BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2016 5:12 pm  #1221

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

And we're on page 63 too. 

63 days will pass sooo quickly! I feel like I've just finished watching TAB for the very first time and was drying my eyes... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2016 4:24 pm  #1222

Here is an article with some interesting details:

http://m.inquirer.net/entertainment/205546

Wanda and Tim both seem to be in the case again. So far only Tim had been mentioned. And please tell me -  what strain can they put on the Sherlock-John relationship after one of them faked his death and the other married a killer who shot his best friend? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 3, 2016 5:41 pm  #1223

I fear the answer as much as I am longing for it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 3, 2016 5:58 pm  #1224

I am wondering if it involves the baby. If the strain is something new, the newest factor in S4 is the baby.

If, for instance, there is a situation where Sherlock fails to save the baby (with little to no fault of his own), and John blames him. Or something like that. 

Or it has to do with Sherlock's past. Where it puts Sherlock in such a distressed frame of mind that it puts a strain on their relationship. (Seeing as Sherlock's past seems to be the other new thing in this series).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 3, 2016 6:32 pm  #1225

Or maybe he fails to save the baby and it really is his fault.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 3, 2016 6:49 pm  #1226

I am still convinced that the baby will not play an important part in S4. I was something getting those vibes from everything they did over the last months. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 3, 2016 6:50 pm  #1227

I've been wondering about that too.  The violin with the broken string seemed to imply (to me) four people and one death.   The "three" were John, Mary and the baby, so I'd imagine the other is Sherlock (it's got to be him as he's the violin player), and that one of them will die.  Now, Sherlock being the violin player makes me wonder if he'd be the one to break to the string and kill the fourth person.  The broken string seems to be the highest one, the one closest to a child's voice, suggesting the baby is the one to go. 

Sherlock wrote the wedding song for John and Mary in the last series.  It makes me wonder if his next song is going to be a christening song or a funeral dirge. 

But as usual, I'm kind of thinking aloud.  There are other things that spring to mind - for instance that the violin is personal to Sherlock, so it may be only something of his that gets "broken". 

November 3, 2016 6:55 pm  #1228

I'm really nervous, and I've stocked up some tissues... I mean, I was in tears after watching TAB, so yeah. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2016 6:56 pm  #1229

One of the reasons I am not sure about John being wrecked with grief for Mary and/or the baby is the fact that during setlock Martin always seems very composed and in control. Whereas Sherlock at least during ep. 2 was quite contrary. Same goes for the trailer. On the other they might trick us by creating false impressions. But I am still not sure they are going to have the baby die, mainly because this is so extremely far away from Canon. 

November 3, 2016 7:02 pm  #1230

Yes, and I wonder if they're going to be playing around with time too, so we could be seeing Martin either before or long after any tragedy.  I'm enjoying the fact that it's such a mystery! 

November 3, 2016 7:13 pm  #1231

SusiGo wrote:

I am still convinced that the baby will not play an important part in S4. I was something getting those vibes from everything they did over the last months. 

Me too. That is why I think it will be gone/killed off quite early, and maybe some of the drama and angst will involve the aftermath of this.

John was also curiously absent in the trailer. Of course, Sherlock is - and should be - the main main character. However, I hope John will play a bigger part in the series than he does in the trailer.

As for straying away from canon, I think having Mary as an assassin that shoots and almost kills Sherlock is quite straying from canon already.

Last edited by Vhanja (November 3, 2016 7:14 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 3, 2016 9:02 pm  #1232

Well, to be honest, we do not have a true Canon Mary Morstan in the show but a curious mixture of Sebastian Moran and maybe someone else. The only thing that connects our Mary Morstan with the Canon one is the (false) name and the fact that she marries John Watson.
There is a certain parallel to Granada Holmes which completely did without the marriage because they felt it was not right. Moftiss chose another solution to the same problem - by turning her into A.G.R.A with a touch of Moran and a name taken from a gravestone.  

November 4, 2016 8:55 am  #1233

I just found out that the free-to-air channel TVOne in NZ will be screening season 4, but the dates are still TBA. I'm hoping I'll get to watch the first couple of episodes while I'm over there in January, if not I'll just have to wait until I return to Australia and watch it on "Stan", the streaming network that has bought the rights (it used to just screen on the ABC, our equivalent to the BBC). But that means I'll only have to wait until Jan 13, so I'm pretty happy about this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2016 9:02 am  #1234

With S3 and TAB (and maybe the series before that...) were shown here on a free to view channel a week after here... I hope it happens again! I think I'll try writing to them to ask actually. 

But obviously I'll have my ways to watch it when it airs on BBC. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2016 10:02 am  #1235

Oh they already answered! I asked if they would be showing it in January and they said that they had bought series 4... but didn't have the rights to show it yet. 

I'm kind of confused, lol. Did they mean they technically could air it now if they were allowed?? Or did they mean they haven't been told when they can air it after BBC has shown them? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2016 10:16 am  #1236

Sounds to me like they have bought the rights, but I wouldn't think they actually have the episodes to air them yet. They probably can't announce the dates until BBC officially schedules the premiere on UK TV either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2016 12:22 pm  #1237

I thought, they were still working on the music? Didn't someone here post a tweet 1-2 weeks ago from Mr Arnold and Mr Price that they were working on it and thinking about us Sherlock fans?

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

November 4, 2016 1:06 pm  #1238

nakahara wrote:

Here it is, Rache. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 4, 2016 1:06 pm  #1239

So did I... maybe the lady on facebook read my question wrong. They have been re-running the show the last weeks, TAB is on tonight... so maybe they thought I was asking if they were continuing with series 4 next week... 

I'll try to translate their answer a bit better:

"We have bought series 4, and we will show it. But we do not have the rights to air it right now. We will of course make an announcement when we start showing it!"

Yeah... they read my question wrong. I said January. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2016 7:50 pm  #1240

SusiGo wrote:

One of the reasons I am not sure about John being wrecked with grief for Mary and/or the baby is the fact that during setlock Martin always seems very composed and in control. Whereas Sherlock at least during ep. 2 was quite contrary. Same goes for the trailer. On the other they might trick us by creating false impressions. But I am still not sure they are going to have the baby die, mainly because this is so extremely far away from Canon.

So is John raising a child as a single father.  That is also extremely far away from Canon.

Board footera