretly filming a little for Eps 1 and 3 (which could possibly have been done while doing Ep2 - I'm not sure) and is the archvillain for the entire series, or he's the Ep2 villain, as we thought, but there is a different archvillain for the entire series (very exciting trying to guess who!), or ... I'm taking the quote out of context and Benedict is talking about the story, not the villain.  My money is on the third option, but it's fun to speculate, of course.

Even if he just means the story, it's interesting to know that there will be an over-arching story for the series, even though I think we suspected that anyway!  I just get more and more excited about January!

I missed this quote when I was away, but this is really interesting! Thanks for posting it, Liberty 

November 30, 2016 11:20 pm  #1289

I found this which highlights all the details
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-11-30/did-you-spot-the-hidden-clues-about-tom-hiddleston-moriarty-and-doctor-who-in-the-new-sherlock-picture

I still can't see the lifeboat though.

Oh, now I can.

Last edited by ukaunz (November 30, 2016 11:31 pm)

November 30, 2016 11:32 pm  #1290

Redbeard?

December 1, 2016 8:00 am  #1291

Oh yes, it's got to be Redbeard!  At first I thought the slipper was just where he keeps his tobacco/cigarettes, but it could also refer to Mary's travels and the filming abroad. The possible reference to The Musgrave Ritual is interesting! 

The Radio Times does tend to spoil episodes (I don't know about Sherlock, but I remember they've done a synopsis of each episode for Doctor Who), which I don't have a problem with (it's possible not to look!), but just warning if people want a complete suprise.  I agree that it's a lot of information, although some of it is just confirming what we expected, or was hinted at.  Interesting that they really are doing The Six Napoleons (as it had already been done in John's blog as The Six Thatchers - I do wonder if they'll refer to that previous similar case?).   Also good to know that it's going to reveal more of Mary's past!  I think we'd worked that out, but I'm glad to hear it!

Last edited by Liberty (December 1, 2016 8:03 am)

December 1, 2016 8:27 am  #1292

Redbeard!

Ah yes, the slipper could also be a reference to Mary, but it is the slipper from TAB, isn't it? 
Maybe a hint to 'danger nights' etc with his drug use... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 1, 2016 7:14 pm  #1293

Ahem. No mention of baby or family in this offical episode description. Wonder why. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2016 7:16 pm  #1294

I honestly think the "challenge of parenthood" thing is a red herring. 

December 1, 2016 7:19 pm  #1295

Agreed. Food for the media, making silly jokes about uncle Sherlock, sociopathic baby sitter. Nothing more. 

December 1, 2016 7:22 pm  #1296

I know this probably sounds stupid... but now it's really, really real for me, now that there's a BBC description... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 1, 2016 7:28 pm  #1297

I know what you mean. 

December 1, 2016 7:40 pm  #1298

I feel the same, Phantom!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 1, 2016 7:57 pm  #1299

ukaunz wrote:

Uh, terribly gruesome pic. Almost too scary for my taste.
When I compare promotional pictures for TAB which were gothic but funny, this one is positively BLEAK. And bizarrely lifeless too...
Almost as if they wanted to scare off people instead of attracting more viewers...

Last edited by nakahara (December 1, 2016 8:23 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 1, 2016 7:59 pm  #1300

Also, what could be the significance of Henry V. book? Why that book of all Shakeaspeare´s plays?

Last edited by nakahara (December 1, 2016 8:18 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera