BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2016 3:01 pm  #741

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Stuart Biddlecombe will be Director of Photography for S4E1. Here is a sample of his work which looks brilliant. Director is Rachel Talalay. 

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/142351830021/sussexbound-stuart-biddlecombe-is-the-director

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 6, 2016 3:04 pm  #742

The 'climax' thing worries me a bit... that doesn't mean it's all about to end right?? 

but gosh, that press release has me buzzing though. It sounds like we'll get 3 more amazing episodes. Not that I doubted that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 6, 2016 3:26 pm  #743

Director of Photography sample: brilliant, moody, great with action and explosions.  Seems just right for the Sherlock job.  Can't wait to see the work of the director also.

Heard this somewhere yesterday (maybe here?): The cast was very teary after script reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

April 6, 2016 3:26 pm  #744

I wouldn't worry about that, Phantom. They have said that they'd like to continue the story till Holmes and Watson are much older, so...
And I wouldn't worry about 'the story about to reach its climax'.
There's quite a number of things that could be understood with 'about to'.
And, even if they finish the main story arc this series -which I doubt - I'm sure that the writers, beings such creative fanboys, have enough material left to start another chapter ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 6, 2016 6:06 pm  #745

So Mark wrote episode 1.

Good that they put BCs character name underneath, nobody would have known otherwise 

Source:https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3gjepDCHi/

Last edited by Ivy (April 6, 2016 6:06 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 6, 2016 6:13 pm  #746

Looks well-read already! (Edit: nope, it looks like stray pages. I wonder why a script needs stray pages?.. Are those like, director's notes?)
I can imagine learning half of it by heart. No wonder Ben keeps telling he needs to work even harder on memorizing stuff.

Last edited by ewige (April 6, 2016 6:17 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 6, 2016 7:24 pm  #747

OMG, Ben is playing Sherlock? LOL

But gosh... just seeing that makes me so excited. It's happening. 
It's actually happening! (I still can't believe it actually is happening!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 6, 2016 7:27 pm  #748

I would take that script apart and rub each page on my body after I read it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 7, 2016 7:20 am  #749

Is that why you're not a professional actor?!
Ha. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 7, 2016 8:14 am  #750

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 7, 2016 8:27 am  #751

Romance replaced with a tragedy, hmmm... what do they want to tell us?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 7, 2016 8:29 am  #752

That US audiences are not ready for romance? Did they ever hear of 221B Con? 

April 7, 2016 8:37 am  #753

Maybe they just want to keep it in secret?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 7, 2016 8:39 am  #754

Oh, yes, of course. After ten episodes the romance is still a big secret. 

April 7, 2016 8:52 am  #755

Their romance is obviously tragic, I think that's what they're saying. But why say it, while we're very much aware of it?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 7, 2016 9:10 am  #756

I hope for a happy-end of this romance.

April 7, 2016 9:19 am  #757

Ah, don't we all?
<3

April 7, 2016 9:49 am  #758

My personal predictions for S4 and beyond:
I think Mary will die.
Whether or not John marries again(and it would only be another woman), I don't know.
Whether or not he even dates more women, I don't know.
He will return to Baker Street and he and Sherlock will continue as before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 7, 2016 11:55 am  #759

SusiGo wrote:

That US audiences are not ready for romance? Did they ever hear of 221B Con? 

Where the attendees are predominately female and 90% johnlockers.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 7, 2016 12:55 pm  #760

Well they might cut out the word, but the romance is still there, plain as the nose on your... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera