BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2016 10:09 pm  #2021

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Thanks!  I wonder if some clever person has taken all the pieces from all the trailers and clips and put them together in (what we think is the) right order?  I'm just wondering how much we've actually got of the stories and how much is still to find out! 

December 30, 2016 10:16 pm  #2022

The two BBC trailers have been connected to the setlock infos... The was the link to this meta about 40 pages back in this thread
I don't recognize the flat John and Sherlock are at here at all. Maybe just a minor location. Maybe Badass!John Headquarters!
I also think that the first sentence "This is the most dangerous, the most despicable man I've ever met" might belong to a different character, not Sherlock. I've never watched the show in Russian to ID the voice but it seems different from the second sentence. Maybe even John speaking about Sherlock?!

Last edited by ewige (December 30, 2016 10:18 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 30, 2016 10:22 pm  #2023

I think I might have posted that link!  I was just wondering if anybody had made them into a video, along with the other trailer and clips.

That sentence does sound like the sort of thing that Sherlock would say, though, doesn't it?  Or it could be John ... I'm guessing it's about Culverton, as we know they're going to hate him, and also he features in the trailer.

December 30, 2016 10:29 pm  #2024

-----

December 30, 2016 10:30 pm  #2025

Yeah it doesn't seem to be John's flat, like you say too bright and airy. Maybe they moved, which could explain the weird issue of wherever the baby shower is being held looking similar but different to John's flat as it was previously shown. Maybe they moved the cupboards and had some left over wallpaper and decorated their new place the same? 

Seriously though, I'm not sure who's house they're in but there's a setlock video of them leaving a house so I'm guessing it's the same one Sherlock and John (and Molly?) are in here.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 30, 2016 10:33 pm  #2026

The house with the TV in the hallway looks very cosy and traditional. The white walls, the lamps, the deco in the Russian trailer look all very modern to me. Maybe John turned James Bond and got a really cool place to stay now.

Last edited by ewige (December 30, 2016 10:34 pm)

-----

December 30, 2016 10:42 pm  #2027

Haha, maybe!

Love the exploding fan theories vid. Mark's answer regarding Mycroft's fate hasn't helped with my worries about what could happen to Mycroft but then he does love to tease.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 30, 2016 11:01 pm  #2028

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 31, 2016 2:13 am  #2029

I have irrational cravings related to this armchair:

-----

December 31, 2016 8:21 am  #2030

Beautiful promo pic! It's interesting how it resembles a picture of Oscar Wilde...

And about the sentence Sherlock said at the end of the Russian trailer... Wasn't that close to what he said about Magnussen??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 31, 2016 8:47 am  #2031

I don't really see the Oscar Wilde resemblance, apart from the both having longish faces.  Possibly the hair.  Oscar comes across in photos as a snappy dresser too, but more flamboyant, I think, whereas Sherlock is more understated.  They both have/had brilliant minds, but I think are different kinds of thinkers, although there is some crossover.  Interesting comparism, though!

One day to go!

The Mark Gatiss fan theory video is great!  Of course, he's being playful there ... but I think I believe that Mary is not Moran. (I'm quite pleased with what he says here, because I thought that if they do make Mary a villain, which isn't a given, I'd rather she was an uber-villain rather than a Moriarty minion).  He was very cagey about Mycroft's death - his favourite theory!   I'd never have pegged Culverton as the third brother, and he's not in the Sherrinford episode, although Mark neither confirms or denies that! 

December 31, 2016 8:48 am  #2032

Oh, I didn't catch that!
And you are right, the whole exchanged reminded me a lot of Magnussen.

-----

December 31, 2016 8:58 am  #2033

I keep recalling Lars Mikkelsen's face when I met him at the Doctor Strange Gala in Copenhagen and got him to to sign my Sherlock bag... I praised his work on Sherlock and he seemed confused about what to say...

He probably isn't and it's such a far fetched thing... but I wonder how much influence Magnussen has in the new series

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 31, 2016 8:58 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 31, 2016 9:05 am  #2034

Yes, I was thinking of Magnussen when I thought it was the kind of thing Sherlock would say.  I wonder why Lars was confused?  Great that you got to talk to him, though, and let him know how much his work was appreciated!   I have accepted that he won't be back (although hoping against hope that they've secretly snuck him into a flashback or mind palace scene!).  It's part of the reason I'm so excited about Toby, because Lars was so good at creating a different kind of villain.

December 31, 2016 2:43 pm  #2035

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 31, 2016 2:45 pm  #2036

-----

December 31, 2016 2:48 pm  #2037

Wow! 

December 31, 2016 2:50 pm  #2038

I know, right?
They are spoiling us!

I really hope John is putting up a show for the camera. Maybe he hits Sherlock for the same reason.

-----

December 31, 2016 2:55 pm  #2039

ewige wrote:

I know, right?
They are spoiling us!

I really hope John is putting up a show for the camera. Maybe he hits Sherlock for the same reason.

Yes, it may be that the situation is staged for someone´s benefit.

December 31, 2016 11:35 pm  #2040

So...it's 00:35 where I live, so later TODAY I will get to watch TST! Omg! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera