BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2016 9:54 am  #221

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

The schedules will work around each other I'm sure... also yeah. Probably avoiding setlock issues would be good,

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 29, 2016 1:14 pm  #222

*passes out tea and biscuits*
All right everyone.  Deep breath now.  No need to panic yet.
(((group hugs))))

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 29, 2016 1:49 pm  #223

SolarSystem wrote:

Maybe he'll be in S4 for only 20 minutes. After all, there is another Watson now with whom Sherlock can go on his adventures... 

Noooooooo!!! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 29, 2016 2:26 pm  #224

mrshouse wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Maybe he'll be in S4 for only 20 minutes. After all, there is another Watson now with whom Sherlock can go on his adventures... 

Noooooooo!!!

Like I said, what could be more devastating than that...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 29, 2016 2:35 pm  #225

SusiGo wrote:

Just a little worried question: They said shooting was to begin in April, right? Now I am reading that Martin is going to play in 10-episode show (Start-up) which just started filming and that he will be in a film called "Offical Secrets" which may be start shooting in May. Now I wonder when he will find the time for doing Sherlock? 

Depends when Start-up starts shooting.
Setlock should be in April, one episode takes around 25 days to shoot, according to Sue.
If Setlock starts on the 2nd April (or on the 1st, but I wouldn't put it past them to say they'd start on the 1st, only to tell us to look at the date...), and Official Secrets starts shooting in late May, the schedule should be alright.
Plus, if Martin's role in OS is not too important, I suppose they would shoot his scenes when he's available?
I'm certain a film takes so much longer to film than a TV series episode (even if Sherlock's are movie length and...well, basically movies).

I've had a look at my calendar (tried not to get too distracted... wonder what calendar I was looking at) and on 31st May would be the third episode's shooting -assuming they start on the 2nd April and an episode takes 25 days.

I don't think we should panic. It will be alright. Nor that his role in Sherlock would be reduced. It's the duo Sherlock Holmes/John Watson that makes it work so well, after all.
But I agree that this would indeed be dark and devastating. Too much so. Please don't do that, TPTB.
What's a few months delay to us now, anyway?

Last edited by Lilythiell (January 29, 2016 2:38 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 29, 2016 2:55 pm  #226

Don't forget they've shot Sherlock in between filming other things before.  Little Favour was shot between Sherlock episodes, so while it might delay things somewhat, Martin should still be able to film Sherlock in between other things.

Clueing for looks.

January 29, 2016 3:26 pm  #227

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2016 3:28 pm  #228

Good
There was indeed no need to panic

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 29, 2016 3:31 pm  #229

That seemed like a pretty decisive answer, so that's good.

Clueing for looks.

January 29, 2016 3:44 pm  #230

Amanda's tweets have never made me that happy. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 29, 2016 4:48 pm  #231

Ah, she's alright and good to the fans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 29, 2016 9:50 pm  #232

Yitzock wrote:

Don't forget they've shot Sherlock in between filming other things before.  Little Favour was shot between Sherlock episodes, so while it might delay things somewhat, Martin should still be able to film Sherlock in between other things.

And Peter Jackson had to juggle Martin's performance in New Zealand as Bilbo Baggins with his performance in England as John Watson, when they were filming The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.  His performance in this new show and his performance in "Sherlock" may have to be juggled in the same way.

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 29, 2016 9:51 pm)

January 29, 2016 10:26 pm  #233

Yay!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 30, 2016 7:15 am  #234

Oh, I am glad that I only read this thread today and not yesterday. I am very prone to panic at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 30, 2016 8:40 am  #235

I think we're all a bit jittery as far as Sherlock is concerned.
I've previously had to apologise for my childish tantrums, when I've realised we were getting no Sherlock that particular year.
Of course this was back at the beginning, when I didn't know we'd be waiting years between series!
I think it's maybe partly why the team are so shady about giving any kind of time reference, just in case they later have to disappoint.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 30, 2016 12:32 pm  #236

I'm not panicking.  Daily shooting can be planned, actors may not be needed every day, in every scene. Good actors can change characters at the drop of a hat. It's really the behind the scenes production work that takes so much time.  Shooting seems to go fairly quickly in comparison.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 31, 2016 7:11 am  #237

Now that's true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 31, 2016 8:16 am  #238

I understood it that both filming and post-production take about 3 months each.
I just remember them saying a month per episode...that was the filming.

January 31, 2016 2:22 pm  #239

Yes, 22 days (for the pilot, or ASiP, I can' remember) and 27 days for the special. Sue said that an episode took about 25 days to shoot.

February 1, 2016 1:40 am  #240

But again, not every actor will be needed for every scene.  They could shoot for 28 days and only need Martin, or whoever, for 19 days and even then not continuously. He could do other things in between. Stay calm, my dears. Our boys will be together again in April.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera