BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2014 3:07 pm  #1

Greetings from Norway

Hello everyone. I'm a bit late to the game as I only got to know BBC Sherlock this year. A good friend of mine fawned all over Benedict Cumberbatch and talked about the series. I thought "meh" and didn't think much about it. Until one day the curiousity got the better of me and I gave Sherlock a try - after all, I love the character Sherlock Holmes.

And the rest is, as they say, history. I've become such a great fan it's almost ridicoulus, and the series have given me a great interest in both ACD Sherlock Holmes stories, and the other work of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. 

I am in awe of the script, the editing, the music, the acting, the dialogue - the series is simply brilliant in all aspects.

Oh, and a little bit of me. 37 years old, female, live in Norway with my boyfriend, my dog and our two cats. I'm a big fan of the English Voices, which consists of Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman (and now also Mr Cumby). 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2014 3:11 pm  #2

Re: Greetings from Norway

Hello!! Nice to meet you!

December 11, 2014 5:49 pm  #3

Hi, warm welcome from me as well. 
And I have a weak spot for exactly the same actors concerning their voices. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 11, 2014 5:57 pm  #4

Warm welcome here - you should fit in very well! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 11, 2014 6:16 pm  #5

Thank you all!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2014 7:43 pm  #6

Welcome on the forum

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

December 11, 2014 8:18 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum. I must admit that my idea about Norway is heavily influenced by "Lillyhammer".

Nice to have you around!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 11, 2014 8:27 pm  #8

Thanks again. And haha, Lilyhammer airs in Germany? I've only seen the first season. 

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2014 9:17 pm  #9

Welcome to the forum, Vhanja!
Glad to hear that you eventually discovered the show and Mister Cumberbatch - I'm sure you'll have a great time here!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 11, 2014 10:26 pm  #10

Velkommen! Lillehammer was so good! Hope you have fun here! Skål! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 12, 2014 5:52 am  #11

Thank you and takk! 

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2014 7:17 am  #12

Welcome, Vhanja, I hope you will have lots of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 12, 2014 7:26 am  #13

A warm welcome from me as well. And I am excited, because I am also a big fan of Norway. From which part do you come from?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2014 7:30 am  #14

gently69 wrote:

A warm welcome from me as well. And I am excited, because I am also a big fan of Norway. From which part do you come from?

Thanks again, guys!

I live on the west coast, about 20 km from Stavanger, the oil captial of Norway.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 12, 2014 7:30 am)

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2014 7:40 am  #15

Then maybe I can wave to you next June if we decide to include that area into our route.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2014 7:57 am  #16

gently69 wrote:

Then maybe I can wave to you next June if we decide to include that area into our route.

You should!

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2014 10:13 am  #17

I'll let you know.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera