BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2016 12:01 pm  #901

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Btw, Rachel didn't make that picture though... Entertainment Weekly did... so I'm trying not to put too much into it 

Then that woman could be Rachel herself as the director of the episode.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 29, 2016 5:12 pm  #902

"Shocking" is a synonym for abominable  so maybe E-1 is all about Mary .

The hand holding the #tardis key reminds me of the woman ? Nail varnish and negligee ish.
There does seem to be a lot of hints to something about Sherlocks childhood coming up., of course the writers have said they wouldn't be returning to Sherlocks childhood though so 

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

July 29, 2016 6:47 pm  #903

The woman could be nothing to do with romance, as it's the key to his mind palace, not necessarily his heart.   It could be Mary, for instance.  Or his drug dealer!  The

woman in red

from setlock did spring to mind, but of course, that's not Rachel's episode, is it? 

Young Sherlock Holmes made me think because the romance (and the character's death) was explicitly given for the reason for Sherlock choosing to be alone, and that's something TAB started to explore.    I don't think it's likely to be a current romance, but I have to admit there have been a couple of hints of the possibility - "adventure, romance and terror", the talk about Sherlock developing his relationships with people, etc.  And Steven Moffat being a big, old romantic. 

And yes, I can see it as a hint that Rachel Talalay holds the key! 

For a wild moment, I wondered if it was a casting hint - that they'd secretly cast somebody (else!) from Doctor Who.  But of course the Tardis comment is added, not part of the picture. 

July 29, 2016 6:56 pm  #904

http://www.withanaccent.com/2016/07/28/sdcc-2016-sherlock-a-study-in-secrecy/GATISS: “There are certain contemporary events which have impacted on the season, I would say. In terms of your villains and things.”This really intrigues me!  Do you think there's a chance that this could have anything to do with the "television history" and "groundbreaking" comments?  I did wonder if they might be tying S4 into real life events in some way.   It's maybe a bit of a reach for this throwaway comment?

As for villains, they've kind of done it before with Magnussen - there were some parallels to a real life character.  Maybe this is something bigger?  I suppose that thinking of "contemporary" we also have to bear in mind that they've been planning S4 for a long time.  But it's possible that they've added something in recently.

July 29, 2016 7:10 pm  #905

Mothonthemantel wrote:

"Shocking" is a synonym for abominable so maybe E-1 is all about Mary .

The hand holding the #tardis key reminds me of the woman ? Nail varnish and negligee ish.
There does seem to be a lot of hints to something about Sherlocks childhood coming up., of course the writers have said they wouldn't be returning to Sherlocks childhood though so

Maybe they'll go into John's childhood this coming season!  I hope so. =)

July 29, 2016 7:32 pm  #906

I'd love to know more about John! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2016 7:38 pm  #907

Yes John's past please 

@Lib. TAB digging up the empty grave marked sister did make me think maybe Sherlock had a sibling whom he thought dead but realised maybe the death was faked. However not another faked death

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

July 29, 2016 7:39 pm  #908

I too would vote for John´s past rather than Mary´s, if it was up to me.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 29, 2016 7:49 pm  #909

Liberty wrote:

http://www.withanaccent.com/2016/07/28/sdcc-2016-sherlock-a-study-in-secrecy/GATISS: “There are certain contemporary events which have impacted on the season, I would say. In terms of your villains and things.”This really intrigues me!  Do you think there's a chance that this could have anything to do with the "television history" and "groundbreaking" comments?  I did wonder if they might be tying S4 into real life events in some way.   It's maybe a bit of a reach for this throwaway comment?

As for villains, they've kind of done it before with Magnussen - there were some parallels to a real life character.  Maybe this is something bigger?  I suppose that thinking of "contemporary" we also have to bear in mind that they've been planning S4 for a long time.  But it's possible that they've added something in recently.

Have also been thinking they may somehow link to a real life in time event -  New years eve celebrations in London maybe? As it is the europop photo looks like they are ready to do a Bowie tribute 

2016 has been cursed with many events though.

July 29, 2016 8:31 pm  #910

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Oh my, poor her!

Btw, Rachel didn't make that picture though... Entertainment Weekly did... so I'm trying not to put too much into it 

I just wanted to say thanks for this, and I agree.  I love how fans try to deduce things, honestly, but really, sometimes it's just a graphic!  In this case, it was part Entertainment Weekly's pre-Comic Con issue, speculating all the stuff we'd get to see (bad, quick little cell phone pic of my copy):

I thought it was cute Rachel re-tweeted it, and I figured the connection was probably because she had worked on both shows and was bemused, thinking their little 'mind palace key' joke looked an awful lot like a TARDIS key could.  So who knows how much insider knowledge EW has on the possible woman.  But yes, definitely neat bringing up stuff from the past!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 31, 2016 6:45 pm  #911

I'm wondering about the song Mark Gatiss started to sing at SDCC to describe Mycroft ("The first time ever I saw your face").  They joked about it being about it, and it was brushed off, but he seemed to think about the question quite seriously before he answered.   Do you think there were any clues there as to how he sees Mycroft? 

Last edited by Liberty (July 31, 2016 6:56 pm)

July 31, 2016 6:47 pm  #912

Referring to Mary?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 31, 2016 6:54 pm  #913

In what way?  A romance?  I suppose it could imply a romance with somebody in S4.   I got the impression it was Mycroft in general rather than just S4, though.

July 31, 2016 6:55 pm  #914

Just not sure...but can't wait to see!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 31, 2016 7:00 pm  #915

besleybean wrote:

Referring to Mary?

Probably. 

July 31, 2016 7:02 pm  #916

Glad you understood me!

July 31, 2016 7:34 pm  #917

Well, I don't understand!    It seems an odd choice for Mycroft (although I don't know what would be a good choice!).   I wish they'd asked him to explain it instead of going on to the next story.   Maybe he was just joking, but he seem to take the time to clarify the question and think about it - more than the others. 

July 31, 2016 7:38 pm  #918

That's what always annoys me with these Q&A things...remember when I mentioned before that(was it on the commentary?) that Mark seemed to be going to tell another funny story about Andrew, but then the conversation moved onto something else!

July 31, 2016 8:08 pm  #919

Liberty wrote:

I'm wondering about the song Mark Gatiss started to sing at SDCC to describe Mycroft ("The first time ever I saw your face").  They joked about it being about it, and it was brushed off, but he seemed to think about the question quite seriously before he answered.   Do you think there were any clues there as to how he sees Mycroft? 

I cant hear that song without chills. Is he referring to Play misty for me the film with Clint Eastwood stalked by a crazy obsessed knife wielding fan ?

July 31, 2016 8:10 pm  #920

I dunno, but 'The First time ever I saw your face' is a Roberta Flack classic.

Board footera