BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2017 8:49 pm  #2421

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Gonna post on my Twitter and tell people to stay away from this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 8:52 pm  #2422

That's it.
I'm freaking exhausted.
Going off tumblr etc.
Just going to drink wine tomorrow and watch the episode.
In the end, it is what it is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 14, 2017 8:52 pm  #2423

I'm not really au fait with tumblr and don't know what to avoid - is it best to just avoid the site altogether?

January 14, 2017 8:53 pm  #2424

That's my mantra for life!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 8:56 pm  #2425

The Russians are very involved in a lot of things these days aren't they!

I just have to avoid any Sherlock related tag for the next 24h. I think that'll be fine.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 14, 2017 8:56 pm  #2426

GRRR! 
You'd think you could avoid spoilers before an episode aired on TV... I mean, the Doctor Who spoiler I had a while back was while waiting for it to come to Danish TV. 

I've still avoided any spoilers... and I plan on staying spoiler free until the episode airs tomorrow.

Also... another problem with this is that the people watching this Russian thing is that none of the team actually get any out of it; while the russian sites make money off it. 

Have some decency people! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (January 14, 2017 8:58 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 14, 2017 8:58 pm  #2427

Raving Capitalists feeding the big Corporate fat cats...
In Russia?  Who would have thought!

January 14, 2017 9:23 pm  #2428

Ivy wrote:

Demonising the whole country for the action of one person who leaked the stuff.
How very democratic.

Last edited by nakahara (January 14, 2017 9:24 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 14, 2017 9:25 pm  #2429

I hope we were all just having little jokes and anyway, I didn't see any 'demonisation'.

January 14, 2017 9:44 pm  #2430

nakahara wrote:

Ivy wrote:

How very democratic.

Please calm down. I knew I should have used that -> instead! That's the problem with the internet, not enough emojis. Oh well.... 

----------

January 14, 2017 9:45 pm  #2431

I never even noticed the emoji...
I saw but didn't observe!

January 14, 2017 9:57 pm  #2432

Yeah they should be bigger and more variety. I already use the winking one a lot. 
Anyway, back on topic...

----------

January 14, 2017 9:58 pm  #2433

Oh well. Russian fan sites don't share the illegal upload and actually urge people to remain spoiler-free.
I can't understand how a whole episode can be leaked anyway. Hmmpf.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 14, 2017 10:05 pm  #2434

You know what would be funny though, if there were different scenes, plots and ending in tomorrows episode as the ones in the leak. 

I don't get that, too. Was the station who broadcasts the show in Russia got hacked, was it a employee from there? Weird.

Btw. I hope the BBC will be able to sue someone.

----------

January 14, 2017 10:09 pm  #2435

I think so many people are involved in dubbing etc. that it's probably difficult to keep track of a digital copy
BBC won't need to sue anyone because all but Russian speakers will watch the ep when it airs tomorrow anyway. The Russian broadcaster might want to look into the leak, tho! It's their market share / ad profits after all.

-----

January 14, 2017 10:34 pm  #2436

Ivy wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Ivy wrote:

How very democratic.

Please calm down. I knew I should have used that -> instead! That's the problem with the internet, not enough emojis. Oh well.... 

I get the joke but then I'm American..

Not long now!

January 15, 2017 12:12 am  #2437

tardislass wrote:

I get the joke but then I'm American..

Here is the Sue´s tweet warning about the leak.

https://twitter.com/suevertue/status/820298121552936965

Plenty of Russian fans are apologising for the leak that happened in their country, being very sympathetic and polite.
And then there are some Westerners, "joking" through remarks like "Those darn Ruskie", "Fucking Russians", "Why it is always the Russians" etc.
That´s why even the original joke here rubs me the wrong way and it won´t change so soon.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 15, 2017 4:37 am  #2438

Did it leak on Friday the 13th? Because  ? Really ?

Have been busy and avoiding any spoilers.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 15, 2017 6:18 am  #2439

Russian fans should not apologize for being Russian! The fault is purely with the idiot who decided to upload it and make a profit... as well as the idiots who shared it, and made screen grabs and what else (what I luckily still have avoided)

Another thing... it's so soon! Isn't it?? I had planned on sleeping in so I was fresh, and had less time to panic about the episode (but guess who accidentally set an alarm for 7am... *groans*) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2017 7:03 am  #2440

It. Is. Today! *grins madly*
I too have been planning on sleeping a lot in advance but our neighbor's burglar (false) alarm had to wake up the whole neighborhood at 4.30 

-----

Board footera