BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2016 4:33 pm  #281

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Ooh.
But you know what I had completely forgotten about(but no doubt you lot not only remembered but have said!)...was in SIP, Sherlock's comment about Mycroft working for the CIA.
So maybe he has known Mary for a long time...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 13, 2016 4:41 pm  #282

Oh yeah....hmm...interesting, being CIA it's possible he was aware of her, though we don't know whether he saw Mary before His Last Vow, do we? So he could have been aware of her but not necessarily known John married her until then? If she didn't go by Mary Morstan before, isn't it possible she kept that new name secret and that the CIA might not have yet known about it, and then Mycroft saw her at Christmas and recognized her but didn't disclose?

Clueing for looks.

February 13, 2016 4:46 pm  #283

Many interesting possibilities...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 13, 2016 5:37 pm  #284

ukaunz wrote:

That casting call for a baby is for filming at the beginning of March
(https://twitter.com/MadDog_Casting/status/696989315461734400?s=17)

Didn't we establish that Sherlock would be filming from the end of March/beginning of April?
I'm wondering if they are going to do another mini-episode that will be released a month before s4.

A minisode in which we know -among other things- what happens at the end of that pregnancy, maybe...
But that would be spoiling us  Or rewarding us further for the loooong wait between series 3 and 4?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 13, 2016 5:37 pm  #285

Mycroft is the father! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 13, 2016 5:39 pm  #286

Oh stop it! 

February 13, 2016 5:43 pm  #287

Why ever not? Much darker than this boring outsmarting each other and running on cases and saving the world and so forth and so forth.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 13, 2016 5:46 pm  #288

Well I like all of that stuff...
But no, I think the darker stuff is going to be related to a death...not that automatically precludes a questionable paternity of course. But I'm certainly hoping the baby's John's.

February 13, 2016 5:46 pm  #289

God no!

But I think that she has been under surveillance for some time. He was aware of her. Though why didn't he warn John against her...Sherlock coming back home notwithstanding, the two of them -Sherlock and John- had had a relationship before his departure -put behind "relationship" what you will- , and loyalty was not questioned apart from that first meeting Mycroft had with John. 
Mycroft should have warned John. Because he knows Sherlock would have insisted. No matter that "caring is not an advantage", Mycroft would have done so. Because he'd do a lot of things -he even did legwork!- for his little brother.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 13, 2016 5:48 pm  #290

I don't think John needed warning as such, he was in no danger.

Sherlock decided John needed to know, but not because he thought either of them were in any danger.

Last edited by besleybean (February 13, 2016 5:49 pm)

February 13, 2016 5:49 pm  #291

besleybean wrote:

Well I like all of that stuff...
But no, I think the darker stuff is going to be related to a death...not that automatically precludes a questionable paternity of course. But I'm certainly hoping the baby's John's.

Same here.
I'm pretty certain that Amanda has said that Mary loved John. I can't imagine her saying that if she knew that the paternity was...questionable.

February 13, 2016 5:51 pm  #292

No, he wasn't, especially as Mary loves him.
"warning" must not have been the right word, I think. "inform him"?

February 13, 2016 5:52 pm  #293

besleybean wrote:

I don't think John needed warning as such, he was in no danger.

Sherlock decided John needed to know, but not because he thought either of them were in any danger.

Agreed.
"Don't get involved" gets a whole new meening, because there will be consequences to that in series 4.

February 13, 2016 5:53 pm  #294

Yes.
But possibly Mycroft thought that Sherlock would be better telling John.
Though if she's working for Mycroft...

February 13, 2016 5:56 pm  #295

Though if she's working for Mycroft, why let either of them know what her job was?
I think it's quite obvious that Mycroft considers John stupid -and Sherlock merely "slow".
He lives in a world of goldfish, after all.

February 13, 2016 9:38 pm  #296

I do have a hunch Mycroft at least has a few files on Mary from before she met John... interesting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2016 12:09 pm  #297

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2016 12:31 pm  #298

Oh yes!

February 15, 2016 12:34 pm  #299

*Screams*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2016 1:01 pm  #300

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera