BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 8:38 am  #2441

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

I never sleep, anyway...hopefully I won't fall asleep in the cinema tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 8:57 am  #2442

I had difficulty sleeping last night too and went looking for a Sherlock fix online - what a mistake!  I've posted outside of the spoiler thread so people can see it, but I tell you, Lis's prediction of possible spoilers (thank you for the warning!) was a massive underestimate.  It is being discussed as if the Russian one is the aired episode.  I feel a bit disappointed with the fandom, to be honest.  Thankfully, I got out when I realised how far it had gone, so I'm still relatively unspoiled.  I will be oh so careful today.

(Don't worry, I'm not going to so much as hint at the couple of spoilers I saw!).

January 15, 2017 9:01 am  #2443

The good side of the fandom is generally very upset.  I saw one young girl's facebook rant, but the post then seemed to be removed.
So sad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 9:03 am  #2444

I'm sorry to hear that, Liberty!
Had to slap my wrists a couple of times yesterday before looking for anything Sherlock-related online...

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 15, 2017 9:07 am  #2445

besleybean wrote:

The good side of the fandom is generally very upset.  I saw one young girl's facebook rant, but the post then seemed to be removed.
So sad.

Sherlock is a thing of beauty. I don't understand why non-Russian speakers would settle for a subpar subtitled (if at all!) version without the iconic voices. Especially with mere hours until the ep actually airs!

It must be easy to find out who leaked it, tho. It will be the underpaid employee with the new Lamborghini.

Last edited by ewige (January 15, 2017 9:08 am)

-----

January 15, 2017 9:31 am  #2446

Well, that's what gets me - you're only cheating yourself by watching it early in a language you don't understand!   Why did people want to do that, rather than wait a few hours?  I don't blame people for watching it, just don't know why they'd want to (unless they have excellent Russian and terrible English!  And even then ... I'm terrible at any languages other than English, but usually would prefer to watch non-English films with subtitles rather than dubbing). 

I haven't been able to look for the "good side of the fandom" because I'm too scared to go back into the breach! 

January 15, 2017 9:37 am  #2447

Well, the Russian fan page I frequent has been locked for posts from anybody but moderators since Friday. I'm glad it's the "good side of the fandom".
Too scared to look elsewhere too!

Last edited by ewige (January 15, 2017 9:37 am)

-----

January 15, 2017 10:17 am  #2448

Well done that site.

January 15, 2017 11:23 am  #2449

Loo tweet from earlier today, I found it a bit suspicious, why post it today hours before TFP.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 15, 2017 11:25 am  #2450

Aw...that's so sweet.
Sob 

January 15, 2017 11:30 am  #2451

Oh my.

And Ben... she means EVEN MORE beautiful than in TLD?

Last edited by ewige (January 15, 2017 11:31 am)

-----

January 15, 2017 11:32 am  #2452

I didn't know whether she meant in appearance, or acting...or both!

January 15, 2017 11:40 am  #2453

Well, she probably doesn't mean in appearance because he's been stunning from the get go.
The acting... Based on what little we've been shown in the trailers, TFP lets Benedict stretch his acting muscles. Good thing I'm stocked up on tissues because I'll be needing them. *sniffles in advance*

Last edited by ewige (January 15, 2017 11:42 am)

-----

January 15, 2017 11:41 am  #2454

Me, too.
I apologise in advance to all my fellow cinema goers.
Oh who am I kidding?
It's Dundee.  They'll all just laugh at the soft English woman!

January 15, 2017 12:10 pm  #2455

Aww bless Loo! 

I can't believe today's the day! I'm happy, excited scared, and sad (and probably a few other emotions I haven't registered) all rolled in to one. I think I am going to be a mess come the end of TFP.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 15, 2017 12:14 pm  #2456

Why suspicious, Ivy? I had a look at her twitter, and it looks like she might be in Cambodia at the moment, which explains why she'd be asleep when Sherlock airs.  So maybe she just wanted to say something, knowing that people will be reacting and tweeting her during the night. 

January 15, 2017 12:26 pm  #2457

I meant that it sounds like a farewell for Molly/Loo, like she'll never be in "Sherlock" again. As if she'll die or so. And then I thought why would she post something like that, it'd be too spoilery. Or is it a red herring, is it the bad influence of Mofftiss. I just wondered. I think twice about everything Sherlock related these days. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 15, 2017 12:33 pm  #2458

It is was it is: this might be the last ever Sherlock and Loo was acknowledging that. 

January 15, 2017 1:15 pm  #2459

Oh, I see what you mean, Ivy.  To be honest, I think they've all been posting things as if it could be the last one (although not with such ominous timing!).   It does sound as if she's talking about the end of an era for all of them. 

January 15, 2017 1:18 pm  #2460

Board footera