BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2017 11:57 am  #2401

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

SPOILER ALERT!

I recommend people do seek out and watch any of the UK TV's Black Mirror series.  They really are very good: they tend to surreal, futuristic and quite political.  Black comedy. So just to warn you, I am going to be fairly explicit about one of the main climaxes in one of the episodes.

To cut a long story short: the UK PM is conned into having public sex with a live pig.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 12:02 pm  #2402

Thanks. :-p Explicit indeed. Well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 14, 2017 12:04 pm  #2403

Yes, it was quite an episode!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 12:05 pm  #2404

I'm sniggering about the fact that you've referred to it as one of the "climaxes".  That episode was so funny - Rory Kinnear was brilliant!   And funnily enough it was aired before the real life allegations that the real prime minister had sex with a dead pig!

January 14, 2017 12:06 pm  #2405

Exactly so and yes, I sniggered at my wording too!

January 14, 2017 4:48 pm  #2406

Just a bit of a heads up, apparently a Russian dubbed version of the episode was leaked earlier today. I think it has already been taken down but be aware of potential spoilers or maybe screen caps that might start to appear! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 14, 2017 4:55 pm  #2407

Thanks! I'm definitely keeping tumblr shut down now! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 14, 2017 5:05 pm  #2408

No worries. Yeah I think staying of Tumblr and Twitter (or maybe the internet in general haha) is the best way to go to avoid spoilers. We're so close now!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 14, 2017 5:30 pm  #2409

Thanks for the warning!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 14, 2017 5:31 pm  #2410

Just a bit sad it has to be this way... I feel a bit 'homeless' as most of my human interaction happens online

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 14, 2017 5:34 pm  #2411

Only 24 hours, though!

January 14, 2017 5:55 pm  #2412

Oh, gross!  That's one show I won't watch.

January 14, 2017 5:59 pm  #2413

Yep, there are ways to get your hands on the Russian version of the new ep
But I'm not watching until you guys watch it too. I'd go mad not being able to talk about it. Besides, I don't want to watch the weird dubbed version anyway. Don't get me started on all the translation errors in TLD!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 14, 2017 6:03 pm  #2414

Bad translating...causes so many problems in the world and I don't just mean in film and literature!

January 14, 2017 6:51 pm  #2415

Meretricious wrote:

Just had a weird moment... I decided to watch a TV series called Black Mirror. First episode, starring Rory Kinnear as the UK Prime Minister, had a scene that revolved around the Home Secretary – played by Lindsay Duncan – ordering a D-Notice! The episode was aired in 2011, so I'm guessing Moftiss may have been inspired by the scene when writing HLV/TST.

That was a fantastic and incredibly weird episode with a brilliant Rory Kinnear.

besleybean wrote:

I think we all remember that episode for other things!

Indeed  If it were real it would work exactly like that, empty streets because everyone would watch, for different reasons,  that's human nature.

You can imagine how hard I laughed when I heard the words "David Cameron" and "pig" in the news (2015?)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 14, 2017 6:53 pm  #2416

(SPOILER ALERT)
You thought it was funny? Imagine how much we all laughed over here!
Incidentally if it was real, I actually would not watch. I can't imagine any reason I would want to.
I would be the one on the empty streets, finding and helping the released hostage.

January 14, 2017 7:34 pm  #2417

Lis wrote:

Just a bit of a heads up, apparently a Russian dubbed version of the episode was leaked earlier today. I think it has already been taken down but be aware of potential spoilers or maybe screen caps that might start to appear! 

Thank you for heads up, I would definitely avoid both Twitter and Tumblr like a plague! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 14, 2017 7:37 pm  #2418

I can't honestly say I'm seeing much on Twitter.

January 14, 2017 7:42 pm  #2419

I definitely don't want to see a dubbed version, when it's only one day to go until I can see it in all its glory!   But thanks for the warning.  I'll tread carefully.  I'm not usually a tumblr or twitter person, but have been looking in occasionally.  There's a chance that this may be the last Sherlock episode ever, and I don't want to spoil it! 

January 14, 2017 8:48 pm  #2420

We really have to be careful now regarding tumblr. I just saw a screenshot there from a scene that I haven't seen before and some text in Russian below it.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera