BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2016 9:01 am  #981

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Liberty wrote:

I'm SO tempted to take a trip to Wilko's and look at their stock - or is that bordering on obsessive?   

Why obssessive? It´s all in the interest of science, of course!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 3, 2016 9:13 am  #982

I'm sure I can think of something I need to buy there

August 3, 2016 9:34 am  #983

ewige wrote:

But but but... they talk about CAM in the past tense and about Moriarty in the present tense:

He’s Irish, and he brings all his charm, his twinkle and his humor to it while he’s also terrifying. Magnussen was a very blank, chilling business man.

Was is an indication they think of Jim as alive? Was it a bluff? A double bluff?? LOL

Well we know that Andrew has filmed at least one scene for this series - whether it's Mind Palace, flashback or present day is yet unknown. Whereas Magnussen doesn't seem to be returning in any way. Maybe because Jim is fresh in their minds and is an ongoing element of the story - whether he's alive or dead - they refer to him in the present tense??

August 3, 2016 9:36 am  #984

besleybean wrote:

I missed all of the tweets and am kind of glad I did!
Sorry, a bit of a curved ball here: so Louis was in again?!

Yes there's a photo of her with a dramatic new shorter hairstyle. Do we think that is how she will appear in this episode? She had her longer hair in the first two didn't she?

August 3, 2016 10:01 am  #985

Sorry, I did wonder if I had misunderstood.
I was talking about Louis Moffat.
But I see it was Loo Brealey who had tweeted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2016 10:06 am  #986

It almost looked like a Sherlock wig to me, although maybe a bit too straight.  I wonder if she's in disguise, or if she will morph into Sherlock in some way (mind palace?).  This could have something to do with the backs of heads shots, and the people sitting in Sherlock's chair. 

August 3, 2016 10:12 am  #987

Yeah just saw the pic on the other thread: it's a stunner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2016 10:17 am  #988

Kind of suits her too.

August 3, 2016 10:17 am  #989

She's so beautiful anyway, but I just like short hair...on everyone!

August 3, 2016 3:50 pm  #990

Shani wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I missed all of the tweets and am kind of glad I did!
Sorry, a bit of a curved ball here: so Louis was in again?!

Yes there's a photo of her with a dramatic new shorter hairstyle. Do we think that is how she will appear in this episode? She had her longer hair in the first two didn't she?

Does somebody have a link or can post the pic? I'd love to see it.

Last edited by Schmiezi (August 3, 2016 3:51 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 3, 2016 3:51 pm  #991

It's on another thread on here...anybody?!

August 3, 2016 3:57 pm  #992

Thank you.

August 3, 2016 4:57 pm  #993

Thank you, dear. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 3, 2016 9:03 pm  #994

not such big surprise that he is back but still nice 

and I'm sure Wanda is back too.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 3, 2016 9:04 pm  #995

Yes!

August 3, 2016 9:06 pm  #996

Ha ha, we posted at the same time on different threads!  I loved Timothy and Wanda - delighted to see them back (if they're both back - I expect so).  Also wondering if anything can be deduced from this.  Probably not! 

Last edited by Liberty (August 3, 2016 9:07 pm)

August 3, 2016 9:07 pm  #997

Yes and I was equally pleased on both threads!

August 4, 2016 2:17 am  #998

If John's parents weren't dead, actors could be found to play them as well.  As it is, they could still be found to portray the Watson parents in flashback sequences.

Last edited by kgreen20 (August 4, 2016 2:18 am)

August 4, 2016 7:14 am  #999

Do we really need John's parents?
Harry, we could use...
But I doubt we ever will.

August 4, 2016 4:57 pm  #1000

Alive, no.  It's not hard to guess that they're dead, so if they were to be shown at all, it would have to be in flashbacks.  But I really would like to see the show reveal his childhood and something about his parents, as it did with Sherlock during Season 3.

Board footera