BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2016 11:31 pm  #1241

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

I also think there might be no baby at all. Because a baby as such as very far from Canon. As far as I know, John Watson never had children and the estimated number of wives ranges between one and six. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 5, 2016 8:51 am  #1242

Six????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 5, 2016 9:21 am  #1243

Reminds me of an article I once read... *googles* Oh, here it is
http://www.sherlockpeoria.net/Who_is_Sherlock/WatsonsWives.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2016 11:05 am  #1244

Well, we did see John with a baby on Setlock in various scenes. Perhaps flashbacks and the baby is gone by the start of S4?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 5, 2016 11:13 am  #1245

Vhanja wrote:

Well, we did see John with a baby on Setlock in various scenes. Perhaps flashbacks and the baby is gone by the start of S4?

Or still scenes that take place inside Sherlock's mind palace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2016 11:25 am  #1246

As far as I know, only two scenes filmed in public show a baby: Molly at the door of the Watson house with Sherlock and the market scene where Sherlock and John pick up Mary, baby, and dog. The first is a newborn, the second an older baby. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 5, 2016 11:32 am  #1247

Wasn't there also a scene with John and baby at a door that Mary opened?

November 5, 2016 11:40 am  #1248

Just about anything could be mind palace.  I do wonder about the market scene.  It's like the perfect world - they're all together (I know that's not necessarily what we want, but the characters themselves do seem drawn to each other and want to be together), with the baby, with a dog even, apparently going on an adventure together.    Either we're being set up with something nice to make the impending awfulness more awful,  or that's a fantasy. 

Supposedly there's a christening as well, but again that could be completely misleading - it could be mind palace or something else.  Even if it's real, if the wedding is anything to go by, the focus will not be on the baby or the christening itself, but on Sherlock and John. 

We also heard about casting calls for babies/small children, but they may not be the Watson baby.   There was that scene with a little girl, who could possibly be the Watson baby, but no indication that she is.  (However, I have wondered from Benedict's comments whether the series is going to jump ahead in time at some point, so it's a possibility that we might see an older Watson child).  The description of the scene makes it sound very much like mind palace to me. 

But I suppose we are going to see a baby in some form or another! 

November 5, 2016 11:43 am  #1249

Schmiezi: the scene probably belongs to the market scene. Sherlock and John ring the bell, Mary with baby and dog opens the door, she hands the John the baby, they walk to the market. This is how I remember it. 

Liberty: Yes, there will be a baby in some form. As for the older girl - I think this might be a flashback. There was this scene someone observed where a little girl was running circles around Sherlock. Mycroft was present as well. And we know they cast again one of the girls from ASiB.

November 5, 2016 12:02 pm  #1250

Yes, there was just something about the description of it that made me think mind palace - the girl running round, while Sherlock is trying to work something out or deal with something.   It doesn't have to be, of course. And I haven't completely given up the theory that Mary may be the other one! 

Now that you mention it, I'd heard about the girl from ASIB but hadn't connected her to that scene because I don't remember her being recognised as the same actress.  But I think only one person saw that scene being filmed, presumably at a bit of a distance, so it's unlikely that they would have recognised her?

November 5, 2016 12:06 pm  #1251

No, this is a misunderstanding, Liberty. Honor Kneafsey, the girl from ASiB, has definitely been cast. But she cannot be the girl running around Sherlock as she is too old. The girl was allegedly about four years of age. 

http://deducingbbcsherlock.tumblr.com/post/148984703059/tykobrian-thesetison-honor-kneafsey-girl-on

November 5, 2016 12:36 pm  #1252

Oh, I knew she'd been cast, but I thought you were suggesting she was the girl running around, which was a new idea to me!  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

November 7, 2016 9:22 pm  #1253

Here is a new promo pic - dark, lonesome Sherlock:

November 7, 2016 9:33 pm  #1254

Oooh, a bigger version than the one I posted in the other thread! 

But seriously, look at him! He looks positively dangerous! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 7, 2016 9:35 pm  #1255

Sorry, I did not see your post. 

November 7, 2016 9:45 pm  #1256

I just read some discussion on tumblr of how Martin has been completely absent from anything Sherlock for … how long? No interviews, no cons, he was only in one promo pic so far. I do not wish to stir any panic but when did we last hear Martin talk about his involvement with the show? Post-series 3?

November 7, 2016 9:47 pm  #1257

It reminds me of Spiderman 3 movie, where Peter Parker/Spiderman is showing is dark side. Where there is this dark thingy that takes over him.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

November 7, 2016 9:50 pm  #1258

Tbh, I prefer to imagine this is Sherlock looking at Mary. 

November 7, 2016 9:52 pm  #1259

(I don't mind, this is a much better quality as well!)

John's (and Martin's) absence has been bugging me... maybe there is a completely unrelated reason... or maybe there's something more sinister at play *shivers* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 7, 2016 10:06 pm  #1260

Not sure if we had this already:

Board footera